Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)

- ronie - 2009-07-26

aaronjb Wrote:Fantastic stuff ronie - Transparency! just made a quantum leap forward IMHO, in terms of looks Smile Now it really looks like it's own skin, with all it's PM3.HD heritage shuffled away to the background where it belongs.. if you see what I mean.

i think i get the point ;-)

aaronjb Wrote:Just one thing - I was using 0.27 previously which worked flawlessly, but since switching to v1.00 XBMC has hard locked on me a couple of times when returning to the home screen. In fact, it did it the very first time I launched XBMC, and has done it once or twice since - sadly neither time has left anything interesting logged in the xbmc.log, and I haven't been able to reproduce it with debug logging enabled Sad

Actually I'm not sure XBMC has locked, but it's stopped responding to keypresses (remote or keyboard) and stopped updating the screen (the clock stops) - but it's using 0% CPU.

Each time you you enter the home screen, it runs the recently added script to update the 'newly added items' info on the home window. Not sure if this can bork things on the Mac but it might be something to look into.
If you can find a way to reproduce it, simple disable the three recently added options in Skin Settings and see if it fixes the issue.

aaronjb Wrote:I'm going to try a newer build of XBMC (I'm still using r21138 from Jun 19th) in case it's that, and if all else fails I'll nuke my guisettings.xml (nooo *cries* ) and see if that cures it, in case it's a holdover from 0.27..

Just make sure you keep a backup of guisettings.xml available so you can put it back anytime.

aaronjb Wrote:I wonder if it's a problem specific to the Mac? Maybe even to the Intel GMA chipset in my Mini - I'll give it a bash on my NVidia MBP as well, just in case.

Cheers, i only have a hackingtosh installation to test things, but trying it on the 'real thing' would be much more accurate.

aaronjb Wrote:Oh yes - one last thing Smile Not a usability thing and probably personal taste, but.. I find the switch from the pristine clean 'Movies' background to the post-apocalyptic desolation of the 'TV Shows' background a little jarring. Don't get me wrong, I like both, I just feel like a consistent 'theme' would work better from an aesthetic point of view.

Not that I'm particularly qualified to speak on that level Smile

I know what you mean...it's just that i haven't found a better background for TV Shows yet.
Besides, there's still this topic if you think you can do better ;-)

- aaronjb - 2009-07-26

ronie Wrote:Each time you you enter the home screen, it runs the recently added script to update the 'newly added items' info on the home window. Not sure if this can bork things on the Mac but it might be something to look into.
If you can find a way to reproduce it, simple disable the three recently added options in Skin Settings and see if it fixes the issue.

I'll give that a bash Smile So far it's only happened twice, so it must be something quite obscure indeed.

Quote:I know what you mean...it's just that i haven't found a better background for TV Shows yet.
Besides, there's still this topic if you think you can do better ;-)

That, I think, is unlikely.. I have all the artistic talent of a garden shrub Laugh

- rudeboyx - 2009-07-26

Nice one on the new release. looks awsome. just getting latest SVN of XBMC and il give it a try.

1 question. has the 1st post (Download link) been updated with the little fixes in this thread. (I noticed that you have edited the 1st post today but it dosent say why)

- dynamix - 2009-07-26

ronie Wrote:Each time you you enter the home screen, it runs the recently added script to update the 'newly added items' info on the home window. Not sure if this can bork things on the Mac but it might be something to look into.

The "recently added" module in v0.27a gave a lot of problems on the xbox, that's why i requested it to be switchable in the skin settings. The new optimized code in v1.00 still gives me this behaviour, so i recommend xbox users to always disable the "recently added" module in order to keep a stable xbmc.

@ ronie, v1.00 has become an absolute beauty. The tiny things i've found were reported and fixed already. Man, you are quick!

- m.savazzi - 2009-07-26

ronie Wrote:seems fine to me. is the trailer button enabled in the movie info window ?

No, it does not appear.
Do I have to enable some option?

I do not have it (in any view)... even in slide nor in fanart

ronie Wrote:looks like there's supposed to be either a video or an audio codec icon in the empty space.
are you using native or skin based (.nfo studio hack) flagging ?

Well is a simple video with NO audio track. I think I'm using the native flagging.
I have the extract media information option enabled.

ronie Wrote:yes, use <enable>Skin.HasSetting(foo)</enable> instead of <visible>Skin.HasSetting(foo)</visible> and remove the slide animations you've added to the buttons below.

Kind and precise as usual! It works perfectly!

ronie Wrote:no, that's exactly how it's supposed to be. if you want videos in filemode, you have to select that option.

Perfect!

- junk - 2009-07-26

rudeboyx Wrote:Nice one on the new release. looks awsome. just getting latest SVN of XBMC and il give it a try.

1 question. has the 1st post (Download link) been updated with the little fixes in this thread. (I noticed that you have edited the 1st post today but it dosent say why)

My guess is it has. i downloaded v1.00 about a week ago, and that v1.00 is NOT the same as the current v1.00 =)

I'm having problem with XBMC hanging up when trying to go back to home screen (someone mentioned this before I believe). Will look into it a bit more and see if it's related to the skin or to XBMC.

Also, fanart is not displayed when browsing movies in the new v1.00 (did in the earlier v1.00), but same thing there, don't know if it's skin related or XBMC related.

Anyways, thanks for a GREAT skin!

