Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] XBMC Setup Script - Automatic installation of XBMC for Linux - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [LINUX] XBMC Setup Script - Automatic installation of XBMC for Linux (/showthread.php?tid=55282)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- d3CoY - 2009-10-13

Txori82 Wrote:I've got a problem with sound. I'm using RDPIF out from my Zotac, 5.1 and DTS was perfect but when I put an Stereo video, the sound don't work. WHYHuh?

maybe for you?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53917&highlight=SPDIF

- Txori82 - 2009-10-13

Yes, I correct the problem few days ago using this post Smile

My new problem is with the WIFI, I can't use it and I don't know why... Y continued various manuals but it doesn't work Sad

Anyone can help with Wifi or a Zotac ION 330? Thanks!

- stokedfish - 2009-10-14

Quote:Automatically install/update the latest Aeon skins Auriga/Hitched/Showmix/Temmi2000/Alaska

What about T! support? Would love to see this added... Smile

- vikjon0 - 2009-10-14

Quote:Automatically install/update the latest Aeon skins Auriga/Hitched/Showmix/Temmi2000/Alaska

The fonts have to be hosted somewhere else than in the location used in the guide I found. That location generates a new url per user and therefore (I assume) it is not so easy to include in a script.

- mardyhardy - 2009-10-14

I received an error while running the script:

Code:
Setting up xbmc-live (9.04.1-jaunty1) ...
adduser: The group `admin' does not exist.

I tried to fix it by:
Code:
root@XXXX:/home/xbmc# groupadd -g 105 admin
groupadd: GID 105 is not unique
root@XXXX:/home/xbmc# groupadd -g 135 admin
(I just tried a diff number)

Is this ok?

Edit: Until so far it works great. Good job!
I'm running it on a ZOTAC-ION. Only the temp.sensors do not work (yet)

Revo 3600 and this script - Andrewishy - 2009-10-15

Just got this working very quickly with my new Acer Revo 3600 (only 1G ram) here's my thoughts:

1. navigation is lightning fast (a lot faster than on any of my PC's even the one with 4G ram and a 9600)
2. it was so easy to get working just loaded ubuntu mini and ran the script
3. needed to play with the audio settings to get HDMI to work but works fine
4. SD video (well 1/3 SD) works fine with my 1080p TV
5. HD video content jumps all over the place...

So what am i going to do about the HD video...

1. get more RAM as only 256M is assigned to the video card
2. if that doesn't work have a play with the settings and make sure i've got everything setup correctly

Andy

- rcrh - 2009-10-16

rcrh Wrote:Well, I tried and apparently failed. I started my Acer Revo and booted into XBMCLIVE Safemode. At the prompt I logged in and followed the instructions to run the script. Everything appeared to work. But, when I reboot the computer I get the XBMC splash screen and then a screen that says:
* Starting Hardware abstraction layer hald [ok]
* Checking batery state... [ok]
/dev/sda:
setting advanced power management level to 0xfe (2540)
[ok]

and that's it. It just sits there.

I've tried rebooting three times now and that is where it always ends.

I guess I'm going to have to go back to the XBMCLIVE USB and reinstall everything.

Too bad.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Thanks in advance.

- vikjon0 - 2009-10-16

Quote:Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Yes, follow the guide and install from the ubuntu minimal cd instead of live.

- pecinko - 2009-10-17

Many thanks, your script saved me a lot of time.

- Zapata - 2009-10-19

You Can add the Asus AT3N7A-ION MB to the list, great script to get me started, don't use it anymore but it i now understand the installation process better.

PS I Removed the splash screen package, i got screen tearing in movies with it installed on my system. DS

You should also put in some more Nvidia options, i use DigitalVibrance = 63 for a much nicer picture!

Revo 3600 and this script - Andrewishy - 2009-10-19

So I got HD working on my Revo 3600 with no memory upgrade:

1. altered render method in Video Settings to VDPAU - which improved it a bit but not good enough

2. updated to latest build of xbmc (at top of this thread) and it works sooooo goood I'm thinking of buying another 2 for my other TV's

3. I also loaded the SVN update script (again use the instructions at the beginning of the thread

Could I please say a very big thank you, I've got xbmc running on a "real" powerful PC using the full ubuntu and it took ages to get it working (all the graphics issues... and trying to understand linux.... it was a pain about a year ago) so my second MC was a windows based one and that went ok but not very fast and very noisy...

so now I've got my dream media centre and it works? (apart from some bugs that I'm presuming will go away on the next real release of xbmc rather than the nightly build I'm currently using)

All I need to figure out is how to load minimedia skin then i'll have nothing to do with my spare time!

Well maybe i should take up skinning or get live tv running on it....

ubuntu full - poirwilliam - 2009-10-20

Hello,

I installed an ubuntu full on my revo 3600 will this work also ??

Greetings

Steve

seems to be simple - poirwilliam - 2009-10-20

Hello,

I followed your instructions to the letter, I mean, I installed a mini ubuntu and then copyed the script and pasted it into a terminal, there where several errors !!! one I saw was that ubuntu thinks I'm not a root . At the end even the reboot fails . What did I do wrong Huh??

Greetings steve
Confused

even cannot install - poirwilliam - 2009-10-20

Hello,

I installed the minimal ubuntu on a revo 3600 works fine !

I then copied the script in terminal, but saw some errors, went to fast to see wat it was. The reboot did not take place , even when I reboot manually the xbmc is not installed

What did I do wrong!!! I'm new to linux

Greetings

Steve Confused

- TORGULL - 2009-10-20

thanks, saved me a lot of time

one question: is it possible for you to add xbox360 controller support in the install menu?

Smile