Kodi Community Forum
Is there a stand-alone media manager software application for music that suits XBMC? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Is there a stand-alone media manager software application for music that suits XBMC? (/showthread.php?tid=54900)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

- NotShorty - 2010-08-19

TugboatBill Wrote:One would think that with all of the Movie/TV scrapers we have for XBMC, someone would address the total lack of a music scraper.

I guess the coders for XBMC just don't have large music collections. Sad

Huh Allmusic.com is the default scraper, Last.fm and several others are also options. Am I missing something?

- TugboatBill - 2010-08-19

Sorry, I meant music manager.

- gkornato - 2010-08-19

+1 for mediamonkey to update tags. It even supports amazon.ca which is great for Canadian only content. Then foobar to set the replaygain. I find it has a better batch mode than mediamonkey (eg. it can set album levels using directory structure or album tags).

- gkornato - 2010-08-19

off topic a little - anyone know of a tool to scrape song ratings? I would love something which would set my ratings initially based off of last.fm popularity or something similar.

- d'Wooluf - 2010-08-20

pulpfiction Wrote:I understand, why the fanart could be missing, but the wrong artist photo drives me crazy (all of them set to Johnny Cash, so thats at least better then Britney Spears )

That happens to me. I think it's something that happens when you export your library and re-import it. If you look at the folder at the base of your music folder hierarchy, you might find a picture of Johnny Cash.

- pulpfiction - 2010-08-20

d'Wooluf Wrote:That happens to me. I think it's something that happens when you export your library and re-import it. If you look at the folder at the base of your music folder hierarchy, you might find a picture of Johnny Cash.

I think I found it, it has something to do with artists on compilations and artists performing on other artists albums. Whenever thats true, the picture is wrong. Now I have to look for a solution for that.

- AnalogKid - 2010-08-20

pulpfiction Wrote:I think I found it, it has something to do with artists on compilations and artists performing on other artists albums. Whenever thats true, the picture is wrong. Now I have to look for a solution for that.

I discovered a questionable glitch in this area some time ago...

It seems that if you have compilation albums and regularly sorted albums side by side (as most of us do), then...

IF you scan your entire collection in the library, XBMC usually finds the correct artist image except when it discovers a compilation album with 'Sting' as an artist BEFORE it's found any normal albums by Sting. In this situation it goes and uses some lousy scraped image and not your local Sting one.
The ONLY solution I've found to this is....

a) Take out all your compilation albums
b) Scan your library
c) Add your compilation albums
d) Rescan your library

This was, XBMC is forced into using the correct artist images first, then adding the compilations afterwards.

- steve1977 - 2010-08-21

I am also looking for some option to help me get proper fanart (fanart.jpg) and artist artwork (folder.jpg) for each of the artists in my collection. I have proper tags and and XBMC reads the tags well (artist, album, title).

So, I am not looking for a tag editor, but some other manager that helps me download fanart and artist artwork and puts them in the right folder.

I am interested in any solution you can think of. Paid or free is ok. Thanks!

- Roborob - 2010-08-21

steve1977 Wrote:I am also looking for some option to help me get proper fanart (fanart.jpg) and artist artwork (folder.jpg) for each of the artists in my collection. I have proper tags and and XBMC reads the tags well (artist, album, title).

So, I am not looking for a tag editor, but some other manager that helps me download fanart and artist artwork and puts them in the right folder.

I am interested in any solution you can think of. Paid or free is ok. Thanks!

Just made a ticket for downloading additional info while playing like in meedios.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9911

- steve1977 - 2010-08-21

Roborob Wrote:Just made a ticket for downloading additional info while playing like in meedios.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9911

Thanks. Would very much prefer to do this outside XBMC though. Is there really no manager software at all that can accomplish this?

- Roborob - 2010-08-21

I'm looking for one a long time, i Hope Ember Media Manager is gioing to add support for music in a while

- d'Wooluf - 2010-08-22

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for but this is a good app for downloading album art.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/

If you're looking for an album cover for SomeAlbum by SomeArtist, you usually get lots of images of SomeArtist along with the album cover. Save the images with any name you like.

- Orbi - 2010-08-24

yeroash Wrote:Firstly I use PicardTagger to identify most of my tracks; even ones with no tag at all (works using PUID of track) - Helps to fix incorrectly tagged tracks

Then I use MediaMonkey to sort them into folders. There are a few good addons/scripts to help you further available on their site. Some I use -
Batch Art Finder
Magic Nodes
Personal Tag Enhancer
Genre Finder
Lyricator
MediaMonkey is also able to find duplicates etc.

Hope that helps Smile

I'd like to add that the MusicIP Tagger script in MediaMonkey analyses the PUID and accordingly tags your songs. You can queue all your songs but I'd do 500-1000 at the same time maximum.

Next is to analyse your database on inconsistencies using Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix. This is a script that exploits the power of the MySql database of MM. It provides you with 300 presets to fix all what is incorrect with your tags. It will analyse all your songs at once and apply a uniform format to all.

For the album art, use the Batch Art Finder script.

And lastly, use the auto-organize and monitor feature of MM to keep your music organized on the folder level.

The power of MM is that you can define exactly how you want your music to be organised. You might have to look for a solution or ask a question in the very helpful forum they have, but you will not find yourself limited by this tool.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

- xefil - 2010-08-24

Is there a way to identify music and tagging it correctly like Shazam or Midomi?
It listen to the track and give you informations back. If there is something similar that would tag the files too, would be great.
Does PicardTagger this?

Thank's a lot!

Simon

- xefil - 2010-08-25

I answer myself, PicardTagger is really great. In conjunction to Tag&Rename the best solution I've never used to organize all my music files.

;-)