Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake) (/showthread.php?tid=53830)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

- SleepyP - 2009-07-03

oh and my roomies are really happy about the "recently added" stuff on the home page, since we are all independently downloading different stuff, this way the Home page of our living room box is showing whatever is new Smile

- Jezz_X - 2009-07-03

jmarshall Wrote:Feanor: Flatten your listing (it's on the left).

Jezz_X: You know I hate settings, but IMO this recently added thing might warrant it. It works nicely here, but I can see how it could be slow on some machines. Some might just not like it either (it's kinda useless after a rescan until we have proper dateadded functionality).

Cheers,
Jonathan

There is allready skin setting to disable it in the Home Window section (this should stop it running too) I guess turning it off by default might be the idea. For people having lots of trouble its probably because of really large music libraries I commented out the fetch line in mine and it seems faster.

For those who are game try replaceing the one in the skins scripts dir with this version of the script and see if its any better (I commented out everything I don't use instead of using the default)
http://blackbolt.x-scene.com/Jezz_X/RecentlyAdded.py

- Jezz_X - 2009-07-03

SleepyP Wrote:Most recently I have been running MiniMeedia as my main skin. This one is nice enough that I think I'm using MediaStream Redux now, especially since it works well on the XBox as well Smile I'll try and make my feedback as useful as possible:

1-is it possible to add support for Weather FanArt which is organized based on current conditions? It really added to the "Wow" factor, and should be do-able with minimal code changes. This is what I am referring to.

2-Is there space in the movie info views for studio and MPAA rating graphics? When those are present it really makes everything seem more "official" somehow, like you're looking at the digital equivalent of the DVD case. I believe these graphics would look right at home sitting next to the official codec logos already present in the skin Smile

3-I second the proposal for the more under-stated, checkmark style "watched" overlay. Much more classy looking, plus half of the people I have showed the eye to have to have it explained to them before they get it, which doesn't scream "intuitive design" to me.

4-Thanks a lot for including support for both TV wide icons and posters. I wish more skinners were as matter of fact about it.

5-The portion at the top of the screen that shows your current relative position within XBMC is extremely n00b/girlfriend-friendly

6-As others have reported, it looks like the "Plot synopsis" text field present in Media Info 2 view is not auto-scrolling despite having the setting set properly.

7-The overlays covering up the FanArt seem a bit on the dark side to me. This is mostly a personal taste kind of thing, as I really like the skins that show off the FanArt. Maybe turn down the opacity by like 10%? I know its a slippery slope because then you run the risk of reducing the text readablity but it may be worth looking at, especially if its doable with changing a few tags Smile

Freaking awesome work! Me and my roomies love it, and my girlfriend is like "OMG give me that on my XBox now!", so its a big hit over here.

1) Weather fanart allready on it go to left on the weather page then Misc Options
2) currently no space
3) Watched stuff is on the to be completed side whats in now was very basic
4) your welcome
6) to be honest I'm suprised it works at all :0 Its a hold over from pm3.hd that I used to remake this (will look into them)
7) yeah not going to change the xpr is unprotected though so feel free to extract it and change the images

- Jezz_X - 2009-07-03

paco Wrote:For the most part this redux is excellent. I do love the fonts and overall feel of this version. Very slick! The favorites menu is well located! I do have a couple of issues however. Maybe some can be tweaked and I'm not aware.

- I would rather leave the default backgrounds on the menu but rotate the fanart in the music, pictures, etc... Is there any way to do this? At the moment, I can set a fanart folder but it also changes the main menu.

- The "Recently Added" feature is causing input delays (XBMC becomes unresponsive) on my system when exiting a submenu (be it videos, pictures, music, etc...). All my movies are on a Gigabit NAS. For the moment, I've disabled the feature and everything is fine.

- In the music section list view, I would be nice to have the artist bio beside the artist picture (same goes for albums).

- While playing music, the 'Now Playing' window only seems to appear when in the main menu. Is this by design? Is there a way to make it always appear?

- Any way to get the small weather summary on the front menu top corner like in Mediastream?

It took me a while to find it, but is there a reason why 'Skin Settings" is hidden away and not in the 'Settings' section?

Overall, a great skin.

