Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

- yadster - 2009-07-29

ronie Wrote:Sure, i'll add it to the to-do list. ;-)

Thankyou Smile much appreciated.

- jarod71 - 2009-07-29

Ronnie,
I am getting 100% cpu when in library but if I switch to files view it drops down to normal. I have plenty of memory in both views >25MB most of time. This is on latest nightly from 7/27/09 and 1.01 xbox version of your skin. sometimes fanart works in library sometimes not. fresh database as well.

Any ideas?

- B|aze - 2009-07-29

ronie Wrote:You can enable this feature in this way: Settings > Skin Settings > General > Enable ClearArt for TV Show Episodes
Also enter the path to your main TV Shows folder below.
(e.g. /home/xbmc/Media/TV Shows)
Put a semi-transparent image of a certain TV Show in the folder of that TV Show. The filename of the image should be: clearart.png
(e.g. /home/xbmc/Media/TV Shows/House/clearart.png)

Can't the pictures be located in a network folder?

- Try4Ce - 2009-07-29

Just tested this marvelous skin! This is total ownage, great work there man! Totally love it. Finally some really good use of the TV Show Banners. Great layout in total, nice visuals, smooth motion and good sound effects. The views are great, no complaints about that. It's my new default skin Smile

- rudeboyx - 2009-07-29

hi ronie thanks for the responce about the clearart.

im running xbmc on my xbox and my tv shows are on my vista pc connected via smb. however selecting the clearart path in the skin settings will only alow me to select a local folder. my TV show folders are labled exactly the same as xbmc titles but its still not picking them up.

thats why i tried putting a folder on the xbox with my cleararts labled as the TVSHOW.png and tried linking that in the skin settings but that dont work.

would really like to get this feature working.

anyone know if the xbmc build 21866 25/7/09 supports the feature needed to call clearart or is it just a skin feature that should work on all builds?

my TV shows folder structure is smb:\\T:\TV Shows\Chuck\Season1\Chuck - 1x1 - Pilot.avi and my cleart is placed in the Chuck folder along with fanart etc labled clearart.png

- Burncycle - 2009-07-29

ronie Wrote:Thanx again Burncycle, you've been a big help!
And thanx for the offer, i'm not the person who likes to ask others for help, so let's turn it around....if you (ever) feel like redesigning some parts of the skin, just PM me with whatever you can come up with. ;-)

Will do Laugh

- ronie - 2009-07-29

azido Wrote:edit: i guess i'll do some changes to the german translation for this skin/mod, like i did for andyblac's aeon mod. there are some really strange translations done here Wink if you like, i'd share with you and the rest of the crowd when done.

sure thing and thanx for the offer!
i'll see if i can put together a list of strings that need translations.
should have some time for that over the weekend i hope.

- ronie - 2009-07-29

francyboy Wrote:Hi! It's possible to use this skin for manage comics ?

My comics folder structure is this :

M:\Comics\Batman\folder.jpg
M:\Comics\Batman\fanart.jpg
M:\Comics\Batman\Batman n°1.cbr
M:\Comics\Batman\Batman n°1.tbn

It's possible to :

- direct link from home ?
- icon and fanart view ?

Thanks ! Your work is great !

Sorry for bad english

there's a fanart view available in programs, it should recognize both the fanart.jpg and the folder.jpg images.
just add your Comics directory as a source in Programs and try if it's working as expected.

linking it to the home menu is not really possible at the moment, but i may add some custom home menu buttons in the future.

- ronie - 2009-07-29

jarod71 Wrote:Ronnie,
I am getting 100% cpu when in library but if I switch to files view it drops down to normal. I have plenty of memory in both views >25MB most of time. This is on latest nightly from 7/27/09 and 1.01 xbox version of your skin. sometimes fanart works in library sometimes not. fresh database as well.

Any ideas?

first thing to do (if you haven't already done so) is to restart xbmc.
if the problem persists, check if you have the same issue with other skins.
final thing you could try is to enable debug logging and check if anything out of the ordinary is logged.

- grupy - 2009-07-29

Is the link posted on here for v1.01 xbox friendly or do I have to grab that version somewhere else?

Great looking skin btw!

- ronie - 2009-07-29

B|aze Wrote:Can't the pictures be located in a network folder?

rudeboyx Wrote:im running xbmc on my xbox and my tv shows are on my vista pc connected via smb. however selecting the clearart path in the skin settings will only alow me to select a local folder. my TV show folders are labled exactly the same as xbmc titles but its still not picking them up.

well, the pictures can be located on a network folder. but the issue is that xbmc won't let you browse to smb drives.

as a workaround, follow these steps:
- in the clear art skin settings, enter a local path (doesn't matter which path, just pick one)
- exit xbmc
- open guisettings.xml (it's in the userdata folder)
- search for this string:
[HTML]<setting type="string" name="Transparency!.tvshows_folder_path">/home/xbmc/Media/TV Shows/</setting>[/HTML]
- change it to:
[HTML]<setting type="string" name="Transparency!.tvshows_folder_path">smb://servername/Media/TV Shows/</setting>[/HTML]
or (depending on your setup):
[HTML]<setting type="string" name="Transparency!.tvshows_folder_path">smb://username:password@servername/Media/TV Shows/</setting>[/HTML]
- start xbmc

- ronie - 2009-07-29

grupy Wrote:Is the link posted on here for v1.01 xbox friendly or do I have to grab that version somewhere else?

Great looking skin btw!

download v1.00 for xbox: http://xbmc-xbox-skins.googlecode.com/files/Transparency!_v1.00.rar

next download the update to v1.01 on the first page of this thread.

- francyboy - 2009-07-29

ronie Wrote:there's a fanart view available in programs, it should recognize both the fanart.jpg and the folder.jpg images.
just add your Comics directory as a source in Programs and try if it's working as expected.

linking it to the home menu is not really possible at the moment, but i may add some custom home menu buttons in the future.

I tried but don't work Sad . I can see the folder icon and fanart but i can't see my comics.

- azido - 2009-07-29

ronie Wrote:sure thing and thanx for the offer!
i'll see if i can put together a list of strings that need translations.
should have some time for that over the weekend i hope.

you're welcome. drop me a pm when you're ready.

- ronie - 2009-07-29

francyboy Wrote:I tried but don't work Sad . I can see the folder icon and fanart but i can't see my comics.

ok, i've done some searching on the forum and it turns out xbmc has comics support in the Pictures section only.
i will try if i can make a fanart view for Pictures, if i succeed it will be in one of the future updates.