- dynamix - 2009-07-26

junk Wrote:My guess is it has. i downloaded v1.00 about a week ago, and that v1.00 is NOT the same as the current v1.00 =)

I'm having problem with XBMC hanging up when trying to go back to home screen (someone mentioned this before I believe). Will look into it a bit more and see if it's related to the skin or to XBMC.

Also, fanart is not displayed when browsing movies in the new v1.00 (did in the earlier v1.00), but same thing there, don't know if it's skin related or XBMC related.

What platform you're on?

- ronie - 2009-07-27

rudeboyx Wrote:Nice one on the new release. looks awsome. just getting latest SVN of XBMC and il give it a try.

nope, it's just another download link...that's all.

in a day or two i'll add an update link that will contain all of the fixes so far.

edit:
before anyone starts to panic, that's updates only, not the full skin.

edit again:
modified first post, it now states the reason for my previous editing ;-)

- ronie - 2009-07-27

mfsav2 Wrote:No, it does not appear.
Do I have to enable some option?

nope, for some reason xbmc is not picking up your trailers.
can't help you with that i'm afraid.

mfsav2 Wrote:Well is a simple video with NO audio track. I think I'm using the native flagging.
I have the extract media information option enabled.

yup, that's native.
well there's probably no icon included in the skin for the video codec of that movie...
it's the only reason i can think of why there's an empty space.

- ronie - 2009-07-27

junk Wrote:My guess is it has. i downloaded v1.00 about a week ago, and that v1.00 is NOT the same as the current v1.00 =)

hmmm... Transparency! v1.00 was released two days ago and there's been only one version 1.00 so far. ;-)

junk Wrote:I'm having problem with XBMC hanging up when trying to go back to home screen (someone mentioned this before I believe). Will look into it a bit more and see if it's related to the skin or to XBMC.

cheers, you can disable recently added by going to Settings > Skin Setting > Home window and disable these three options:
- Recently added movies
- Recently added episodes
- Recently added albums

about the fanart not showing up...are you using filemode or library mode ?
are your movies stored on a local or network drive ?
and indeed, platform and xbmc version would be useful info too. :-)

- m.savazzi - 2009-07-27

ronie Wrote:nope, for some reason xbmc is not picking up your trailers.
can't help you with that i'm afraid.

ronie,
do you use trailers? if yes can you give me an example of a folder structure so that I can try to understand what's wrong?

ronie Wrote:yup, that's native.
well there's probably no icon included in the skin for the video codec of that movie...
it's the only reason i can think of why there's an empty space.

the strange thing is that ALL videos (as they are all offline) have exactly the same format as I create all of them in the same way.

in other words
a.i. Artificial Intelligence.offdvd.avi
and
pipp.offdvd.avi

are exactly the same

So there should be something else... how can I investigate it?

Mf

- ronie - 2009-07-27

mfsav2 Wrote:ronie,
do you use trailers?
no.

mfsav2 Wrote:if yes can you give me an example of a folder structure so that I can try to understand what's wrong?
this is what i had, it was just to test the new trailer function and worked fine for me:
Movies/Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire/Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.avi
Movies/Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire/Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire-trailer.avi

mfsav2 Wrote:the strange thing is that ALL videos (as they are all offline) have exactly the same format as I create all of them in the same way.

in other words
a.i. Artificial Intelligence.offdvd.avi
and
pipp.offdvd.avi

are exactly the same

So there should be something else... how can I investigate it?

make a backup of MyVideoNav.xml and replace it with this one MyVideoNav.xml

it'll add some debug info on the screen, so make a few screenshots and post them here.

- cotdagoo - 2009-07-27

any chance of the previous 0.27 version being available for download still? there's been a lot of changes in this release and i didn't back up my transparency folder before installing the new version and just not sure i'm 100% ready to switch to v1.00 yet

- junk - 2009-07-27

dynamix Wrote:What platform you're on?

Sorry for not leaving those details, was a bit tired when I wrote the post if that's a valid excuse...

XBMC: 9.04.2+svn21866-jaunty1 (from PPA)

ronie Wrote:nope, it's just another download link...that's all.

in a day or two i'll add an update link that will contain all of the fixes so far.

edit:
before anyone starts to panic, that's updates only, not the full skin.

edit again:
modified first post, it now states the reason for my previous editing ;-)

ronie Wrote:hmmm... Transparency! v1.00 was released two days ago and there's been only one version 1.00 so far. ;-)

cheers, you can disable recently added by going to Settings > Skin Setting > Home window and disable these three options:
- Recently added movies
- Recently added episodes
- Recently added albums

about the fanart not showing up...are you using filemode or library mode ?
are your movies stored on a local or network drive ?
and indeed, platform and xbmc version would be useful info too. :-)

Strange! I must have got hold of v0.27, because when I downloaded v1.00 ALOT had changed =) New fonts, new nice round corners on GUI-elements, new cool animations, new views, etc.

I did disable those settings as you recommended to the other poster, but same problem. Will dig some more into it and get back to you tonight; it does not happen for TV-shows. Will check if the same thing happens with another skin as well.

About fanart, I'm using the library mode (where I can find all the nice views =)). All files are stored on a local drive. Versions are at the top of this post. It worked nicely on the previous version, only change is I rescanned the library to get the media flags to display correctly. If I access the movie information through the context menu I can see the fanart displayed there, so they have been downloaded. Will dig a bit more into this aswell, might be a setting somewhere...

Thank you for the answers and for making this great skin!

- VanTheMan - 2009-07-27

Everything works like a charm!

Skin really rocks and I am deleting all other skins, no more switching for me Smile

Thanks Ronnie!