Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

- pooh - 2009-08-18

Hi all,

I am trying to change the music background that is displayed when playing music. Changed it to a the above mentioned Piano_inside and dropped it in ../skin/Tranparency/images/backgrounds.

I can browse to the pic to select it and it shows as thumbnail as example, but when reloading the skin/restarting xbmc, the default cd cases pic is still shown...

Did I miss anything please?

Thanks

- ronie - 2009-08-18

kmfdm515 Wrote:is there an option to remove the dvd (for movies) or episode snapshot (for tv shows) that shows up in the bottom right when you ff or rewind a video? i didn't see one, but not sure if i missed it...

i could change the behaviour a bit, so that it only shows when you pause a movie, but not on fast forward or rewind.

- ronie - 2009-08-18

pooh Wrote:Hi all,

I am trying to change the music background that is displayed when playing music. Changed it to a the above mentioned Piano_inside and dropped it in ../skin/Tranparency/images/backgrounds.

I can browse to the pic to select it and it shows as thumbnail as example, but when reloading the skin/restarting xbmc, the default cd cases pic is still shown...

Thanks

cheers, i'll have to fix that.

- dynamix - 2009-08-18

pooh Wrote:Hi all,

Thanks

Ronie, could there be more items not working as i've reported it earlier for the video's plugin item?

- ronie - 2009-08-18

dynamix Wrote:Ronie, could there be more items not working as i've reported it earlier for the video's plugin item?

you really think i've tested everything myself ? ? ? ?
as long as i don't get any bug reports, i just assume everything's working fine.

easy, eh? ;-)

- dynamix - 2009-08-18

ronie Wrote:you really think i've tested everything myself ? ? ? ?
as long as i don't get any bug reports, i just assume everything's working fine.

easy, eh? ;-)

You didn't? Shocked Ghehe... Smile

I mentioned it because maybe it's something similiar in the way things were coded. (though it's an asumption made be a non-coder...)

But if it's ok with you, i will test all menu items Wink

- stokedfish - 2009-08-18

Quote:so a complete set of music artwork will look like this:

/music/artist/fanart.jpg - the fanart image
/music/artist/folder.jpg - the artist thumb
/music/artist/album/folder.jpg - the album cover
/music/artist/album/songs

Thanks, ronie!

I got it working, but Transparency! seems to have many bugs and/or unexpected behaviours:

- library mode - cover flow - album level: it does not show the artist fanarts in the background
- library mode - icons - album level: it does not show the artist fanarts in the background
- library mode - full list - album level: it does not show the artist fanarts in the background
- library mode - list - album level: it does not show the artist fanarts in the background
- library mode - thumbnail - album level: it does not show the artist fanarts in the background
- library mode - fanart - album level: it does not show the artist fanarts in the background
- library mode - media info - album level: it does not show the artist fanarts in the background

when I navigate to / and pick "album" it does not show the fanart, no matter what view mode. the same when I use "years", "top 100 albums", "recently added albums" and "recently played albums" - no fanart. I'd expect a fanart skin to always show fanart, no matter what view mode/folder I use.

when I use "genre", "artist" or "top 100 songs", it does show fanarts (in all view modes) just fine.

this is very inconsistent and doesn't really make sense...no?

if you could fix those bugs, that would be great! Smile

- ronie - 2009-08-18

stokedfish Wrote:Thanks, ronie!

I got it working

cool! i'm glad you figured it out! :-)

stokedfish Wrote:but Transparency! seems to have many bugs and/or unexpected behaviours:

oh please don't say that.
first, it was xbmc's fault for the lack of music fanart support and now all of a sudden the skin's to blame ??

stokedfish Wrote:- library mode - cover flow - album level: it does not show the artist fanarts in the background
- library mode - icons - album level: it does not show the artist fanarts in the background
- library mode - full list - album level: it does not show the artist fanarts in the background
- library mode - list - album level: it does not show the artist fanarts in the background
- library mode - thumbnail - album level: it does not show the artist fanarts in the background
- library mode - fanart - album level: it does not show the artist fanarts in the background
- library mode - media info - album level: it does not show the artist fanarts in the background

eh...couldn't you just have summarized all of the above to: fanart does not work when browsing your library at album level ?

