Kodi Community Forum
IPTV (Internet Protocol TeleVision) support in XBMC? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: IPTV (Internet Protocol TeleVision) support in XBMC? (/showthread.php?tid=54722)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

IPTV (Internet Protocol TeleVision) support in XBMC? - StevenSeagull - 2009-07-15

Hello XBMC community.
I've been searching on topic but found nothing i can use to be able to watch my IPTV provider channels through xbmc. I can play the content using VLC player and a playlist which contains several ip adresses and the port to connect to he multicast stream. Is there a possibility to use XBMC as the set top box replacement?
Thanks.

- prae5 - 2009-07-18

Create a strm file with the udp multicast group and port udp://@239.100.200.100:1234

that should work

- StevenSeagull - 2009-08-05

I understand what youre trying to say but i can't find the option to create a strm file. Can you be a little more specific on how to?
Thanks for your time.

- StevenSeagull - 2009-08-05

Nevermind, i figured it out. Smile Works, and thanks a lot.

- JubJub - 2009-08-05

I think the TVheadend-solution would work as well, it supports IP-tv, havent tried it yet though, will next week Smile

- Bytefire - 2009-08-10

hello, i'm using IPTV at home and it works fine but one thing annoys me:

It buffers/caches so much Confused

how can i turn the cache function off? because when i view IPTV with the VLC-Player, the switching from one channel to another needs about 1 second, under XBMC 4 seconds.

- StevenSeagull - 2009-08-11

JubJub Wrote:I think the TVheadend-solution would work as well, it supports IP-tv, havent tried it yet though, will next week Smile

Can you be a little more specific? I cant find anything searching for TVheadend.

[WINDOWS] IPTV Playback Failure - Bytefire - 2009-09-04

hey,

I'm compiling XBMC in Visual Studio Express 2008 under Windows XP SP2, Windows Firewall OFF
I work with the latest SVN (04.09.2009 14:45).
Compiling and Debugging works fine =)

Even the dvdplayer works on movie files (.avi) normal.

BUT!!! when i try to play an IPTV Stream (f.e. udp://@224.1.1.10:31000 ) in an .m3u file or an .strm File it just wont work Eek
The IPTV Stream works defenitely (tested with VLC Player)

When i download XBMC compiled from xbmc.org the IPTV playback works!!!

Error.log on pastebin.ubuntu.com

One Error line says that it cant be played because of "CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file udp://@224.1.1.13:30130"
someone got an idea how to fix that?

By the way: I'm trying to fix the problem why the switching from one channel to another needs so long with IPTV

greetings, philipp

- spiff - 2009-09-04

don't cut logs. and in particular don'tt spam the forums with inline logs.

- Bytefire - 2009-09-04

ok, but how else should i post a log-file?

- spiff - 2009-09-04

pastebin.ubuntu.com for instance

- Bytefire - 2009-09-04

ok, thanks spiff
i replaced it in the start-post

- spiff - 2009-09-04

Code:
<playercorefactory>
   <rules name="user defined">
    <rule name="udp" protocol="udp" player="DVDPlayer"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

try stuffing this in your userdata and name it playercorefactory.xml

- Bytefire - 2009-09-04

thanks, but i'm afraid it didn't work
i stuffed it in XBMC-SVN-Directory/userdata/playercorefactory.xml

but xbmc found another way to drive me nuts, there is no error.log anymore Rolleyes (even when i start without the playercorefactory.xml)

- spiff - 2009-09-04

unless you're running with -p it's storing things in docs&settings, not the svn dir (including logs and userdata)