Kodi Community Forum
Linux HOW-TO install XBMC for Linux on Asrock ION 330 with full Ubuntu Desktop - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Linux HOW-TO install XBMC for Linux on Asrock ION 330 with full Ubuntu Desktop (/showthread.php?tid=54705)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- KOROR - 2009-10-06

How do I "show" hidden folders?

On a side remark, how do you guys play DVD and BluRay discs, what software are you using?

- forumache - 2009-10-06

KOROR Wrote:How do I "show" hidden folders?

On a side remark, how do you guys play DVD and BluRay discs, what software are you using?

Press Ctrl-H in Nautilus File Manager
DVD with XBMC
BluRay on PS3 (I have the ION 330 DVD version)

- vikjon0 - 2009-10-06

Quote:Thanks for your help and patience vikjon, could you explain what you mean by:

Quote:
(and the other fixes in the screen section)

how do I check this, can you copy/paste what I need to look for?

The other fixes I mean is:
Quote:ENABLE 1080p 24Hz (screen section)
sudo sed -i '50i\ Option "DynamicTwinView" "False"' /etc/X11/xorg.conf
sudo sed -i '50i\ Option "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native" /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Make sure it ended up in the correct sections (I am not sure that this sed stuff is working):
sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Update - pecke01 - 2009-10-06

I followed this guide and it worked great. Yeasterday I updated Ubuntu and now the picture is very choppy and movies play really bad.

Anyone else had this problem? And if so is there a solution... :confused2:

- vikjon0 - 2009-10-06

Try re-installing NVIDIA.

- pecke01 - 2009-10-06

vikjon0 Wrote:Try re-installing NVIDIA.
Gonna try it! Will report back here after testing.

- KOROR - 2009-10-07

all the other fixes ended up the correctly, any other ideas as to what might be wrong?

- vikjon0 - 2009-10-07

Quote:all the other fixes ended up the correctly, any other ideas as to what might be wrong?
With curser? No, not unless you have an unstable version of xbmc. The current development is still shaky.

- KOROR - 2009-10-07

Yes with cursor, ok thank you, I installed XBMC (svn) following you guide a few days ago, so perhaps it could be an unstable version, how does one go about updating work with Ubuntu?

- vikjon0 - 2009-10-07

Quote:Yes with cursor, ok thank you, I installed XBMC (svn) following you guide a few days ago, so perhaps it could be an unstable version, how does one go about updating work with Ubuntu?

It will be fixed sooner or later and if you do
sudo update
sudo upgrade

everything in the system (correctly installed) will be updated.
I have not tested to downgrade to specific version since I have no problem. Just stopped updating.

- Mshake - 2009-10-08

hi there, can you help with a linux generic question?

I have followed the guide, installed the nvidia drivers and all and I know there is something called xorg.conf or something.

I need to edit this according to google searches to fix overscan on silly HDTV.

Anyone care to tell me where the heck is this file in linux or what i need to do?

All instructions on the web seem to be pointing that 'need to edit xorg.conf, etc' but does not really say where is the file and what to edit.....

- G10CHY - 2009-10-08

Mshake Wrote:hi there, can you help with a linux generic question?

I have followed the guide, installed the nvidia drivers and all and I know there is something called xorg.conf or something.

I need to edit this according to google searches to fix overscan on silly HDTV.

Anyone care to tell me where the heck is this file in linux or what i need to do?

All instructions on the web seem to be pointing that 'need to edit xorg.conf, etc' but does not really say where is the file and what to edit.....

/etc/X11/xorg.conf

- Mshake - 2009-10-09

thanks! was pretty tired yesterday but am slightly better today, and noticed a tutorial on xbmc and xorg hehe sorry guys for the posting.

Reading on that one now Smile

- G10CHY - 2009-10-09

Quick question guys.

My system now boots straight into XBMC. How do i get back to the GNOME desktop?

- vikjon0 - 2009-10-10

Since you are posting in Several threads this will probably not work for you.
If you by a remote chance have followed my guide you should exit xbmc select the gnome session and login again.
(This is already asked and answered in this thread)