Kodi Community Forum
Linux HOW-TO install XBMC for Linux on Asrock ION 330 with full Ubuntu Desktop - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Linux HOW-TO install XBMC for Linux on Asrock ION 330 with full Ubuntu Desktop (/showthread.php?tid=54705)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- zwat - 2009-11-06

so do u need to go w7 or does this work on xp. seems u need to overclock and that u don't need on ubuntu, also do it play 1080p fine? think i'll convert from xp to ubuntu before converting to w7 Tongue

- Scott R - 2009-11-06

You should be fine with XP. I've got the single-core Acer Revo w/1GB of RAM and I'm running XP w/XBMC for Windows and launching MPC-HC as an external player. Plays 1080p just fine. No overclocking necessary (not sure if that's even possible).

CPU/GPU temps monitoring FIXED showing on XBMC info. - X3lectric - 2009-11-15

I like this topic instead of sorta hijacking it I posted this hope it helps and encourages some more asrock 330 specific stuffs

My Asrock 330 ION * Tweaks, Tips, fixes & tricks!! *

Hope it helps enjoy.

- vikjon0 - 2009-11-16

Please note that this guide is not updated for kamric nor the 9.11 alpha.

- KOROR - 2009-11-17

i've got my dualboot up and running, i just have 2 things that needs fixing.

i hope somone here can help me :-)

During playback XBMC "exits" from fullscreen to windowed mode, i think this is due to some sort of powersaving mode, I tried changing the settings in Ubuntu without this changing anything, does anyone here have a solution?

Also some of my movies does not play sound, while others do:

These play sound:
Madagascar.Escape.2.Africa.720p.Bluray.x264-SEPTiC
Felon.2008.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS

These do not play sound:
The.Taking.of.Pelham.123.720p.BluRay.x264-HUBRIS
Public.Enemies.720p.BluRay.x264-METiS
The.Brothers.Bloom.LIMITED.720p.Bluray.x264-CBGB

the files do play sound on XBMC on my other computer, just not on XBMC on my Asrock, any idea as to what might be wrong?

- KOROR - 2009-11-22

I found out that the movies which doesn't play sounds are DTS, the ones that do play sounds is AC3, is there any way of fixing this?

Re-install issues - joedeal - 2009-11-24

Hello, I recently had to reinstall my system because of some weird playback issues....during my initial install I followed your excellent guide for a XBMC\full ubuntu install. When I try to re-install wirth your guide now I run into issues I assume because things have changed recently...I keep getting prompted for Dependancies relating to 9.11 beta....but I want the 9.04 (SVN) version...

Is there any way to install the last known working SVN for Jaunty? Thanks!

- vikjon0 - 2009-11-29

Quote:Hello, I recently had to reinstall my system because of some weird playback issues....during my initial install I followed your excellent guide for a XBMC\full ubuntu install. When I try to re-install wirth your guide now I run into issues I assume because things have changed recently...I keep getting prompted for Dependancies relating to 9.11 beta....but I want the 9.04 (SVN) version...Hello, I recently had to reinstall my system because of some weird playback issues....during my initial install I followed your excellent guide for a XBMC\full ubuntu install. When I try to re-install wirth your guide now I run into issues I assume because things have changed recently...I keep getting prompted for Dependancies relating to 9.11 beta....but I want the 9.04 (SVN) version...

I think you need to need another PPA now. They have created one called prev-stable. Check the PPA sticky in the linux forum.

- carsten - 2010-01-11

Hi everybody,

thanks to this and some other wonderfull treats I managed to build a nice POV-330 based XBMC system. One question remains:

When I go to S3 and resume, connection to the SAMBA share are not working and will produce a "connection to server lost" message, which I can ignore and try again, where it works. This is not happening, when I mount the SAMBA shares on OS level.

Any ideas?

BR,
Carsten.

- vikjon0 - 2010-03-21

I have made some testing on Karmic and updated text for this and xbmc 9.11. Biggest difference is the policy settings.

- stokedfish - 2010-03-22

Has anyone tested this with Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx Beta 1 already?

- vikjon0 - 2010-03-22

Quote:Has anyone tested this with Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx Beta 1 already?

It didnt even boot in vmware so I decided to wait a while.

- vikjon0 - 2010-04-09

There is a bug in karmic network-manager. When mking connection available for all users this just causes the connection to disappear
Workaround:
set "managed=true" in [ifupdown] section in /etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf

- vikjon0 - 2010-04-09

Quote:Has anyone tested this with Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx Beta 1 already?
It is working but shutdown etc is not working since decicekit etc is re-written in 10.04.

- dbldown768 - 2010-04-20

I am having no luck getting VDPAU running. I did the apt-add-repository ppa:nvidia-vdpau/ppa for my Ubuntu Karmic (9.10) install. Then I did installed the 185-glx version. In the xbmc log it complains that it is unable to get handle to libvdpau