Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

- ronie - 2009-08-05

flipped cracker Wrote:i just noticed that when you play trailers on the xbox, it plays it full screen, but if you play them on the pc, it's only the small window that lets you keep browsing. any way of making it the same on the xbox?

don't know...maybe you can't start movies in a smaller window on the xbox ?
Debug Log might be useful....

- ronie - 2009-08-05

prae5 Wrote:Could someone confirm the following is expected behaviour:

1. On the home screen you have recently added movies / episodes.
2. If i can select and scroll down the list of recently added items.
3. Expected behaviour would then be to click on ok/enter and have the item start playing.

However, nothing happens when i try to start playing the item. Is this expected?

thanks

hmm, works on my Macbook but not on my linux install - will have to dig more.

works fine for me on linux, a Debug Log may be useful.

- kizer - 2009-08-05

ronie Wrote:works fine for me on linux, a Debug Log may be useful.

Oddly I had the same problem and I recently figured it out.
If you are using say your database from an older XBMC build and copied it into a newer one and then built your thumbs and images with Transparency it doesn't seem to work. I removed a few episodes and movies and rescanned my library and they worked fine and have worked since I've added a few more.

Give that a try unless your having problems from newly added videos since you've been running Transparency and the current XBMC build.

I had the problem initially on my Xbox.

- kizer - 2009-08-05

flipped cracker Wrote:i just noticed that when you play trailers on the xbox, it plays it full screen, but if you play them on the pc, it's only the small window that lets you keep browsing. any way of making it the same on the xbox?

Flipped can I have you take a look at this thread since you have an xbox as well.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55899

- flipped cracker - 2009-08-05

kizer Wrote:Oddly I had the same problem and I recently figured it out.
If you are using say your database from an older XBMC build and copied it into a newer one and then built your thumbs and images with Transparency it doesn't seem to work. I removed a few episodes and movies and rescanned my library and they worked fine and have worked since I've added a few more.

Give that a try unless your having problems from newly added videos since you've been running Transparency and the current XBMC build.

I had the problem initially on my Xbox.
i'll try that, but i just rebuilt my library from scratch the other day with the latest build at that time, and i still had the problem. i get a Debug Log tonight.

- francyboy - 2009-08-06

(Another) Feature Request : it's possible to integrate in the skin the Home Theater Experience script ?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55628

Script features :

- plays optional recursive trivia slide show w/music
- plays optional coming attractions intro video/playlist or 1-3 random videos
- plays # of optional random trailers
- plays optional feature presentation intro video/playlist or 1-3 random videos
- plays user queued video
- plays optional feature presentation outro video/playlist or 1-3 random videos
- "Apple Movie Trailers (database)" trailer scraper (requires the AMT script)
- "Apple Movie Trailers (current)" trailer scraper (default: same source as the AMT Lite plugin)
- "Local folder" trailer recursive scraper (local network also eg smb://, trailers must be named with "-trailer in the name)
- *improved slide show with optional support for a slides.xml
- maybe more

Run with skinning :

Quote:but there is a way to run this just with skinning, by adding a button to the video info dialog (this works ok, but you must make sure no videos are currently queued. Just add a button with these <onclicks>

with r21919 <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick> is now supported
Quote:
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
<onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
<onclick>Action(Queue,25)</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(special://home/scripts/Home Theater Experience/default.py)</onclick>
The Action(Queue,25) is important. The 25 window id is needed for the action to work. I'm skinners if they support this can come up with a way to put the proper window id there for instance for the files mode.

This really is better used with the library though.

- ronie - 2009-08-06

francyboy Wrote:(Another) Feature Request : it's possible to integrate in the skin the Home Theater Experience script ?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55628

yep, Nuka1195 seems to be releasing one cool script after another.
it's hard to keep up with him. ;-)

i still have to dig in to this and the new weather.com plus plugin too.
i'll add it to my todo list.

- Mape - 2009-08-06

I tried the weather plugin, seemed to do nothing for me except make xbmc crash saying the jpgs corrupt or whatever. i thought id broken xorg.conf or something , in end found removing the weather plugin and setting it back to default fixed the crash causing X to fail.

heres .xsession-errors , dunno if weather plugin will cause for every1 but its def bad idea on my box as i found out.

MOD edit: details removed, please use pastebin.

