Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

- kautious - 2009-07-30

grupy Wrote:i was trying to transfer the skin to my xbox but a couple of files wouldnt transfer over due to special characters within the file name. Im using FlashFXP and am wondering if there is a way around this...

I'm using FlashFXP too with no problems.( vista ultimate 64)
(Besides from the long wait from the file size being so big)
What version are you using? You can try cuteFTP and see if it still has that special characters problem.
But I dont think it's the skinNod

- costa - 2009-07-30

ronie Wrote:tried it and the info just shows fine on my end.
it only takes a little longer, but that's all.
don't move your mouse while waiting, cause then it'll never show.
it's set to automatically show after a few seconds of inactivity.

sounds play fine here, double check if it's still enabled: Settings > Appearance > Look & feel > Navigation sounds > Skin default

i don't think i understand what you mean with "because all the wav sounds play at startup and the last wav sound (Return.wav) stay on the home window !" ??

there's no Return.wav in this skin....
have you tried restarting your pc, to see if this fixes it?

are all three 'recently added' options enabled in skin settings ?

Ronie ..

When I start xbmc .. the skin plays 4 wav files in the start up ! and the last one (Return.Wav) remains in the home window !

For the info question .. sometimes the scraper can't find results so I need to change the name manually like I do in movies.

Thanks

- whufclee - 2009-07-30

Well the weirdest thing is happening with flags for movies (on xbox), the first 5 to be scanned in are perfect but then after that only studio flags are showing. I've tried deleting library and re-scanning them individually but keep getting the same problem, however I have found a bizarre work-around...

Make sure "extract media metadata information" is unticked in video settings.
Go to your Movies that don't have all the flag information and individually link them to a TV show ONLY DO ABOUT 5 AT A TIME OR ELSE IT WILL KEEP CRASHING WHEN TRYING TO SCAN (takes a little while I know).
Now go back to settings and tick "extract media metadata information".
Go to TV Shows, click on whatever show you linked all the films to and click on ALL SEASONS. The files will now scan properly and you can then remove the link to TV Shows (make sure you untick the metadata setting in video settings again before doing this or else xbox will freeze).

Don't know if it's just me getting this problem or not and whether it's xbox only related but hopefully this may help someone? (I'm on the latest nightly "xbox patched" build btw).

- ronie - 2009-07-30

costa Wrote:Ronie ..

When I start xbmc .. the skin plays 4 wav files in the start up ! and the last one (Return.Wav) remains in the home window !

weird, i have no clue what's going on at your end.
Transparency! does not play any sounds at startup
also, as said before, there's no Return.wav in this skin.

are you sure you haven't enabled Skin Settings > General > Enable playlist at startup ?

costa Wrote:For the info question .. sometimes the scraper can't find results so I need to change the name manually like I do in movies.

Thanks

i don't think that's possible, but i might be wrong.

- ronie - 2009-07-30

grupy Wrote:i was trying to transfer the skin to my xbox but a couple of files wouldnt transfer over due to special characters within the file name. Im using FlashFXP and am wondering if there is a way around this...

kautious Wrote:I'm using FlashFXP too with no problems.( vista ultimate 64)
(Besides from the long wait from the file size being so big)
What version are you using? You can try cuteFTP and see if it still has that special characters problem.
But I dont think it's the skinNod

some of the studio icons contain special characters.
i too experienced some issues transferring these to the xbox,
like for instance i can't ftp Canal+.png to the xbox.
no clue why, but since it's an xbox issue, i didn't spent any time troubleshooting it.

- B|aze - 2009-07-30

ronie Wrote:well, the pictures can be located on a network folder. but the issue is that xbmc won't let you browse to smb drives.

as a workaround, follow these steps:

Thanks, that did the trick Smile

- B|aze - 2009-07-30

ronie Wrote:some of the studio icons contain special characters.
no clue why, but since it's an xbox issue, i didn't spent any time troubleshooting it.

I had 37 files it couldn't transfer, in studio icons

- lipo - 2009-07-30

B|aze Wrote:I had 37 files it couldn't transfer, in studio icons

same here im using flashfxp

- costa - 2009-07-30

Ronie .. I solved the wav problem ... it was from a cd

another error ... Restart xbmc is not working when u click it !

Thanks

- junk - 2009-07-30

costa Wrote:Ronie .. I solved the wav problem ... it was from a cd

another error ... Restart xbmc is not working when u click it !

Thanks

Does it work for other skins? My guess is this is a XBMC-related issue..

- yadster - 2009-07-30

ronie Wrote:some of the studio icons contain special characters.

The xbox filesystem doesn't allow the '+' character as well as <>?=:;*| plus the file name must be 42 characters or less. There might be other limitations as well but I'm not very xbox tech savvy.

- rudeboyx - 2009-07-30

Cheers for the workaround ronie.
after a couple of corrections i got it to work

- FragMenthor - 2009-07-30

Hi, ronie:

I have a feature suggestion for your skin, that maybe other skins that use skin based media flagging can use too:

On the IncludesMediaFlagging.xml it would be usefull to add:
- "filename.DVDRip.avi" - dvd.png
- "filename.BRRip.avi" - bluray.png

And it would be needed 4 more "source" icons:
- "filename.DVDR5.avi" - r5.png (audio not so goog normally...)
- "filename.SCREENNER.avi" - dvdscreener.png (video with watermarks or logos...)
- "filename.CAM.avi" - cam.png
- "filename.TS.avi" - ts.png

This would be useful to know the real source of our files (and for the user to check if there is a better source available from time to time).

Thanks in advance,
FragMenthor

- Burncycle - 2009-07-30

Just a heads up, I was running into trouble when trying to upload the skin to my xbox. It was hanging on studio flags that have special characters in the name. I had to remove the following flags to get it to ftp.

B¢rd Scann†n na hêireann.png
Shochiku Kinema Kenkyñ-jo.png

--Edit--

I see that others have brought this up too. For those who need a quick fix, I just removed the two offending studio flags everything else worked fine.

- grupy - 2009-07-30

lipo Wrote:same here im using flashfxp

I had only three files that didnt transfer over due to the special characters in the files, one of the files was Canal+.png. I plan on trying again with CuteFTP to see what happens tonight.

From personal experience, I had a similiar problem with longer files names when transferring to the xbox with FlashFXP and a quick restart and launching of XBMC worked when I tried to re-transfer the files.