Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] XBMC Setup Script - Automatic installation of XBMC for Linux - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [LINUX] XBMC Setup Script - Automatic installation of XBMC for Linux (/showthread.php?tid=55282)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- prupert - 2009-11-30

Coolio, I will try it out and see if it works.

Thanks Wink

- kizer - 2009-11-30

No problem, the more I learn the more I can share. Of course I don't know much since I've never used the Linux side of xbmc before. What I did use in the past was pure console and it was a bunch of builing and compiling of source none of this sudo get stuff. Wink

- Txori82 - 2009-12-01

Hi

biptn's new script works perfectly in my Zotac ION 330 with Ubuntu 9.10 minimal

I only change the nvidia to 190

##--[ INSTALL GENERIC NVIDIA GRAPHIC DRIVERS ]---------------------------------------------------------------

apt-get install linux-headers-generic nvidia-glx-190 -y

Thanks for the work!

- XBMCBert - 2009-12-01

Worked as easy as 123!

Thanks an awesome lot! Shocked

One thing: USB-Devices and DVD aren't mounted automatically...

Doesn't XBMC start as "--standalone"?
Or could the automounting be activated in Ubuntu, so that it works in XBMC?

- prupert - 2009-12-05

Out of interest, if XBMC crashes under this setup, or I killall XBMC when a plugin/script fails, what do I need to do to restart XBMC without restarting the whole box?

I notice autostart.sh is used to start XBMC the first time, should I just ssh into the box and run autostart.sh again, or will I get errors with X??

- biptn - 2009-12-07

If you used the script that I updated you will have a file "/usr/local/bin/xbmc-session"
the contents of that file need to be changed from:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
until xbmc --standalone; do
echo "uh oh xbmc crashed with code $?... restarting it" >$2
sleep 5
done

to:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

trap "xbmc" SIGINT SIGHUP EXIT SIGTERM QUIT SIGSEGV

while true
do
  xbmc
  sleep 3
done

That way if it's killed or segfaults, it will start right back up automatically, I will change that back on the script for anyone that hasn't run it yet.

- prupert - 2009-12-07

Cool, I'll do that then.

I eventually plan to run Boxee on this box as well, when they finally get round to releasing a version for Karmic (they are launching a new Beta today - hopefully it will have support for Karmic).

I guess I'll use the Launcher program for XBMC to get it running, unless I can work out a script that lirc will launch based on a particular button that will kill XBMC and launch Boxee.

- biptn - 2009-12-08

i've been using the Launcher plugin coupled with the x.game installer script someone wrote, the xgame script launches a whole new openbox and app. I made a little script to kill the session and return to xbmc when I'm done running whatever it is I'm running. I may incorporate a few more of these features in the next script.

- prupert - 2009-12-08

Cool, I'd love to see that script when you have a chance Wink

- Txori82 - 2009-12-08

Hi

Why now the mediacenter doesn't shut down when I press it's power button? The power button doesn't do anything...

Thanks

- Gooner14 - 2009-12-08

Txori82 Wrote:Hi

Why now the mediacenter doesn't shut down when I press it's power button? The power button doesn't do anything...

Thanks

Need to add the following I believe

Code:
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.suspend
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.hibernate
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot-multiple-sessions
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown-multiple-sessions

- Txori82 - 2009-12-11

Gooner14 Wrote:Need to add the following I believe

Code:
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.suspend
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.hibernate
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot-multiple-sessions
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown-multiple-sessions

Thanks! it works!

- Txori82 - 2009-12-12

Today I'll try to reinstall all again, But I Don't know why but It doesn't work.

When all is finished and I restart the sistem, a versy amll grey squeare appears and say that XBMC need OpenGL to run...

What appen? I'm using the same script I used at the other day...

- Txori82 - 2009-12-12

I can't understand, I'm traying with the same script that the other day works, http://pastebin.com/f58f972bb, and today it's impossible, always when the mediacenter starts it give me an error about OpenGL, it says that my drivers are wrong, and XBMC needs OpenGL.

What happen? why the other days it works fine an today notHuh

Please I need help.

Thanks

- prupert - 2009-12-12

A new Beta of XBMC was released recently (last few days), it is possible that the drivers the script downloads is older than the ones that are available and that XBMC expects.

Or it could be a bug with the most recent XBMC build....