Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

- kmfdm515 - 2009-08-10

ronie Wrote:i hope so. ;-)
maybe i'll code some other views in the future, like an hourly forecast or 36 hour forecast.

again, if anyone's got some ideas what they would like to see in the new weather page, just let me know.

an hour-by-hour forecast would be great in addition to the 7-day forecast you've got going there. those 2 are all i ever really use.

- kizer - 2009-08-10

Yep 7 is good enough for the 10 day.

Hourly would be nice

36hour and weekend are kinda redundant since the 7day covers it.

I've used all of the views in the past, but I really like how you keep it simple.

Are you going to keep the weather alerts aka warnings in the script? I've used them in the past and they where very informative looking up other areas where I have family.

- whufclee - 2009-08-10

Got another addition for you ronie just incase you weren't busy enough! This script was released yesterday and it has the correct code for the transparency skin already. When watching a movie it lets you download the correct subtitles from opensubtitles.org straight from the video popup menu so no need to exit from the film to get them. Been testing it last night and it works great on xbox and windows. If you don't feel it's a necessary addition then not to worry, it's easy enough for others to add to their system if they want it. The weather looks great by the way and very much looking forward to the home theatre support.

- hobartgeorge - 2009-08-10

Hi all,

I'm pretty keen to give this skin a go but it says that it requires a recent development build. I'm not a developer, is there someplace i can download a build for windows?

- ronie - 2009-08-10

hobartgeorge Wrote:Hi all,

I'm pretty keen to give this skin a go but it says that it requires a recent development build. I'm not a developer, is there someplace i can download a build for windows?

just google xbmc nightly builds.

- macchina - 2009-08-10

Hi Ronie!

Many thanks for your work!!
Transparency is now the ONLY skin I use. Before, I switched between Mediastream (different mods) and Aeon (also different mods). But now the switching has an end :-)

I've some little requests:
Is it possible to show also the year of a movie in different views (not only the title)? Reason: In some cases its hard to find out, which movie is part 1, part 2, etc.. I.e. James Bond, Dirty Harry, Die Hard, ....

Is it possible to show the date "last played" of a movie (i.e. on Info-Screen)?

Is it possible to display the poster (instead fanart) on recently added? (switchable via settings)

Best Regards
Macchina

- ronie - 2009-08-10

whufclee Wrote:Got another addition for you ronie just incase you weren't busy enough! This

thanx for the headsup!

since the audio osd already has a lyrics button, it makes sense to add a subtitle button to the video osd as well.

i'll look into it when i get home.

- ronie - 2009-08-10

macchina Wrote:Hi Ronie!

I've some little requests:
Is it possible to show also the year of a movie in different views (not only the title)? Reason: In some cases its hard to find out, which movie is part 1, part 2, etc.. I.e. James Bond, Dirty Harry, Die Hard, ....

it's already available in several views:
- list & media info (but only when sorting by year)
- fanart

i guess i should be able to add it to slide, icons and coverflow as well
and perhaps to media info (regardless of sort method).

another thing for you to look at is the new sorttitle option.
it gives you the option to sort all 'multipart' movies in the correct order.

macchina Wrote:Is it possible to show the date "last played" of a movie (i.e. on Info-Screen)?

i'll have to think about that. i'm not sure if there's many room left in the movie info window to add another field.
not that i'm opposed to adding it and if there's a general demand for it i will,
but i'm afraid someday the next person comes along with a similar request to add 'this' and 'that' info to the info window,
but there's only room for a certain amount of info.

macchina Wrote:Is it possible to display the poster (instead fanart) on recently added? (switchable via settings)

i've been playing with that idea too, i guess i'll switch to displaying the poster instead and probably display the fanart fullscreen when you browse the recently added items.
this is how it's done in The Operation MOD and i kinda liked it.

- ronie - 2009-08-10

Nuka1195 Wrote:looks good ronie,

Settings > Weather > plugin settings for map list gives you a category of maps.

you still can have a list of individual maps. it will default to the first map in the categories list. and you can have three categories if you wish.

http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/svn/packages/Project%20Mayhem%20III%20-%20Weather.zip

has the example skin. you should if you want to give the users a choice, be able to copy the static content from the maps xml.

thanx. i have used both your PMIII files and your Aeon mod as an example when i was skinning the new weather page.

it's still in the early stages, so i may add some buttons to switch between different maps / forecasts in the future.

so far i haven't looked into the 'weather alerts' thing, but since it was mentioned a few posts back, i guess i'll have to.

