Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Remote for Android - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for Android Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+---- Thread: XBMC Remote for Android (/showthread.php?tid=55346)

- StarChild - 2009-10-12

It seems that when i hit "Zeroconf" it cant connect and freezes.
Android gives me this message "Sorry! Activity XBMC Remote (in application XBMC Remote) is not responding. [Force Close] [Wait]"

If I press "Wait", this come up after a while;
"Sorry! The application XBMC Remote (process org.xbmc.android.remote) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. [Force Close]"

//StarChild

- freezy - 2009-10-12

D'oh, will remove zeroconf until it's 100% tested and stable.

- us1111 - 2009-10-12

freezy Wrote:Grey? Can you post a screenshot? If you have covers in your mp3 tags they should show up. If not, only folder.jpg or library scans probably not, in this case you'll have to wait for an update, it's in the works, there's already a ticket for that.

Uhm.. They are actually the same as these:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=417090&postcount=251

So that's my bad then (again), I thought it should be the interface as on post #1...

What's also noticable is the different "filebrowsers". When I start xbmcremote, I get the nice browser with the "sense look" at the bottom and the red logos for directories/files.

When however i choose Music from within the remote view, i get the old standard android browser.

Is this behaviour as planned?

- topfs2 - 2009-10-12

us1111 Wrote:Is this behaviour as planned?
You cought a bug, please post on the issue tracker

- freezy - 2009-10-12

Yeah that's the old code which is going to be replaced one day. A ticket can't hurt though Smile

- seaweeduk - 2009-10-12

topfs2 Wrote:I like this idea, will put it in feature requests.

Smile Just wish I was good enough to code it myself but I'm still getting to grips with java and android itself.

I think the top right corner of the remote would probably be the best place for it without messing up the current beautiful UI too much, not sure if it'd fit in the landscape mode but I use the remote mostly in portrait anyway.

Keep up the great work guys I'll do my best to report any problems to the google code page.

- seaweeduk - 2009-10-12

All of my music library contents are correctly listed in the remote, however if I select a particular artist from the list I see the following behaviour

XBMC displays the progress circle in the top right for a while and the remote will pause for around 10 seconds before displaying a Socket Timeout error, the progress circle on XBMC eventually disappears but the remote never displays the list of albums.

My media is stored on my server which my xbox accesses by a network file share, just wondered if there was a chance something could simply be timing out because of the extra time required to retrieve the necessary info compared to a more standard XBMC setup where the media is stored on the device in question.

The albums list on the remote works although only 300 of my albums are listed, the songs are correctly retrieved when selecting one and I am able to play them, genres view also appears fine it just seems to be artists I'm having the socket timeout problem with.

- us1111 - 2009-10-12

freezy Wrote:Yeah that's the old code which is going to be replaced one day. A ticket can't hurt though Smile

Posted 2 tickets, if you need more information, please let me know how I can help!

- freezy - 2009-10-12

seaweeduk Wrote:All of my music library contents are correctly listed in the remote, however if I select a particular artist from the list I see the following behaviour

XBMC displays the progress circle in the top right for a while and the remote will pause for around 10 seconds before displaying a Socket Timeout error, the progress circle on XBMC eventually disappears but the remote never displays the list of albums.

My media is stored on my server which my xbox accesses by a network file share, just wondered if there was a chance something could simply be timing out because of the extra time required to retrieve the necessary info compared to a more standard XBMC setup where the media is stored on the device in question.

The albums list on the remote works although only 300 of my albums are listed, the songs are correctly retrieved when selecting one and I am able to play them, genres view also appears fine it just seems to be artists I'm having the socket timeout problem with.

Progress circle? That's something I'd like to see.

Long responses can be a problem and the query you mentioned is indeed pretty expensive. I'm gonna test that with my old xbox at home (never did, actually). One solution would be to increase the timeout (or make it customizable at least). How long does it take for instance to just load the albums (first screen when you enter the music library)?

- seaweeduk - 2009-10-12

freezy Wrote:Progress circle? That's something I'd like to see.

Long responses can be a problem and the query you mentioned is indeed pretty expensive. I'm gonna test that with my old xbox at home (never did, actually). One solution would be to increase the timeout (or make it customizable at least). How long does it take for instance to just load the albums (first screen when you enter the music library)?

The albums list takes 1-2 seconds maximum to load (I'm assuming you mean on the android remote and not the xbox itself) although it is only loading 300 albums rather than my whole collection.

Everything in general other than selecting an artist does seem very snappy as far as load times go and that's with a pretty substantial collection of music. The other views never require anything I would really call a delay before they load all the info just a very brief pause. The list of artists itself also loads very quickly just seems to have problems when selecting an artist.

- freezy - 2009-10-12

Uploaded a new version. Removed the zeroconf stuff and did some more changes in the cover department. Those who had connection problems please test this version and tell me if it works better. Crashes and bugfixes as always welcome. This is bleeding edge by the way.

Download v0.5.2

Update: 0.5.2 makes Album by genre/artist work again and adds fast scrollers to all lists.

- seaweeduk - 2009-10-13

freezy Wrote:Uploaded a new version. Removed the zeroconf stuff and did some more changes in the cover department. Those who had connection problems please test this version and tell me if it works better. Crashes and bugfixes as always welcome. This is bleeding edge by the way.

Download v0.5.2

Update: 0.5.2 makes Album by genre/artist work again and adds fast scrollers to all lists.

Using 0.5.2 I'm getting the same socket timeout reported earlier now with the albums and genre views, and also the main artists list (no longer only when selecting an artist from the artists list).

I noticed the socket timeout will show after around 5 seconds or so whereas the progress circle in the top right of XBMC will stay present for around 10 seconds +

Let me know anything more I can do to help troubleshoot, I'll open an issue over on the google code page tomorrow.

edit: after initially failing due to socket timeout the artists and genres lists are now loading if I reboot the xbox they will again fail initially and then sometimes work on the second or third attempt although not consistently. The artists list is still having the same problem as earlier however and the albums list no longer loads at all guessing maybe because it might be loading all albums instead of just the first 300.

- Ibsta - 2009-10-13

Hey Freezy thanks for that. I did enable the event server but not sure if i have the "Allow other computer to connect" option enabled. will check when i get home tonight and will endevour to add to your issue tracker if it doesnt solve the problem.

thanks for the reply Smile

cheers

- Ibsta - 2009-10-13

Freezy

I enabled "Allow other computer to connect" on the event server. i can now use the remote and the volume control works fine too. thanks for that.

the system and XBMC still crash however, when i access Music but i guess this is due to the cover art issue mentioned in other posts

fyi, the version of the app i am using is 0.5

anyway thanks for your response.

cheers

- StarChild - 2009-10-13

in 0.5.2 it doesn't freeze on connect with wrong settings. thanx!
The remote control works better in this release to.
But I get socket timeout when entering the Music section (but not in videos) and XBMC freezes.
And the remote crash when someone calls Smile

//StarChild
HTC Magic Android 1.5