Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Remote for Android - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for Android Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+---- Thread: XBMC Remote for Android (/showthread.php?tid=55346)

- StarChild - 2009-10-13

seaweeduk Wrote:I don't mean scroll down using the on screen buttons I mean open the remote UI and scroll down on the phones trackball, doesn't matter what XBMC is doing at the time seems to always move the entire interface down on my phone as well as registering the scrolling on XBMC.

Ok. I cant see that problem here on my phone. But I can see that the main-menu selection color isn't quite the right size on. Maybe the size on the menu selection have something to do with it.
In the submenu Movie the selection size is right.

EDIT: Ok, now I see it. It appears when u scroll with the trackball in the "Remote Control" menu, right? Didn't understand you there. There's a 10-20px glitch at the top of the remote.

//StarChild

- seaweeduk - 2009-10-13

StarChild Wrote:Ok. I cant see that problem here on my phone. But I can see that the main-menu selection color isn't quite the right size on. Maybe the size on the menu selection have something to do with it.
In the submenu Movie the selection size is right.

EDIT: Ok, now I see it. It appears also if you enter "Remote Control" with a click on the trackball right? Theres a 10-20px glitch at the top of the remote.

//StarChild

Ah yeah it does indeed seem to cause the same problem if you click the remote control option using the trackball.

I don't really tend to use the trackball so I had only noticed it before when accidentally scrolling down whilst already in the remote view.

- freezy - 2009-10-13

seaweeduk Wrote:Anyone else see this behaviour? I've been noticing it on my phone in past versions too but only just realised what was causing it.

- Open the remote
- Scroll down on the trackball
- As well as registering these down clicks the whole UI will move down by about 10-20 pixels and stay static there until you leave the remote view and enter it again.

Just a small bug but I have noticed it on every version of the remote on my G1.

Ticket, please! Noticed too.

Update: Sorry, just noticed that you did post a ticket. You have the right to ignore this post. Wink

- freezy - 2009-10-13

StarChild Wrote:Scroll down where?

@freezy: the remote doesn't try to load all the music albums at once when entering the Music section, does it?
I have this feature on my phone "USB debugging - Debugg mode when USB is connected".
I don't know what it is for, but maybe it could help you with a debug log if I can understand how it works?
By the way are your phones rooted? Maybe there is any limitations in a non rooted phone? Just a thought.

/StarChild
Yeah that'd be great. Download the SDK, unpack it somewhere, then go to tools and run ddms.bat. In the lower part you should have a log. That'd be interesting. Smile Drivers for your phone must be installed and it obviously must be connected via USB.

BTW: No, my phone is not rooted. Shouldn't make any difference.

- StarChild - 2009-10-13

freezy Wrote:Yeah that'd be great. Download the SDK, unpack it somewhere, then go to tools and run ddms.bat. In the lower part you should have a log. That'd be interesting. Smile Drivers for your phone must be installed and it obviously must be connected via USB.

Does it work to use Android 1.6 SDK to a Android 1.5 phone?

About the "Socket timeout error when entering the Music menu, and XBMC freezes" problem.
I've tested with some different versions:
0.3.5.1 works
0.4 works
0.4.1 cant tell because it crash on start.
0.5, 0.5.1, 0.5.2, 0.5.3 don't work.

//StarChild

- freezy - 2009-10-13

Shouldn't matter which version but use 1.5 to be on the safe side.

0.3.5.1 gets you into file mode of the music library, right? That's supposed to work in any case. Seems more like there's a problem with the SQL query that is sent to XBMC.

- seaweeduk - 2009-10-13

freezy Wrote:Shouldn't matter which version but use 1.5 to be on the safe side.

0.3.5.1 gets you into file mode of the music library, right? That's supposed to work in any case. Seems more like there's a problem with the SQL query that is sent to XBMC.

Correct I think the socket timeout problem has only been present since moving to using the library

I would guess StarChild is having problems because of the size of his library, whereas myself a combination of the size of library and the time it takes the xbox to execute the queries themselves.

- StarChild - 2009-10-13

Isn't 0.4 using the library to? It worked there.

ddms.bat says:
SWT folder '' does not exist.
Please set ANDROID_SWT to point to the folder containing swt.jar for your platform.

Do I need java SDK to?

- seaweeduk - 2009-10-13

freezy Wrote:Yeah that'd be great. Download the SDK, unpack it somewhere, then go to tools and run ddms.bat. In the lower part you should have a log. That'd be interesting. Smile Drivers for your phone must be installed and it obviously must be connected via USB.

Here's a debugging log of the albums socket timeout error, let me know if it helps to have a copy of the other views too and I'll upload

http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?dl=f606c6a13

- mikkle - 2009-10-13

seaweeduk Wrote:Here's a debugging log of the albums socket timeout error, let me know if it helps to have a copy of the other views too and I'll upload http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?dl=f606c6a13

Just had a quick look at Connection.java...
CONNECTION_TIMEOUT is set to 10 seconds...
@freezy: How about boinking it up to, say, 30 seconds in an interim build, just to see if that's enough to handle this quite large library on the quite not-so-fast-ish Xbox?

This may actually turn out to be a major problem for any app on any platform communicating with XBM on an XBox through the HttpApi...
Maybe we shold make a feature request for an Asynchronous HttpApi in XBMC... :]

:O) Mikkle

- the_alien - 2009-10-13

We could add an option to let you set the timeout, this way you will see how long the query will take. Otherwise we would just see, that it takes longer then 30 seconds, or that it is somewhere between 10 and 30 seconds Wink

- seaweeduk - 2009-10-13

the_alien Wrote:We could add an option to let you set the timeout, this way you will see how long the query will take. Otherwise we would just see, that it takes longer then 30 seconds, or that it is somewhere between 10 and 30 seconds Wink

assuming the progress circle on my XBMC is disappearing when the query completes its taking about 25 seconds to finish on my xbox

- StarChild - 2009-10-13

Debug Log http://pastebin.ca/1618142

- mikkle - 2009-10-14

the_alien Wrote:We could add an option to let you set the timeout, this way you will see how long the query will take. Otherwise we would just see, that it takes longer then 30 seconds, or that it is somewhere between 10 and 30 seconds Wink

True, true :]

I've submitted a patch to issue #32.
It's a sort of compromise - it diables the timeouts by setting it to zero, and it logs the time it takes "openConnection()" to return.

(btw. seems like both connectiontimeout and readtimeout defaults to zero - at least on the android emulator).

- seaweeduk - 2009-10-14

mikkle Wrote:True, true :]

I've submitted a patch to issue #32.
It's a sort of compromise - it diables the timeouts by setting it to zero, and it logs the time it takes "openConnection()" to return.

(btw. seems like both connectiontimeout and readtimeout defaults to zero - at least on the android emulator).

thanks for the speedy work, I'm ready to post a log once an apk is available with the patch