[WINDOWS] HOW-TO integrate HuluDesktop (for Hulu) with XBMC using the Launcher Plugin - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements, Info, and General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO integrate HuluDesktop (for Hulu) with XBMC using the Launcher Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=54667)
Pages: 1 2
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO integrate HuluDesktop (for Hulu) with XBMC using the Launcher Plugin - zachmorris - 2009-07-15 04:32
Using the new HuluDesktop and the Launcher plugin, you can create a pretty seamless connection between XBMC and Hulu.
Here's how I did it:
1) Download and install HuluDesktop
2) Download the launcher plugin here
3) I renamed the Launcher Plugin folder to Hulu Launcher and placed it here:
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\XBMC\plugins\video
4) I opened the default.py in the Hulu Launcher folder and edited the title to read "Hulu Launcher". The main reason I did this is to get the plugin to show up under video plugins and to seperate it from my Launcher for other applications.
5) You can then go to video plugins and find the Hulu Launcher in XBMC. I added a launcher that linked to HuluDesktop. The launchers.xml file in my
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\plugin_data\programs\Hulu Launcher folder looks like this:
6) Finally, I setup my Remote with EventGhost. Using Eventghost you can then setup conditional remote buttons depending on if XBMC is activated or HuluDesktop is. You can also setup a button to close HuluDesktop and switch back to XBMC so the transition between the two is nice and smooth. My settings for eventghost are pasted here
The end result is pretty nice:
Favorites Link to Hulu
HuluDesktop Starting Up
- uncertainty - 2009-07-15 20:22
Does XBMC minimize when Hulu launches? For some reason on my win7 HTPC my XBMC will minimize and then immediately maximize when Hulu launches. This then causes my cpu load to go to around 50% and thus HULU stutters. I'm trying to find a way to keep XBMC minimized when Hulu is running.
- zachmorris - 2009-07-15 21:24
With launcher I think XBMC is just in the background rather than minimized. With Eventghost however I think it's possible to define an action to Quit or Minimize XBMC when HuluDesktop is activated, and then Maximize / Start it again after you close HuluDesktop.
Try changing the wait to true - avnishb - 2009-07-15 22:59
- xboxkid - 2009-07-16 13:40
zachmorris Wrote:With launcher I think XBMC is just in the background rather than minimized. With Eventghost however I think it's possible to define an action to Quit or Minimize XBMC when HuluDesktop is activated, and then Maximize / Start it again after you close HuluDesktop.
Anyone knows how to do this...It works however XBMC is focused and Hulu is playing in background..Could not figure out how to minimize XBMC when HuluDesktop is activated using Eventghost:confused2:
Update: Changed wait state to true..still no love..
- uncertainty - 2009-07-16 23:29
xboxkid Wrote:Anyone knows how to do this...It works however XBMC is focused and Hulu is playing in background..Could not figure out how to minimize XBMC when HuluDesktop is activated using Eventghost:confused2:
I have the same issue as you...Hopefully someone can shed some light on how to resolve this.
- zachmorris - 2009-07-17 02:02
I don't seem to have the same issue using WinXP... But:
With EventGhost, when HuluDesktop is activated, you can add an action to Quit XBMC like this:
When HuluDesktop is closed, you can add an action to Start XBMC like this:
- kricker - 2009-07-17 05:41
Yes. If you are opening the Hulu desktop with EG, then XBMC launches EG. EG launches HULU and XBMC thinks EG is done then re-maximizes itself. Even with wait set to true. I have been battling this issue with XBMC for a long time. Best bet is to launch Hulu Desktop directly from XBMC. If XBMC is still popping up in front of Hulu Desktop, then you will have to do something like posted above. Have EG quit XBMC or minimize XBMC then re-open or maximize XBMC after Hulu Desktop closes.
I hope once more work is done on the games library branch, XBMC's launching of other apps will get smoothed out.
- xboxkid - 2009-07-17 12:36
Thanx Zachmorris for the mapping outline...made it easy to set-up and learn...I got it to show Hulu focused with remote control...however, when I exit, it shuts down Hulu and does not restart XBMC...:confused2:
Do I exit from the Hulu menu...(did not work) or do I hold down the 0 button on my remote for 3 secs..(I'm gathering from the close hulu section of the map that is what I am suppose to do----does not work for me)
Any further assistance would be helpful...By the way, this is on Vista sp2 with MCE Remote (with 4 color buttons on bottom)
Update: Figured it out...didn't realize that buttons were configured for xbox remote...
- CiXel - 2009-08-01 15:30
I never shut down XBMC. This makes for quick switches.
When HD is launched I tell EventGhost to find the Huludesktop.exe window, bring it to the front, and maximize, and then on close I tell EG to close HD, find window XMBC.exe, and bring it to the front.