Kodi Community Forum
Win HOW-TO setup iMon specific remotes and software with example Moncaso Remote - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Win HOW-TO setup iMon specific remotes and software with example Moncaso Remote (/showthread.php?tid=55060)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- bananaman - 2009-11-02

yes it seems to work.

The keymap settings i mentioned opens up the video+music sections, not directly into movietitles.

Also managed to map the program exit button so that brings up xbmc shutdown menu.

Got the imon 2,4g dt cheap so happy that it works in win 7 64bit. And that it works in xbmc is a big +

- mccorkled - 2009-11-02

adding this...

<y>xbmc.activatewindow(videolibrary,movietitles) </y>

to your keymap will open up your movie library.

- Robmoo - 2009-12-12

I've been using a MCE receiver with my Logitech Harmony remote set to work as a MCE remote. I recently bought an Antec Multimedia Station Basic because it supports turning the computer on my remote. This tutorial is going to be a big help in setting up my new IR receiver with my Harmony remote.

Will this .imo file work with a MCE remote or a Harmony remote functioning as such? I tried using my Harmony as an iMon remote and wasn't very happy.

- mccorkled - 2009-12-15

I cant say for sure. I think you will have to use even ghost which is another ball game. There is a thread for it in the remote section. GOOD LUCK!

Link Dead - Ranger Rob - 2010-11-19

Just got a Mocaso Case and would like to set up the remote. The link to the .IMO file in the OP is dead though...anyone have this file available?

- atat71 - 2011-01-24

Ranger Rob Wrote:Just got a Mocaso Case and would like to set up the remote. The link to the .IMO file in the OP is dead though...anyone have this file available?

You can find it on Page 4 of this thread (or see below).

Dracule Wrote:Thanks for your effort but I'm sorry to say that I didn't get that link to work either.

Yesterday I actually found another post in a thread in this great forum with a link to a keymap.xml and an .imo file. I tried those out and so far it's been working great so I'm quite happy right now. Big Grin

I thought I'd might as well report back about the file, in case someone else comes looking for it here.

The post with the file link is here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=400610&postcount=33

(The only thing I had to do was replacing <space>Pause</space> with <space>Play</space> in keymap.xml in order to keep XBMC from crashing when pausing a movie. But that's another story..)

Thanks goes out to PepXri for supplying the files and of course to the developers of this excellent application!

/Dracule

- quickbluehorse - 2011-05-13

Reading this whole thread, I see quite a few people have difficulties understanding how the components work together. Maybe it would be good to add some general explanations in big letters to the first how-to guide, as to how XBMC and IMON work together. Let me try something, and feel free to use it and add it to the how-to.

I know that info is also in the how-to, but obviously people don´t always find their way to the correct spot immediately.

-------------------------------------------------------
HOW KEYS CONTROL XBMC FROM AN IMON PAD (REMOTE)
-------------------------------------------------------

XBMC gets the information which keypress of a keyboard does what out of a system file. It is named keyboard.xml

That file is shipped with the normal installation of XBMC and can be located in a subfolder of the installation directory of XBMC. It is interesting and recommended to open this file in a text editor and look it over. It becomes clear WHY xbmc reacts to key presses in a certain way. It s all written up in that file.

It is not recommended or necessary to alter anything in that file. If one wants to change the way XBMC reacts to certain keys, or add new functions ... there should be placed a second keyboard.xml in a subdirectory that is only for the user of the computer, or all users. This second, personal keyboard.xml can be created from scratch. It is explained in the WIKI. Or one takes one of the files offered in that thread, and edits it. The second file OVERRIDES any definition in the SYSTEM file mentioned above.

If pressing "m" mutes the sound in the system file, and I define it now as "go to the photo folder" then the second definition becomes valid and operative.

Now one can configure XBMC to be controlled by keypresses in any way one wants.

Our keyboard in fact is a remote from IMON. This remote emulates keyboard keypresses and sents them to the computer. The definitions of which key or combinations of keys is sent is done in the IMON manager. There is a special section for each program that IMON controls. Go to the section for XBMC or load XBMC it it was not alread there. Any command listed can be edited. New commands can be added. So now I can teach IMON to send a simple "m" when I press the "RECORD" button - WHATEVER. Just try to reprogram the RECORD button of the Remote as a test, to send this "m".

What "m" does depends on the definition in the keyboard.xml file. That´s all, folks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- quickbluehorse - 2011-05-13

I, too, am looking for answers...

Anyone of the XBMC cracks??

I search for the format of the command that directs the output of XBMC to a specific monitor - in a multi-monitor setting.

XBMC knows about the monitor settings. In SYSTEM SETTINGS - VIDEO HARDWARE it is possible to select how and where XBMC should start up as a default. In my two-monitor setting I have three options.

1. Windowed Mode
2. Display#1 (TV)
3. Display#2 (touchscreen)

Is there a command available, that I could tie to a keypress, that directly selects DISPLAY#1 or #2 without going through the SYSTEM SETTINGS WINDOW?

I´d very much appreciate any help.

- ToXIc69 - 2012-01-12

sorry to bring this back from the dead.. but the link for the .imo file isnt working does anyone have a working .imo file i can import and get my remote fully working?

i'm not really sure how to use the keyboard.xml file

- voyagerxp - 2012-02-18

I've just started to setup a htpc with a antec fusion remote HTPC Case with iMON and a Versis RM200 control but i'm unsure on how to program the buttons to work in xbmc. Buttons for app exit, up, down, left, right, enter, volume up, down, esc and eject but not much else.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup iMon specific remotes and software with example Moncaso Remote - legallyhomeless - 2012-08-02

I just set my up and it was cake. Follow the instruction in the download I provided.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nuadywb7j0dw7ws

I just realized that in the .imo file the volume up button does not work. Just change that setting in the .imo file to "shift (plus) ="

the keyboard.xml is right just the .imo needs that one small edit.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup iMon specific remotes and software with example Moncaso Remote - union1mc - 2013-01-02

(2012-08-02, 01:11)legallyhomeless Wrote: I just set my up and it was cake. Follow the instruction in the download I provided.

I just realized that in the .imo file the volume up button does not work. Just change that setting in the .imo file to "shift (plus) ="

Thanks for the zip, worked perfectly! I removed both vol+ and vol- from the imo file, as it wasn't changing the system volume, but rather the software preamp (not sure if that's the correct term). I also added "AudioNextLanguage" to the audio button. Again, thanks for this, you saved me a ton of time.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup iMon specific remotes and software with example Moncaso Remote - ibramadhan - 2013-01-08

(2013-01-02, 14:28)union1mc Wrote:
(2012-08-02, 01:11)legallyhomeless Wrote: I just set my up and it was cake. Follow the instruction in the download I provided.

Thanks for the zip, worked perfectly! I removed both vol+ and vol- from the imo file, as it wasn't changing the system volume, but rather the software preamp (not sure if that's the correct term). I also added "AudioNextLanguage" to the audio button. Again, thanks for this, you saved me a ton of time.

hey could i get a copy of your key map with AudioNextLanguage please

RE: HOW-TO setup iMon specific remotes and software with example Moncaso Remote - giulianoprs - 2019-10-06

With kodi 17.6 all ok with iMON, but with the new Leila 18.4 the iMON remote does not work for me, does the remote control work with Leila?