Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Transparency! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+---- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)
Transparency! - v1.03 - ronie - 2009-07-24 19:26
Transparency! v2.00 is now available here!
Transparency! - A Fanart Skin v1.03
It's been a month since the last release, so it's time for an update......and it's a big one this time.
Transparency! is based on the PM3.HD skin and to take it to the next level i felt it was necessary (and got numerous requests to do so) to give it a full redesign.
Almost all of the old textures are gone and from now on Transparency! will have it's on set of icons, fonts, textures, sounds and color-theme.
Also most of the default backgrounds and the genre icon sets have been replaced with fresh ones.
What else is new ?
- A new slide view for movies (like in Aeon & The Operation MOD, but i've added slide & zoom animations to it) (see next post)
- Also there's a new animated view for pictures: polaroid (see next post)
- Watch trailers in a preview window in the fanart view (see next post)
- A fanart view for 'now playing'
- A fanart view for games
- Recently added items on the home screen
- 800 new studio icons
- 125 new record label logo's (thanx Ninjamawwe)
- Favourites can now be added to the main menu
- Added open/close animations to the context menu and info windows
- Animated backgrounds with slide and zoom effects
- A progressbar in music fanart view that will appear when you start playing a song
One small note: in the previous version, the video button in the home menu would take you to the video section in filemode, i've changed it to library mode.
You can adjust this in skin settings if you want to get the old behavior back.
note: Transparency! does not work with the stable 9.04.1 release of xbmc, you'll need a svn/development build of xbmc!
New users, old info:
What is Transparency!? Short answer: a fanart skin. The main goal of Transparency! is showing your fanart, fullscreen, in all of the views, all of the time.
Besides this, it also tries to support every neat new feature xbmc has to offer. To save everyone a lot of time and trouble hacking the xml code themselves,
all of these new features are already included in the skin, pre-configured and enabled by default (wherever possible).
- Native and Skin Based Media Flagging for Movies, TV-Shows and Music
- Genre Folder Icons for Movies, TV-Shows and Music
- Weather Fanart based on current weather conditions
- Home Weather Background based on current weather conditions
- Animated Weather Icons in Home and MyWeather
- CD / DVD Case
- Horizontal Home Menu
- ClearArt for TV Shows, visible on the info window and when pausing an episode.
- cdArt with added animations
- Configurable Items in the Home Menu
- Fanart in Filemode
- Fanart for Games
- 3D Coverflow view for Artists and Songs
- Fanart view for Songs
- Icon view for Albums (similar to DVD Thumb view)
- Fully hide the Left Menu on all pages, it slides in when needed
Many of these items can be enabled/disabled to your own liking in Skin Settings.
- same as v1.02, but this time for real (i hope)
- added finish time for all videos
- fixed chaptername placement in fullscreen info
- removed support for skin based studio icon
- fixed black background in settings
- fixed no fanart (black background) in movies
- fixed empty panel in skin settings
- fixed unable to edit movie title
- fixed missing buttons in shutdown menu
- fixed slide and polaroid view or now mouse compatible
- fixed configure audio hardware would take you to system settings
- fixed use stretch instead of scale for tv show banners
- fixed incorrect label for favourites in horizontal home menu
- fixed incorrect position of clearart/dvd/cd cover in dialogseekbar
- modified use 16x9 thumbs for musicvideos in media info view
- fixed failed loading of clearart from smb drives in dialogseekbar
- fixed recently added window would still show even though it was disabled
- initial release
Thanx to Burncycle for helping me out with the Home Menu Buttons
Special thanx to dynamix, TheQuestor and Bram77 for hosting Transparency!
And last but not least, a big thanx to Jezz_X for the great PM3.HD skin and to everyone who's contributing to XBMC by coding, scripting, designing or just by posting new ideas.
- ronie - 2009-07-24 19:27
Here's a short rundown on the new features in Transparency! v1.00.
- You now have the option to browse your movies in a slide view.
