Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)

- ronie - 2009-07-27

Justcop Wrote:Image
In this view, show thumb is cut off

thanx, i thought all the tv show banners were pretty much the same size, but apparently not.
i'll what happens if i respect the aspect-ratio or stretch the image.

Justcop Wrote:On home screen only when videos is selected (wide buttons), menu doesn't ppear right, black box and edges missing

could you please elaborate...besides using a 720p skin on 4x3 screen with a terrible overscan, i don't really see what's missing there ?

- junk - 2009-07-27

aaronjb Wrote:As an update; I see someone else mentioned the hanging thing..

I nuked my old SVN build of XBMC (kept my userdata directory, though) and installed a brand new SVN build (I always build 'em myself) and I haven't had the problem since.. so perhaps there was a tweak in the skinning engine I was missing.

I did a complete removal through Synaptic Package Manager, went and removed all userdata files, re-installed and re-scanned the whole library. Still lock ups on all skins... perhaps with my luck I should stick to released versions Wink

- ronie - 2009-07-27

aaronjb Wrote:As an update; I see someone else mentioned the hanging thing..

I nuked my old SVN build of XBMC (kept my userdata directory, though) and installed a brand new SVN build (I always build 'em myself) and I haven't had the problem since.. so perhaps there was a tweak in the skinning engine I was missing.

cheers, please let me know in case the issue returns.

aaronjb Wrote:On another note - someone else mentioned occasionally that the background to the settings screen disappears? That happened to me the other day - it just.. goes away. Odd, but I can't reliably reproduce it either Sad

One thing I can reproduce (and it was a problem in v0.27 too) is if I do this:

Settings->Videos->Player->Configure audio hardware..

Instead of going to the audio hardware page it takes me to the 'Enable debug logging/Shutdown function timer/Shutdown function' page, which is actually under Settings->System->Hardware.

great, that was really helpful and luckily easy to fix. i've made two other similar fixes in settings and skin settings, so maybe (let's hope) they were responsible for the black background issue and empty skin settings panel too.

i'll upload a combined fixes pack tomorrow.

- aart - 2009-07-27

ronie Wrote:usually the link on the frontpage is pretty fast (and still is for me at moment of writing),
but here's a link to mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zueudyhnhn4

Thanks man.

Awesome Job! - whipper - 2009-07-27

Hi Ronie this is really awesome! I thought 0.27 was good but this blows that away. Great colours, fonts etc! Thanks for the slide view in movies very similar to what I requested when you first released Transparency!

One small prob I have and i'm not sure if its a bug. In slide view I can't slide the DVD cases so which ever one I was on in Fanart is the main one and can't be changed? Is it me or something else?

Thanks again

- ronie - 2009-07-27

whipper Wrote:Hi Ronie this is really awesome! I thought 0.27 was good but this blows that away. Great colours, fonts etc! Thanks for the slide view in movies very similar to what I requested when you first released Transparency!

yep, i remember. sorry it took so long.
i needed some to to figure out how to properly use those animations in xbmc.

whipper Wrote:One small prob I have and i'm not sure if its a bug. In slide view I can't slide the DVD cases so which ever one I was on in Fanart is the main one and can't be changed? Is it me or something else?

Thanks again

nah, it's a bug, it'll only work with a keyboard or remote at the moment.
i've already fixed it, so it'll be in the update pack i'm gonna post tomorrow.

- ronie - 2009-07-27

junk Wrote:I did a complete removal through Synaptic Package Manager, went and removed all userdata files, re-installed and re-scanned the whole library. Still lock ups on all skins... perhaps with my luck I should stick to released versions Wink

you can always post a debug log to the linux forum.
maybe somebody there has a clue what's going wrong

- Try4Ce - 2009-07-28

Holy... v1.00 out eh? totally missed that one out, loved 0.27 already, this looks kickass! downloading now, really love the updates and improvements. could be my aeon replacement Smile

Slide performance - m.savazzi - 2009-07-28

When I activate slide the performace gots very very bad and it takes even 1 second to switch from one movie to the other.

It does not happen with Fanart or others.

how can I "debug" it ? is it normal?

It is XBMC latest SVN on x64 windows.

Mf

EDIT: in fullscreen mode it does not happen

- whufclee - 2009-07-28

First off I just want to say what a brilliant skin. I've been updating xbmc with the latest builds for some time now but hadn't really messed about with new skins - tried a few but always ended up coming back to good old PM3.HD. I've been thinking for a few months PM3.HD could do with a revamp and omg this has certainly done that! Love the Slide View in movies - and I agree with an earlier post that if it could also have the trailer button that would be perfect.

I've been struggling to get the flagging working on my films, is there any tips? Should I have the metatag setting on in settings? A handful of movies have the flags but the rest don't seem to be scanning in (they are showing up with fanart and everything but no flags) - I'm using latest nightly build on xbox if that helps. All my TV shows have scanned in perfectly.

One other thing, I was having the problem of the skin settings menu not being visible but I since swapped over to PM3.HD and then removed Transparency! (FTP from PC) then reinstalled a fresh copy of Transparency I haven't had the problem... yet!!

Oh just one more thing... not much of my music has any fanart, can anyone recommend a good place to get it from and what size/resolution would be best for xbox? Thanks in advance and great work team.

- ronie - 2009-07-28

mfsav2 Wrote:When I activate slide the performace gots very very bad and it takes even 1 second to switch from one movie to the other.

It does not happen with Fanart or others.

how can I "debug" it ? is it normal?

It is XBMC latest SVN on x64 windows.

Mf

EDIT: in fullscreen mode it does not happen

since it's working in fullscreen, i suppose it's some windows x64 bug.

- ronie - 2009-07-28

whufclee Wrote:I've been struggling to get the flagging working on my films, is there any tips? Should I have the metatag setting on in settings? A handful of movies have the flags but the rest don't seem to be scanning in (they are showing up with fanart and everything but no flags) - I'm using latest nightly build on xbox if that helps.

last time i checked, native media flagging was not supported on the xbox.
work is being done on it and there's a test build available on the 'xbmc nightly builds' site.
before rushing into it, you really should read this thread first: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53618&page=11, cause there may be some complications.

whufclee Wrote:Oh just one more thing... not much of my music has any fanart, can anyone recommend a good place to get it from and what size/resolution would be best for xbox? Thanks in advance and great work team.

both the allmusic and the discogs scraper in xbmc will fetch the fanart for you (if available). if you prefer to use a media manager, Media Info Plus can do this to.

and there's always the manual way:
http://htbackdrops.com/
http://www.bandswallpapers.com/

i'm not an xbox user, so can't really answer the size question.

- whufclee - 2009-07-28

Ronie, thanks for the quick reply - yes I'm using the xbox patched version which is using flagging so maybe it's a glitch with the test build of xbmc. Allmusic didn't seem to find much fanart for my music library, I musst admit I do have a rather weird eclectic taste in music so that could well be the problem - it's probably not all that mainstream! I'll try the manual method, cheers.

- The-Boxhead - 2009-07-28

Great work Ronnie !

small question
when i play music the wallpaper on my homescreen
gets replaced with the currently playing album art - scaled to fit
the entire homepage. Dont know if this is a bug, but i cant find
out how to disable that function- been searching trough xml files and skin settings but cant find anything.

- Burncycle - 2009-07-28

Congrats Ronnie! The skin looks really nice. Let me know if you ever need any more design help. Nod