Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)

- Nate Dogg III - 2009-07-27

junk Wrote:About fanart, I'm using the library mode (where I can find all the nice views =)). All files are stored on a local drive. Versions are at the top of this post. It worked nicely on the previous version, only change is I rescanned the library to get the media flags to display correctly. If I access the movie information through the context menu I can see the fanart displayed there, so they have been downloaded. Will dig a bit more into this aswell, might be a setting somewhere...

Having this problem too, albeit on Xbox (t3ch 2009-06-27 SVN rev21142) - fanart shows fine in recently added movies in slide view. Movies are in Fanart view and they often don't show unless I scroll up or down through about 20 movies until the background goes black and I know it's trying to load fanart. If I stop and let one load then all others show after that. I'm in the middle of resizing all my fanart to 960x540 to see if that helps.

- ronie - 2009-07-27

Nate Dogg III Wrote:Having this problem too, albeit on Xbox (t3ch 2009-06-27 SVN rev21142) - fanart shows fine in recently added movies in slide view. Movies are in Fanart view and they often don't show unless I scroll up or down through about 20 movies until the background goes black and I know it's trying to load fanart. If I stop and let one load then all others show after that. I'm in the middle of resizing all my fanart to 960x540 to see if that helps.

there are issues with the build you're using, see this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55384

upgrading xbmc to the latest available 'nightly build' should fix your problem.

- ronie - 2009-07-27

cotdagoo Wrote:any chance of the previous 0.27 version being available for download still?

nope, sorry.
there's some code in v0.27 that should never be exposed to the world again. ;-)

- ronie - 2009-07-27

junk Wrote:Strange! I must have got hold of v0.27, because when I downloaded v1.00 ALOT had changed =) New fonts, new nice round corners on GUI-elements, new cool animations, new views, etc.

make sure you didn't install v1.00 on top of 0.27, that would definitely cause errors.

junk Wrote:I did disable those settings as you recommended to the other poster, but same problem. Will dig some more into it and get back to you tonight; it does not happen for TV-shows. Will check if the same thing happens with another skin as well.

About fanart, I'm using the library mode (where I can find all the nice views =)). All files are stored on a local drive. Versions are at the top of this post. It worked nicely on the previous version, only change is I rescanned the library to get the media flags to display correctly. If I access the movie information through the context menu I can see the fanart displayed there, so they have been downloaded. Will dig a bit more into this aswell, might be a setting somewhere...

Thank you for the answers and for making this great skin!

yep, let me know if it also happens in other skins.
if it's a Transparency! only problem, follow these steps:
- enable debug logging (in Settings > System)
- exit xbmc
- start xbmc
- browse your movie library (just a few movies)
- pastebin the log somewhere and i'll have a look.

- cotdagoo - 2009-07-27

ronie Wrote:nope, sorry.
there's some code in v0.27 that should never be exposed to the world again. ;-)

i found a link for 0.27 on google code and will likely be sticking with it. there's just so many differences between the two versions.

thanks tho..

- ronie - 2009-07-27

cotdagoo Wrote:i found a link for 0.27 on google code and will likely be sticking with it. there's just so many differences between the two versions.

my bad, i didn't realize it was still available there, but it is....

- m.savazzi - 2009-07-27

ronie Wrote:no.

this is what i had, it was just to test the new trailer function and worked fine for me:
Movies/Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire/Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.avi
Movies/Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire/Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire-trailer.avi

make a backup of MyVideoNav.xml and replace it with this one MyVideoNav.xml

it'll add some debug info on the screen, so make a few screenshots and post them here.

There should be a bug in the DB management of XBMC.

I deleted the Movies DB, reimported all the info and now it works perfectly!

- m.savazzi - 2009-07-27

Question:
looking at the log I've seen this errors:

Code:
18:58:42 T:9512 M:2418098176   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image special://skin/images/flags/movies/videocodec/fmp4.png
18:58:42 T:9512 M:2418098176   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/images/flags/movies/videocodec/fmp4.png
18:58:46 T:9512 M:2413993984   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image special://skin/images/flags/movies/studio/Zoetrope Studios.png
18:58:46 T:9512 M:2413989888   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/images/flags/movies/studio/Zoetrope Studios.png
18:58:46 T:9512 M:2415525888   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image special://skin/images/flags/movies/studio/Toon City.png
18:58:46 T:9512 M:2415521792   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/images/flags/movies/studio/Toon City.png
18:58:48 T:9512 M:2411098112   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image special://skin/images/flags/movies/studio/Chris Lee Productions.png
18:58:48 T:9512 M:2411098112   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/images/flags/movies/studio/Chris Lee Productions.png

Am I doing something wrong? am I missing some info?

