Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Remote for Android - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for Android Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+---- Thread: XBMC Remote for Android (/showthread.php?tid=55346)

- Kytrix - 2009-10-31

This apps is ANSOME !
I try so much before find this one !!

a touchpad mode could also be usefull
implementation of library mode with fan-art, pictures and resume would be HUGE !
like this iphone apps:
http://remote.collect3.com.au/

- the_alien - 2009-10-31

Hi Kytrix,

thanks for the kind words Smile
Lib mode with fan-art is the movie lib i guess, thats the next step after finishing the music lib. This app is still under heavy development, so check back from time to time and get up to date and post bugs on the google code issue tracker if you discover one.

- Halibutt - 2009-11-01

the_alien Wrote:