[TIP] HOW-TO download movie trailers and view them in XBMC - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements, Info, and General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [TIP] HOW-TO download movie trailers and view them in XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=54652)
[TIP] HOW-TO download movie trailers and view them in XBMC - Firesign3394 - 2009-07-15 00:09
1. Go to http://www.davestrailerpage.co.uk/
2. Find your movie
3. Download the trailer with the smallest size (so you are sure the XBOX can play it)
4. Save the video in the same folder as your movie.
5. Now rename your trailer to "movie-trailer"
For example: If the movie is Crash, you find movie "Crash", then name the trailer "Crash-trailer". You must put these files in the same folder.
Note: Do not include the quotation marks
6. Open up XBMC
7. Go into Movies
8. Find the movie you downloaded a trailer for
9. Click the White button on your controller
10. Click the movie information option
11. Click reload.
12. Now when you click movie information you have the option of watching the trailer
NOTE: If you are adding trailers for A LOT of movies, and don't want to reload each one, then do this:
1.Turn on the XBOX
2. Go to the file manager OR Go to your computer and gain FTP access
3. Go into the the Drive that has your XBMC data (Mine is Q) (It is the folder that has Credits, language, media, plugins, screensavers, scripts, skin, sounds, system, UserData, visualizations and the Web folder.
4. Click on the User Data Folder
5. Click the Database Folder (If you didn't use
NOTE. If you used the scraper built into XBMC to get your video's information, you will want to export your video library, so you don't have to download the information again. To do this:
6.1. Go to the Main Menu of XBMC
6.2. Go to Settings
6.3. Go To Video
6.4. Go To The Library Tab
6.5 Go Down To Export Video Library
6.6 Click It.
BACK TO THE GUIDE, CONTINUING FROM STEP 5
6. Delete the MyVideos34.db file (Yours may be named something else)
7. Go back to the Main Menu of your XBOX
8. Set Content for your video folders
9. Re Scan your media
10. Every video you added a trailer for is now visible when you click MOVIE INFORMATION!
Note: If you exported your video library, you can import it back now.
- Athena07 - 2009-07-19 12:08
Thanks for this thread, I was just wondering about this same topic.
I am a new member and still familiarizing myself with this forum.
- Firesign3394 - 2009-07-19 17:09
Athena07 Wrote:Thanks for this thread, I was just wondering about this same topic.
No problem! It took me a while to figure it out, and it got sort of frustrating. I didn't want other people to have to go through what I did, just for trailers.
- wstewart - 2009-07-19 17:45
Firesign3394 Wrote:6. Delete the MyVideos34.db file (Yours may be named something else)
Before you delete the database, you may want to export the video library first to avoid re-scrapping everything.
- Firesign3394 - 2009-07-19 19:02
wstewart Wrote:Before you delete the database, you may want to export the video library first to avoid re-scrapping everything.
Oh, good idea. I don't use the XBMC scaper. I use Media Info Plus, so I always have nfo files available to scrape.
I'll add your suggestion to the guide.
Thanks! But. - jplivingston - 2009-08-12 02:09
Thanks for the reply! Is there no automated way to do this like boxie? I have over 600 movies. And getting each individually would take forever. Any suggestions? Do I need to install a different scraper or something?
Got it all working. - jplivingston - 2009-08-13 04:45
I updated my scraper XML using the one on xbmc. Deleted my user database folder and rescanned. Trailers are now attached. Thanks all!!!
- handsomepete - 2009-08-13 12:39
hey jplivingston can you explain what you did to get the trailers working?
- nicoli_k - 2009-08-13 16:01
try updating your scraper to one from here
If you use imdb, then right click imdb.xml and save it. Then copy it to your XBMC installation. It is located in
Then try scanning again.
- r1ctus - 2009-08-14 02:09
is it possible to somehow add only the URL of a trailer on youtube to the nfo, then stream the trailer? i tried adding '<trailer>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDiUG52ZyHQ</trailer>' to the nfo, the trailer button was shown in XBMC, but when I clicked it, nothing happened.