stokedfish Wrote:when I navigate to / and pick "album" it does not show the fanart, no matter what view mode. the same when I use "years", "top 100 albums", "recently added albums" and "recently played albums" - no fanart. I'd expect a fanart skin to always show fanart, no matter what view mode/folder I use.

me too!
but what if, hypothetically speaking of course, fanart at albumlevel is just not supported?
and what if...there was no possible workaround too?

stokedfish Wrote:when I use "genre", "artist" or "top 100 songs", it does show fanarts (in all view modes) just fine.

this is very inconsistent and doesn't really make sense...no?

i couldn't agree more....what a worthless skin!

stokedfish Wrote:if you could fix those bugs, that would be great! Smile

i can't. ;-P

- stokedfish - 2009-08-18

huh? I never said your skin is worthless... Rolleyes

and where from should I know if this is xbmc's or transparency's fault?

I'm afraid I'm just a normal user without any coding knowledge at all...

- ronie - 2009-08-18

stokedfish Wrote:huh? I never said your skin is worthless... Rolleyes

i was just making fun. ;-)

stokedfish Wrote:and where from should I know if this is xbmc's or transparency's fault?

you probably can't, so just assuming that 'Transparency! seems to have many bugs and/or unexpected behaviours' wasn't quite the best way to put it imo.

stokedfish Wrote:I'm afraid I'm just a normal user without any coding knowledge at all...

there are some threads about the lack of fanart in at album level:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55493&highlight=album+fanart&page=2

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=344161&postcount=13

i tried jm's patch that enables fanart at album level and i works like a charm. so hopefully it gets implemented in xbmc soon and we all can enjoy fanart in every available view.

cheers :-)

- rudeboyx - 2009-08-19

ronie Wrote:i couldn't agree more....what a worthless skin!

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.....!

Great at skinning and comedy, is there nothing this man cant do?

- Vampirebat - 2009-08-19

first off the skin looks incredible and i cant wait for an update.
i had a few questions about the views in the playlist view
i know that currently in the now playing section you can see fanart, movie title, cover thumbs but no movie info such as movie synapses, media tags, movie ratings.
is that because xbmc's code does not support this or just because no one has thought to include this in their skins?
i would assume the former but i ask because of all the views and all the other screens the now playing list seems to be the only one that could use some dressing up and frankly i am quite absent minded at time i will queue up like 100 movies and then forget what a few of them are about and it would be nice to be able to scroll down my queue to get movie info rather than backing out to fanart view and then finding the movie in a list of 1000 other things.
i realize it is a rather minor issue and something most ppl would never notice is missing.
however if you are looking for some new ideas to improve apon the prefection that you've already given us and this is not kneecapped by XBMC not being able to proform this function i think that it would make the now playing list alot look nicer and seem more user friendly than it already is Smile

- ronie - 2009-08-19

dynamix Wrote:You didn't? Shocked Ghehe...

I mentioned it because maybe it's something similiar in the way things were coded. (though it's an asumption made be a non-coder...)

sometimes it's a typo, other times it's a bad copy and paste job.
or i just forgot to add custom backgrounds, as is the case with the now playing view for music.

so if you're looking for patterns, there aren't any ;-)

dynamix Wrote:But if it's ok with you, i will test all menu items Wink

cheers! bug reports are most welcome!

- ronie - 2009-08-19

Vampirebat Wrote:i know that currently in the now playing section you can see fanart, movie title, cover thumbs but no movie info such as movie synapses, media tags, movie ratings.
is that because xbmc's code does not support this or just because no one has thought to include this in their skins?

good question. i think it's a little bit of both actually.
the 'now playing view' is a bit different from all the other views.
a regular view only lists either movies or episodes, but the 'now playing view can contain both at the same time.

the only problem is, there's no way for the skin to know if the focused item in the now playing view is a movie or a tv show episode.

other then that all the info should be available.
i'll see if i can add a media-info and/or fanart view to the 'now playing' screen.

- Vampirebat - 2009-08-20

ronie Wrote:other then that all the info should be available.
i'll see if i can add a media-info and/or fanart view to the 'now playing' screen.

Awesome, thx for looking into it Smile