Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Remote for Android - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for Android Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+---- Thread: XBMC Remote for Android (/showthread.php?tid=55346)

- freezy - 2009-10-14

Was occupied with other stuff:

Will look at the diff and compile a new build later today or tomorrow.

- ccMatrix - 2009-10-14

freezy Wrote:Was occupied with other stuff:

Will look at the diff and compile a new build later today or tomorrow.

Wow, that is amazing. Is this also limited to music for now or already displaying information for episodes and movies?

- freezy - 2009-10-14

Limited to music for now. Stuff passes by an interface so I have to implement it for movies yet, which is not a huge task, but probably some design updates are needed too due to different poster size etc, so I'll do that once everything is stable.

- Waffa - 2009-10-14

Very nice updates lately.Nod
Hadn't got the time to test properly but can say that it cached all my albums thumbs.Big Grin
But in remote, screen still goes down a little when I use scrolball.(Which is imo to sensitive)
If I press menu screen goes up again and after that it's ok to use scrollball.Oo

Hey freezy how did you get the black top bar..
I really don't like the default grey. Black looks nice with xbmc remote.

- mikkle - 2009-10-14

freezy Wrote:New version. Changes:
Fixed: Play and Queue do it correctly now, not just the first song.

freezy, is it by intention that "queue song" queues the whole album and then sets the playlist position to the selected song?

IMHO "queue song" should do exactly that - append the song to the end of an existing playlist, or star a new playlist if that's the case.

As far as I can tell from a quick look atMusicWrapper, something similar is going on for genre/artist groupings as well...

So, basically, is this intentional? should I create an issue on it?
- I'd be more than willing to cook up some MusicWrapper rework. :]

:O) Mikkle

- StarChild - 2009-10-14

I moved my library and made a new one with 170 albums and it worked better then.

Should the picture-menu show work? It doesn't work here.

//StarChild

- freezy - 2009-10-14

@Waffa: The black top bar comes with the standard Hero customizations from HTC. But there are ROMs out with a similar look.

@Mikkle: Well it depends from where it's called. Typically if there's nothing in the playlist and you queue the song, it queues the album and jumps to the song. If there are already songs queued, it should only add the song. I thought i tested that. Can you give me a scenario where it works differently? Parameters are from where you queue the song and status of the playlist and play status (stopped, playing).

@StarChild: Still haven't had the time to test it with my Xbox but it seems now obvious that it's a problem related to Xbox performance. I'll figure something out. I'll probably add Mikkle's patch first to have some proof, then maybe the query can be optimized. How long does it take on the Xbox to list all your albums in library mode?

- StarChild - 2009-10-14

freezy Wrote:@StarChild: Still haven't had the time to test it with my Xbox but it seems now obvious that it's a problem related to Xbox performance. I'll figure something out. I'll probably add Mikkle's patch first to have some proof, then maybe the query can be optimized. How long does it take on the Xbox to list all your albums in library mode?
I don't use xbox, I use Windows 7. For the large library it doesn't load at all. For this new lite 170 album it takes a second or so.

//StarChild

- mikkle - 2009-10-14

Hmmm... I can't re-create the scenario now (of course ;-)
I think what had me confused was the initial queueing of an entire album when I chose "queue song". - I panic'ed because "next" didn't give me the next song I queued.
Makes sense because the whole first album got queued.
I still don't think this behaviour is the best solution. I just checked that if you "queue song" in XBMC just using the remote, only the actual song makes it onto the playlist. I think the Music views on the android-remote should implement the same behaviour.
Am I being a nitpicker? :o

- StarChild - 2009-10-14

Does the Picture menu works for you folks?
//StarChild

- mikkle - 2009-10-15

StarChild Wrote:Does the Picture menu works for you folks?
//StarChild

Nope.
I believe it will, eventually. Focus seems to be on the Music library, since that's what gives the most "value"; you can use it without having your tv on. Video and Pictures sort of require you to look at the tv, and then you can just as easily use the remote view ;-)

I suspect freezy and topfs2 would be happy if you opened an issue on the project site :]

- StarChild - 2009-10-15

@Mikkle: Ok. Issue reported

A lite version number somewhere or a About page somewhere would be nice.

//StarChild

- freezy - 2009-10-15

Added: Socket timeout now in preferences. Note that this is the RESPONSE timeout, the actual connection timeout is set to 1 second. Set to 0 for infinite timeout.
Added: Pimped up GUI for "Now playing" (screenshots see above)
Added: Debug info in console for HTTP Connection.

Download v0.5.5

Update: v0.5.5 Added some more debug info to the log. Those who already installed v0.5.4, please uninstall it before installing v0.5.5 because I messed up the version counter and you may run into problems later when you don't uninstall it properly. Sorry about that.

- seaweeduk - 2009-10-15

Thanks for the update the new now playing window looks really great, unfortunately I'm still seeing the same problems with my xbox even with a timeout of 0 seconds.

Here is a log of me cycling through the views, the file view is working fine timeout on the others

http://pastebin.com/d6094a413

I'm beginning to think something is going wrong on the xbox side and the query isn't running properly, video playback gets really laggy if I let the remote time out a few times and then try and watch anything, even after a few minutes have passed until I restart xbmc.

Just going to look into the logs on the xbox see if they turn anything up

edit:

Only this in xbmc.log, anyway to enable more detailed logging?

13:04:56 M: 35885056 NOTICE: ES: Incoming connection from Android XBMC Remote

13:05:57 M: 36577280 NOTICE: ES: Client Android XBMC Remote from 192.168.2.8 timed out

- the_alien - 2009-10-15

#
10-15 17:31:52.357: INFO/Connection(9641): DOWNLOADED: 9837ms (QueryMusicDatabase(SELECT idGenre, strGenre FROM genre ORDER BY strGenre))

Just downloading all genres takes nearly 10 seconds. If there is a huge library I can't guess how long that would take to be downloaded... Will try to recreate the problem when i get my xBox back.