Kodi Community Forum
Surface - a new skin for XBMC in development - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Surface - a new skin for XBMC in development (/showthread.php?tid=54367)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- ronie - 2009-08-24

Argonaute Wrote:I am very disappointing that the remark of a former companion, who certainly hard to digest your departure, might question the availability for users your beautiful skin.

yeah cool, let's all start pointing fingers.

personally i don't see the point in developing two very similar skins,
but seeing there's 2057 mods available for aeon, i guess there's a huge market for tiny differences. ;-)

- natethomas - 2009-08-24

I won't cry about the decision to go elsewhere, but I do hope other skinners take note of the idea of using a base skin on the home page with what looked to be moving animation. I have no idea how that works, but it'd be neat to see it implemented in other skins.

- seedzero - 2009-08-24

natethomas Wrote:I won't cry about the decision to go elsewhere, but I do hope other skinners take note of the idea of using a base skin on the home page with what looked to be moving animation. I have no idea how that works, but it'd be neat to see it implemented in other skins.

There were lots of little touches that I loved based on the video, including that, which makes it disappointing to hear this won't be out soon. Look forward to this and the "other" project.

- Persi - 2009-08-24

Hi everyone, it's my first post here but I follow discussions since the first aeon project has been started.

In my opinion, it's the best look I've seen from aeon. You're other project seem looking great too, but I have a preference for your skin surface. I don't want to be rude with the xperience team, but I largely prefer the surface look.

Quote:personally i don't see the point in developing two very similar skins,

the limit is where you want to put it, in a sense you're transparency skin has similarities to aeon.

- seedzero - 2009-08-24

Persi Wrote:Hi everyone, it's my first post here but I follow discussions since the first aeon project has been started.

In my opinion, it's the best look I've seen from aeon. You're other project seem looking great too, but I have a preference for your skin surface. I don't want to be rude with the xperience team, but I largely prefer the surface look.

the limit is where you want to put it, in a sense you're transparency skin has similarities to aeon.

Neither skin has anything to do with Aeon whatsoever, Transparency is based on PMIII and this is a skin coded from scratch. Surface and Xperience are both modeled on the NXE, Aeon doesn't really enter into it.

- bidossessi - 2009-08-24

Quote:the limit is where you want to put it, in a sense you're transparency skin has similarities to aeon.
well, you could say all skins have one thing in common: XBMC.
To more serious issues: i think this skin really handles concurrent alerts well (which is a failure of the main skins i use). Real attention to detail makes a skin shine; that's why Aeon was so successful, that's why i believe this skin will get just as much success; once it's out.

- Qroach - 2009-08-24

I hope you do release this skin. I really don't like the added pressure team blackbolt has put on you. the idea for the skin was your originally, so you should get to do what you want with it.

- seedzero - 2009-08-24

Qroach Wrote:I hope you do release this skin. I really don't like the added pressure team blackbolt has put on you. the idea for the skin was your originally, so you should get to do what you want with it.

Was it? I thought XBMCG33K came up with some mockups? Or more accurately microsoft came up with the idea Laugh Anyway anyone is really free to do whatever they like as far as skinning goes, I don't think Team Blackbolt is trying to stop anyone. I think it was the reaction from all of us as a community (myself included) that made these guys put surface "on hold".

- minimalko - 2009-08-24

Guys, many thanks for the support but...

First it needs to be said that this has absolutely nothing to do with Team Blackbolt, nor was there ever any pressure from their side.

Lets not argue about who came with the idea first. Everyone following these forums must know that it was XBMCG33K who lighted up the idea of creating NXE skin. I myself wrote the very first lines of Xperience. People must also remember that back in those days, before phyek came in the game it looked pretty different.

The main reason for putting Surface on hold is not forum posters being mean, but the fact we have nicer and more consistent project to work on. Those who know some of phyek's work will trust this statement without any doubt.

I know it might seem evil to post the video and then back off. We just wanted to show what's possible and show people what we meant by "attention to details". From the reactions I feel we proved our point, now let's get back to work.

Anyone wanting NXE skin can still use Xperience and we might finish Surface one day too.

M.

- Persi - 2009-08-24

I'm sure your work will be fantastic. However I can not help thinking this is a big mess to leave all this wonderful work to score.

- minimalko - 2009-08-24

Persi Wrote:However I can not help thinking this is a big mess to leave all this wonderful work to score.

I wish you guys could imagine how much extra work would be involved to actually finish this..

- seedzero - 2009-08-24

minimalko Wrote:I wish you guys could imagine how much extra work would be involved to actually finish this..

I don't doubt that for a second. Completely understand and appreciate how much work is involved with these things. Doesn't stop me being disappointed though. Smile

- Hitcher - 2009-08-24

Are you going to let us in on how you created the blur effect?

- paul - 2009-08-25

I'm still hopeing they will have a change of heart and still keep working on this.
It would be a real shame to let all your talent go to wasteSad

- seedzero - 2009-08-25

paul Wrote:I'm still hopeing they will have a change of heart and still keep working on this.
It would be a real shame to let all your talent go to wasteSad

I agree but they did say that they'd probably come back to it. Nod