Mf

- ronie - 2009-07-27

mfsav2 Wrote:Question:
looking at the log I've seen this errors:

Code:
18:58:42 T:9512 M:2418098176   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image special://skin/images/flags/movies/videocodec/fmp4.png
18:58:42 T:9512 M:2418098176   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/images/flags/movies/videocodec/fmp4.png
18:58:46 T:9512 M:2413993984   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image special://skin/images/flags/movies/studio/Zoetrope Studios.png
18:58:46 T:9512 M:2413989888   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/images/flags/movies/studio/Zoetrope Studios.png
18:58:46 T:9512 M:2415525888   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image special://skin/images/flags/movies/studio/Toon City.png
18:58:46 T:9512 M:2415521792   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/images/flags/movies/studio/Toon City.png
18:58:48 T:9512 M:2411098112   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image special://skin/images/flags/movies/studio/Chris Lee Productions.png
18:58:48 T:9512 M:2411098112   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/images/flags/movies/studio/Chris Lee Productions.png

Am I doing something wrong? am I missing some info?

Mf

nope, that's just how native media flagging works. it's trying to load a studio icon, but if there's none available it will be logged as an error.

- aart - 2009-07-27

can somebody post this skin to mediafire or something? downloadlink from the first page takes ages to complete... thanks!

- junk - 2009-07-27

ronie Wrote:make sure you didn't install v1.00 on top of 0.27, that would definitely cause errors.

yep, let me know if it also happens in other skins.
if it's a Transparency! only problem, follow these steps:
- enable debug logging (in Settings > System)
- exit xbmc
- start xbmc
- browse your movie library (just a few movies)
- pastebin the log somewhere and i'll have a look.

Nope, did not install on top. Actually, I did a complete removal of both the skin and XBMC, and then re-installed everything. That fixed the problem with the fanart =) I'm now running XBMC r21875.

But the lock up problem (when returning to home screen) does not seem to be with the skin, I tried the PM3 skin and the same thing happened!

Thanks for your help!

Several bugs - Justcop - 2009-07-27

In this view, show thumb is cut off

On home screen only when videos is selected (wide buttons), menu doesn't ppear right, black box and edges missing

- ronie - 2009-07-27

junk Wrote:Nope, did not install on top. Actually, I did a complete removal of both the skin and XBMC, and then re-installed everything. That fixed the problem with the fanart =) I'm now running XBMC r21875.

But the lock up problem (when returning to home screen) does not seem to be with the skin, I tried the PM3 skin and the same thing happened!

Thanks for your help!

thanx! i'm glad to know it's not something to do with Transparency!

- ronie - 2009-07-27

aart Wrote:can somebody post this skin to mediafire or something? downloadlink from the first page takes ages to complete... thanks!

usually the link on the frontpage is pretty fast (and still is for me at moment of writing),
but here's a link to mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zueudyhnhn4

- aaronjb - 2009-07-27

As an update; I see someone else mentioned the hanging thing..

I nuked my old SVN build of XBMC (kept my userdata directory, though) and installed a brand new SVN build (I always build 'em myself) and I haven't had the problem since.. so perhaps there was a tweak in the skinning engine I was missing.

On another note - someone else mentioned occasionally that the background to the settings screen disappears? That happened to me the other day - it just.. goes away. Odd, but I can't reliably reproduce it either Sad

One thing I can reproduce (and it was a problem in v0.27 too) is if I do this:

Settings->Videos->Player->Configure audio hardware..

Instead of going to the audio hardware page it takes me to the 'Enable debug logging/Shutdown function timer/Shutdown function' page, which is actually under Settings->System->Hardware.

Odd.. and I always have to switch back to PM3.HD to get to the Audio settings page.

Minor niggle, in the grand scheme of things Smile

(I just tried out the in-page trailers.. Ooh.. nice!)