It's an animated view that will gradually slide and zoom the covers towards the center of the screen
After a short delay, a movie info section will appear on the center of the screen, with all the movie details:
- If there's a trailer available for a certain movie, you'll notice a trailer icon in fanart view.
This icon is selectable and will start the trailer in a preview window.
During the playback of the trailer, you can continue to browse your movie collection:
- A new view for Pictures: Polaroid
It's like looking at your pictures the old-fashoned way, having a pack of photo's in your hand
and tossing them away one-by-one:
- Animated Backgrounds
There's an option to add slide and zoom effects to your background images in Transparency!
It will work with all the backgrounds in the Home Screen:
Settings > Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Animate Home Backgrounds
This effect is also available for multi-image configurations in all other views:
Settings > Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Animate Other Backgrounds
- Amra - 2009-07-24 19:42
From 0.27 all the way to 1.00! That's quite a leap. Thanks again for your hard work, I can't wait to go home & try this out.
PS: Love the new look & font.
- skunkm0nkee - 2009-07-24 19:49
Nice one, great job on the skin ronie!
- kmfdm515 - 2009-07-24 20:18
- dynamix - 2009-07-24 20:19
What an overhaul, ronie... that new settings screen looks sweet!
Time to download Thanks!
- nicoli_k - 2009-07-24 20:24
Looks great ronie! Tommy likey. The greatest skin on earth just got better. Thanks for your hard work man!
- MDPauley - 2009-07-24 20:27
ronie, great job as usual...
- Johnkg - 2009-07-24 20:53
- smcnally75 - 2009-07-24 21:07
Looks great. One thing that concerns me though is that after trying this and then trying to go back to Aeon, my Aeon skin is all messed up. I can't even change my views in Aeon now and have to re-install it.
- Waffa - 2009-07-24 21:41
- ronie - 2009-07-24 22:11
smcnally75 Wrote:Looks great. One thing that concerns me though is that after trying this and then trying to go back to Aeon, my Aeon skin is all messed up. I can't even change my views in Aeon now and have to re-install it.
I have 2 Aeon installations on my system, one is svn from 2 months ago and the other one was checked out a couple of days ago.
If i switch to the older version all is fine, but if i switch to the recent one the views are sometimes messed up. Restarting xbmc fixes it for me though.
Having to reinstall Aeon seems highly unlikely to me ?
- harryzimm - 2009-07-24 23:08
Excellent update ronie. One thing i noticed though, when using clearart and pausing a video the clearart image is to low on the screen. Pushing "i" the image displays correctly. Just a small bug, the rest of the skin is brilliant. Thanks for all your hard work.
Edit. here is a screenshot.
- mcborzu - 2009-07-24 23:44
Quote:Looks great. One thing that concerns me though is that after trying this and then trying to go back to Aeon, my Aeon skin is all messed up. I can't even change my views in Aeon now and have to re-install it.
I had same thing with mimeedia, when I switched from Aeon, Transparency!, and went to minimeedia it felt like I was in kiosk mode I couldn't switch views, etc...happened 60% of the time. A simple restart fixed it though.
- nicoli_k - 2009-07-24 23:48
mcborzu Wrote:I had same thing with mimeedia, when I switched from Aeon, Transparency!, and went to minimeedia it felt like I was in kiosk mode I couldn't switch views, etc...happened 60% of the time. A simple restart fixed it though.
When you go to the Settings section, is the background all black? I've experienced this and sometimes even the background of the File Manager is blacked out and the shutdown menu is missing buttons that I've set. sometimes I lose the button to restart XBMC, so I just go to filemanager and navigate to the default.xbe for xbmc and click it which does the same thing.
I'll try to do some troubleshooting on my own to see if I can get it to replicate, but it seems pretty random. I'm using an Xbox, so I'm thinking it may be a memory issue, but that's just a guess.
Gotta go for the weekend and I can't upload a log since it's not currently messed up. go figure.