- ronie - 2009-08-06

Mape Wrote:I tried the weather plugin, seemed to do nothing for me except make xbmc crash saying the jpgs corrupt or whatever. i thought id broken xorg.conf or something , in end found removing the weather plugin and setting it back to default fixed the crash causing X to fail.

heres .xsession-errors , dunno if weather plugin will cause for every1 but its def bad idea on my box as i found out.

like i said, i haven't looked into it, but as far as i understand, it'll only work if your skin supports it. Mediastream_Redux does and i believe Nuka1195 has made an Aeon mod for it too.

- grupy - 2009-08-06

I was wondering if there is a way to possibly remove Favorites from the main menu and replace it with Music Videos instead. I really dont use Favorites at all and would rather have a direct link for my music videos.

My videos are stored as : F:\Music Videos\Artist\Music video.ext

I only have a handful for now as I didnt want to transfer over that many as I was just testing it out but thought I would ask someone on here prior to moving over most of my videos.

- ronie - 2009-08-06

grupy Wrote:I was wondering if there is a way to possibly remove Favorites from the main menu and replace it with Music Videos instead. I really dont use Favorites at all and would rather have a direct link for my music videos.

My videos are stored as : F:\Music Videos\Artist\Music video.ext

I only have a handful for now as I didnt want to transfer over that many as I was just testing it out but thought I would ask someone on here prior to moving over most of my videos.

are you using filemode or library mode ?
seems like the music videos are listed both in the music and the video library.
any preference which one of the two should be linked to the home menu ?

- grupy - 2009-08-06

ronie Wrote:are you using filemode or library mode ?
seems like the music videos are listed both in the music and the video library.
any preference which one of the two should be linked to the home menu ?

Im using library mode for everything. It doesnt matter if its video or music for me, I was just wondering if the Music Video link from the home screen, could behave similiar to the Movies/TV Show sections that I have already configured on my XBOX.

- grupy - 2009-08-06

I have followed your suggestion for the folder format ie. F:\Music\Artist\Album

1. If I want to add a nfo for an album, does it need to reside in the Artist folder and have the nfo named identical to the album?

Also, I was thinknig of updating to v1.03 as Im still on 1.02 but I wanted to update to the unscaled version and not the XBOX friendly version. I was wondering what files should I not overwrite in the 720p folder so it still keeps flagging for studio as its working fine for me. And what about my libraries for all my media, will I lose any of that by doing the upgrade?

Sorry for the frequent questions...your help and help from others is greatly appreciated as I try to gain knowledge about XBMC and how it works...

- ronie - 2009-08-06

grupy Wrote:I have followed your suggestion for the folder format ie. F:\Music\Artist\Album

1. If I want to add a nfo for an album, does it need to reside in the Artist folder and have the nfo named identical to the album?

nope it should be in the Album folder, and the filename should be album.nfo:
F:\Music\Artist\Album\album.nfo

you can also use the build-in allmusic or discogs.com scraper and when it's finished, go to Settings > Music > Library > export music library (and pick 'seperate' files).

it will then create all the artist.nfo and album.nfo files for you.
of course this won't work for albums the scraper couldn't find.

grupy Wrote:Also, I was thinknig of updating to v1.03 as Im still on 1.02 but I wanted to update to the unscaled version and not the XBOX friendly version. I was wondering what files should I not overwrite in the 720p folder so it still keeps flagging for studio as its working fine for me. And what about my libraries for all my media, will I lose any of that by doing the upgrade?

believe me, you're better of using v1.03. the bugs in v1.02 will also affect you, you may not have noticed it, but it will.
just play some movie, bring up the fullscreen info window, go back to the main menu and go to settings. you'll notice the settings background is black, next go to skin settings and you'll notice all the settings are gone...

Mame - whipper - 2009-08-06

Good evening Ronie. Thanks again for a great skin.
Sorry if this is a really stupid question. Is there a way to integrate MAME into Transparency? I've been trying to see how, online manual searched forum, but all that's happening is i'm getting more confused!Confused Not that that's hard though!

From what I've seen you need launcher, which I see is already built in, THANKS!
Now I've tried to work it out but no success. Is there a easy way? I'm really out of my depth here.

I need an Idiots guideNod I realise this is probably more a general XBMC question but I'm hoping you've thought about this already as you seem to be ahead of the game.

I don't want to waste your time so if there is somewhere I can look to work it out I'd appreciate that too!

Thanks