1) possible but not in the skin and to honest I really don't wanna
2) try the script I posted just above or go into skin settings and turn it off
3) no idea
4) Its on the side options menu deiscussed earlier in the thread
5) show make it smaller yourself Smile

- Feanor - 2009-07-03

Jezz_X Wrote:- In the music section list view, I would be nice to have the artist bio beside the artist picture (same goes for albums).

no idea
That's also what I was asking earlier, to have some more viewing options in the music section, specially some artist bio and album info, which are really cool and IMHO add to the overall look of the skin...
No idea means you didn't understand his request or that you don't care about it? Smile

- Jezz_X - 2009-07-03

understand Smile
But yeah Views types in general except the video library are in a state of flux and shall get refined and added to as I get to them. This is version 0.8.5 after all Smile
I just wanted to get it out to the public because currently its more than useable

- Feanor - 2009-07-03

Jezz_X Wrote:understand Smile
But yeah Views types in general except the video library are in a state of flux and shall get refined and added to as I get to them. This is version 0.8.5 after all Smile
I just wanted to get it out to the public because currently its more than useable
And thank you for that!
It's really an improvement, specially because MS hasn't seen and update for a long time now...
I'm sure that when it's done its going to be perfect Smile

autoresume patch - pilluli - 2009-07-03

Hi guys,

This seems to have been fixed in r21341, however, it does not ask for it but always resumes... maybe there is a way to do it from within the skin...

Later,

pilluli Wrote:I managed to create a little patch to include the autoresume funcionality in XBMC. It's a little bit messy and it always creates the context menu asking if the video should be resumed at the same position though. If any devs know how to get the current control coordinates from within the file "Application.cpp" then I can make it to behave a little better. In any case, code should not be duplicated but a common function (in Util.cpp Huh) should be done (but didn't know where to put it).

In any case, it works here, you can find the patch http://www.mediafire.com/?4itnnomzzm4.

It applies to current svn.

PS: I'm going to try to create a "being watched" panel. Let's see if I can manage to find myself in Jezz_X skin code Laugh

- Jezz_X - 2009-07-03

pilluli Wrote:PS: I'm going to try to create a "being watched" panel. Let's see if I can manage to find myself in Jezz_X skin code Laugh

My code is quite easy to read compared to the old mediastream and aeon I prefer to actually keep code in the windows and not put it all in 1 big include file making it super hard to read.

So shouldn't be too hard

- pilluli - 2009-07-03

Jezz_X Wrote:My code is quite easy to read compared to the old mediastream and aeon I prefer to actually keep code in the windows and not put it all in 1 big include file making it super hard to read.

So shouldn't be too hard

Thanks Jezz, I took a look and it really looks much better than the original mediastream. btw, do you think it will be possible to ask for the resume position (using the context dialog) within the skin and pass the result to the playmedia function?

- Aenima99x - 2009-07-03

Jezz_X Wrote:My code is quite easy to read compared to the old mediastream and aeon I prefer to actually keep code in the windows and not put it all in 1 big include file making it super hard to read.

So shouldn't be too hard

Being that I like to mod, I appreciate how you keep your code. It makes it much easier....so thanks! Wink
Already added the Movies/TV Shows links and made some changes. Big Grin

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m72/aenima99x/xbmc/Screenshot-2.png

- poserdonut - 2009-07-03

Mentioned this on IRC but I wouldn't mind if suspend was added to the shutdown window. As it stands now you can only choose exit xbmc, shutdown and reboot.

- Jezz_X - 2009-07-03

poserdonut Wrote:Mentioned this on IRC but I wouldn't mind if suspend was added to the shutdown window. As it stands now you can only choose exit xbmc, shutdown and reboot.

like I just mentioned go right from On/Off in home and you get the whole selection
It will even have logoff in there if you use profiles and turn on the login screen

- Louike - 2009-07-03

Jezz_X Wrote:like I just mentioned go right from On/Off in home and you get the whole selection
It will even have logoff in there if you use profiles and turn on the login screen

Could you post that shutdown wallpaper somewhere? i really like it!

Lou

- Jezz_X - 2009-07-03

Louike Wrote:Could you post that shutdown wallpaper somewhere? i really like it!

Lou
It as well as all the others are in the skins backgrounds folder as jpg so just download the skin and extract it