Nuka1195 Wrote:request, a zoom button or a way to zoom the map. the above skin has this feature, by selecting the map itself. (a hidden button)

zoom function would be pretty cool indeed. i'll add it.

and thanx for the plugin Nuka1195, it's fun to do the skinning part of it. :-)

- macchina - 2009-08-10

Quote:it's already available in several views:
- list & media info (but only when sorting by year)
- fanart

i guess i should be able to add it to slide, icons and coverflow as well
and perhaps to media info (regardless of sort method).

another thing for you to look at is the new sorttitle option.
it gives you the option to sort all 'multipart' movies in the correct order.

Thanks! That would be great. I'll take a look at the sorttitle option.

Quote:i'll have to think about that. i'm not sure if there's many room left in the movie info window to add another field.
not that i'm opposed to adding it and if there's a general demand for it i will,
but i'm afraid someday the next person comes along with a similar request to add 'this' and 'that' info to the info window,
but there's only room for a certain amount of info.

You're right. Too many items on the info-screen doesn't look pretty. Maybe right of "Playtime"? i.e. "Playtime: 2:12 (last played 28.07.2009)"

Quote:i've been playing with that idea too, i guess i'll switch to displaying the poster instead and probably display the fanart fullscreen when you browse the recently added items.
this is how it's done in The Operation MOD and i kinda liked it.

That would be great!

Thanks and sunny greatings from Austria
Macchina

- ronie - 2009-08-10

macchina Wrote:You're right. Too many items on the info-screen doesn't look pretty. Maybe right of "Playtime"? i.e. "Playtime: 2:12 (last played 28.07.2009)"

hmmmm....i'm not sure if 'last played' info is available in xbmc, at least i can't find it. do you know of any skin that is displaying this info ?

macchina Wrote:Thanks and sunny greatings from Austria

cool! i'm a big tiroler music fan too.
you should see my Zillertaler Schürzenjäger collection. ;-)

Grüß Gott

- Freek - 2009-08-10

Hi Ronie,

Thanks for such a great skin, your efforts are very much appreciated!

I've got a problem with the cdart feature that I'm hoping you can change/help me out with. The problem is when the folder names don't match the library names... here's an example:
I've got /Media/Music/Matchbox 20/foo/ but in the library they are called "Matchbox Twenty" so when I play a track from the foo folder your skin actually looks for
/Media/Music/Matchbox Twenty/foo/cdart.png which doesn't exist. I'm hoping this is just a variable change but I don't know enough about xbmc skins to know where to start looking.

Of course I could just change all the offending folder names... but I'd rather program my way out of this one Smile

- ronie - 2009-08-10

Freek Wrote:Hi Ronie,

Thanks for such a great skin, your efforts are very much appreciated!

I've got a problem with the cdart feature that I'm hoping you can change/help me out with. The problem is when the folder names don't match the library names... here's an example:
I've got /Media/Music/Matchbox 20/foo/ but in the library they are called "Matchbox Twenty" so when I play a track from the foo folder your skin actually looks for
/Media/Music/Matchbox Twenty/foo/cdart.png which doesn't exist. I'm hoping this is just a variable change but I don't know enough about xbmc skins to know where to start looking.

Of course I could just change all the offending folder names... but I'd rather program my way out of this one Smile

renaming the folders is currently your only option i'm afraid.
the reason for this is that the path is not available to the musicplayer in xbmc, so it tries to reconstruct the path in this way:
/$PathToMusicFolder/$ArtistName/$AlbumName

there's a feature request to make the path available to the player, but until that is implemented there's no other way.

- JustinAiken - 2009-08-10

Would something like this be possible, or would it be beyond the limits of a skin and require reprogramming of XBMC..

Detect the overall color of the fanart behind where the text is, and adjust the font color accordingly... Because movies with dark backgrounds look great, but some white fanarts make it difficult to read any text...

Also, what about an option to get rid of the check boxes for watched movies, and instead color the font or bold the font differently?

Lastly, is it possible to manually edit an XML file somewhere to change the number of movies shown at a time in fanart view, or is that hardcoded, and something we have to wait for an update for?

Thanks!!

Thanks! This is by far my favorite skin!!

- macchina - 2009-08-10

Hi!

Quote:I've got a problem with the cdart feature that I'm hoping you can change/help me out with. The problem is when the folder names don't match the library names... here's an example:

I did the following trick for me:
Set the Music-Data-Folder to c:\...whateveryouwant...\cdart
In MusicVisualisation.xml I changed the line
Code:
<texture diffuse="disc_mask.png">$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[musicplayer.artist]/$INFO[musicplayer.album]/cdart.png</texture>

to

Code:
<texture diffuse="disc_mask.png">$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[musicplayer.artist] - $INFO[musicplayer.album].png</texture>

So the only thing I have to do is, store all cdarts in this specific folder.
i.E. Music-Folder-Path is set to "c:\temp\cdart\"
In this folder the images are stored in this way:
Prince - Purple Rain.png
Michael Jackson - Thriller.png

Hope this helps!

Best Regards
Macchina