Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Remote for Android - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for Android Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+---- Thread: XBMC Remote for Android (/showthread.php?tid=55346)

- ccMatrix - 2009-10-23

Cool addition. The slider works a bit odd for me. When I am at Artists and want to move to Albums and use my thumb (left hand) to move it, it moves about half-way towards Album but then doesn't switch to Album. Same goes for switching from Compilation to Files mode. I think it has something to do with the speed of dragging. Slow drags work but a bit faster/normal speed drags don't work to just switch to the first/last item.

Also would it be possible to have trackball left/right always scroll to the next/previous mode? This would make navigation with the trackball easier. It seems to work as long as the list isn't populated but then all commands seem to be captured by the list.

I also noticed that the background of the slider can be dragged as well which is really odd Wink

All on HTC Magic Android 1.6

- StarChild - 2009-10-23

About the fast-scroll-button. Also display first character/letter in the display when using the fast-scroll-button to easier navigate large library. As it is in the phone book to.

- seaweeduk - 2009-10-23

A slider to the now playing screen would be cool, might mean moving the playing controls to the top of the screen though...

- infernix - 2009-10-23

Here's an idea.

Add support for being able to play URLs. This could start with a text input box in which one could paste an URL, but could perhaps be extended to support filetypes. So for example, when in the browser and clicking on a link (say .mkv, .mov, .mp4 or even youtube videos) you'd get a dialog to play it with the Video player, Youtube player or XBMC Remote. Then just pass this URL to a running XBMC instance and tadaa, you have yourself a very handy way to watch video content in any links/feeds you view on your Android device.

I'm not really sure if the URL to the file is available in this function but it should be, and if so it should be possible to feed that to XBMC. Right? Cool

- seaweeduk - 2009-10-23

infernix Wrote:Here's an idea.

Add support for being able to play URLs. This could start with a text input box in which one could paste an URL, but could perhaps be extended to support filetypes. So for example, when in the browser and clicking on a link (say .mkv, .mov, .mp4 or even youtube videos) you'd get a dialog to play it with the Video player, Youtube player or XBMC Remote. Then just pass this URL to a running XBMC instance and tadaa, you have yourself a very handy way to watch video content in any links/feeds you view on your Android device.

I'm not really sure if the URL to the file is available in this function but it should be, and if so it should be possible to feed that to XBMC. Right? Cool

Oh snap this would be awesome if possible Cool

- StarChild - 2009-10-23

seaweeduk Wrote:A slider to the now playing screen would be cool, might mean moving the playing controls to the top of the screen though...
Or just move it 20px up.

- freezy - 2009-10-23

seaweeduk Wrote:A slider to the now playing screen would be cool, might mean moving the playing controls to the top of the screen though...

A slider? For what? Seeking? You can already slide the current one, you know.

- freezy - 2009-10-23

Gotta do some research, but granted, that's a nice idea! Can you post a ticket for this one please?

- freezy - 2009-10-23

ccMatrix Wrote:Cool addition. The slider works a bit odd for me. When I am at Artists and want to move to Albums and use my thumb (left hand) to move it, it moves about half-way towards Album but then doesn't switch to Album. Same goes for switching from Compilation to Files mode. I think it has something to do with the speed of dragging. Slow drags work but a bit faster/normal speed drags don't work to just switch to the first/last item.
Hmm. You can just tap on the icons too. That work better?

ccMatrix Wrote:Also would it be possible to have trackball left/right always scroll to the next/previous mode? This would make navigation with the trackball easier. It seems to work as long as the list isn't populated but then all commands seem to be captured by the list.
Yeah, working on that.

ccMatrix Wrote:I also noticed that the background of the slider can be dragged as well which is really odd Wink
Yes, known bug. Gotta stop that ScrollingView from moving Tongue

- StarChild - 2009-10-23

freezy Wrote:A slider? For what? Seeking? You already slide the current one, you know.
I think he means like the android status bar, but with "Now Playing: name" and from the bottom, to access the Now Playing page from everywhere. We talked about that earlier.

About 0.5.10 it has a lite GUI problem

..and a problem when you press any album to listen to it. the app freezes for a while and nothing happens.

- freezy - 2009-10-23

StarChild Wrote:I think he means like the android status bar, but with "Now Playing: name" and from the bottom, to access the Now Playing page from everywhere. We talked about that earlier.
Don't get it. I let you guys create a ticket with a decent description Wink

StarChild Wrote:About 0.5.10 it has a lite GUI problem
..and a problem when you press any album to listen to it. the app freezes for a while and nothing happens.
It needs a while to add all songs. Working on a progress dialog. However it shouldn't freeze. Does it ANR?

- ccMatrix - 2009-10-23

This could be possible with an intent-filter. I don't think it would require any specific UI element. XBMC Remote would probably have to add the intents to listen for and then execute the forwarding to XBMC.

I guess something like this might enable XBMC Remote for video, audio and image files.

Code:
<intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW" />
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE" />
    <data android:scheme="file" />
    <data android:mimeType="video/*" />
    <data android:mimeType="audio/*" />
    <data android:mimeType="image/*" />
    <data android:pathPattern="*.*" />
</intent-filter>

- freezy - 2009-10-23

Too bad I'm going a week on vacation tomorrow, that sounds like fun coding Smile

- seaweeduk - 2009-10-23

freezy Wrote:Don't get it. I let you guys create a ticket with a decent description Wink

I'll create one now I meant move the now playing screen into a slider option like all the others, less menus and makes it easier to go from now playing to the songs listing again.

- StarChild - 2009-10-23

freezy Wrote:Don't get it. I let you guys create a ticket with a decent description Wink
Ok. At the the top in Android you got a status bar that you can scroll down when grab it and drag it down, right?

What we meant is a "Now Playing : songname"-bar at the bottom in the app, that displays what is playing right now. When you grab the bar and drag it upwards, you shold come to the full-size Now Playing page.

Just let me now if I need to explain it better.

freezy Wrote:It needs a while to add all songs. Working on a progress dialog. However it shouldn't freeze. Does it ANR?
What is ANR? Smile

freezy Wrote:Too bad I'm going a week on vacation tomorrow, that sounds like fun coding
Sweet Wink

//Regards StarChild