Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] XBMC Setup Script - Automatic installation of XBMC for Linux - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [LINUX] XBMC Setup Script - Automatic installation of XBMC for Linux (/showthread.php?tid=55282)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- flxfxp - 2009-09-11

Hey cyberpark,
I hope you don't mind, but I incorporated some of your code in my new linux setup script: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=400583
Let me know if you have a problem with this.Smile

Dennis

- vikjon0 - 2009-09-11

Quote:but for the novice user, this script is unacceptable
Come on. Why not just stop using the script?

The script is just a collection of commands that you need to run in order to install xbmcbuntu anyway. The only minor problem is that that another user than xbmc should have been used to run the script.

The fact that people do not understand that minimal cd is not the same as ubuntu desktop cd has nothing to do with the script.
Neither have:
Quote:sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install xbmc

How do you think the result from the update would be different if you installed it manually?
Have you not noticed the people thanking him for the script?

- kalojero - 2009-09-13

I'm having the same problem of pko66 with the update to last svn., the xbmc starts and fail and enter in a infinite loop. I've tried with this script and the other of flxfxp with same results, what is happening??

- vikjon0 - 2009-09-14

Quote:what is happening??
The project seem to be in an unstable phase. Check homepage.
The trick seem to be finding a working version and stick to it or go back to stable PPA.

- phrehdd - 2009-09-20

I think this is great. By any chance is there the possibility for a Mac Mini script?

Thanks

- Phrehdd

- flxfxp - 2009-09-21

Why? you can use the dmg's that are prebuilt. Plus Mac OS X is ready for use...

- User 54031 - 2009-09-22

Hi

I have a problem with the script. I got me a AsRock ION330, installed Minimal Ubuntu and wanted to run your XBMC install script, but I've been running everytime into the same error, which terminates the installation. It looks like the installation of a certain skin causes an authentication error...

I've attached a picture, so you can have a look for yourself. The error occurs a couple seconds after the setup of the Alsa Mixer.

Could anybody help me getting this fixed? Or which lines of the script do I have to comment out, so it doesn't install the skins (should fix the problem, no?)?

- vikjon0 - 2009-09-23

Quote:I have a problem with the script. I got me a AsRock ION330

The problem is that the keys have not been added and there is a warning when the script tries to install the xbmc components.

Maybe the key server was down. Start from the beginning or try run the commands manually.

- Txori82 - 2009-10-01

Hi!

cyberpark! you are my best friend! would you like to be my childrens father? xD

It's incredible how easy works all using your script. I'm new in Linux and I test a lot of methods but only this works perfectly!

I've got a Zotac ION Itx A (330) and everything works great (except HDMI sound, but I don't use it because my Amp has got RPIF)

Thank you! Can I post your instructions and this web in a Spanish Forum about HTPCs? Thanks!

- rcrh - 2009-10-02

I've already got XBMC installed (from the XBMCLIVE USB) but I like some of the things your script adds. Can I jump out to a terminal screen (ctrl-alt-f2) and run your scripts ontop of my install? Or, will that screw things up?

thanks in advance.

- Txori82 - 2009-10-02

I've got a problem with sound. I'm using RDPIF out from my Zotac, 5.1 and DTS was perfect but when I put an Stereo video, the sound don't work. WHYHuh?

- rcrh - 2009-10-03

rcrh Wrote:I've already got XBMC installed (from the XBMCLIVE USB) but I like some of the things your script adds. Can I jump out to a terminal screen (ctrl-alt-f2) and run your scripts ontop of my install? Or, will that screw things up?

thanks in advance.

Well, I tried and apparently failed. I started my Acer Revo and booted into XBMCLIVE Safemode. At the prompt I logged in and followed the instructions to run the script. Everything appeared to work. But, when I reboot the computer I get the XBMC splash screen and then a screen that says:
* Starting Hardware abstraction layer hald [ok]
* Checking batery state... [ok]
/dev/sda:
setting advanced power management level to 0xfe (2540)
[ok]

and that's it. It just sits there.

I've tried rebooting three times now and that is where it always ends.

I guess I'm going to have to go back to the XBMCLIVE USB and reinstall everything.

Too bad.

- kees667 - 2009-10-04

System is still running great thanks to this script!

However in order to use mediastream redux i need to update to a newer build, build 22528. The first page covers updating, but I assume that will update to the latest svn build, not to this specific one. How can I change the script to update to this specific version?

I found a guide here that updates to 22528 but as a linux noob I hesitate. My system runs fine now and I don't want to mess it up
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=412137&postcount=525

Can I change the script, or simply us this other thread, and will that keep all the fixes you included?

- kees667 - 2009-10-06

I just went along and updated as described in the first pages. I now run 23422 and it went fine.

However just noticed I cant play dvd folders (video_ts.ifo etc) anymore, so I'd really still like to know how to get r22528 as that one is supposed to be stable

kees667 Wrote:System is still running great thanks to this script!

However in order to use mediastream redux i need to update to a newer build, build 22528. The first page covers updating, but I assume that will update to the latest svn build, not to this specific one. How can I change the script to update to this specific version?

I found a guide here that updates to 22528 but as a linux noob I hesitate. My system runs fine now and I don't want to mess it up
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=412137&postcount=525

Can I change the script, or simply us this other thread, and will that keep all the fixes you included?

- kees667 - 2009-10-06

trying to repair the damage and roll back. I reversed the steps described in the upgrade section, including uncommenting the right two lines and once again commenting the ones I commented yesterday. I then ran the three sudo apt-get commands, but on the last : (sudo apt-get install xbmc) i get a notice that I already have the latest version. I guess that is as I am running a later version already. How do I force this downgrade?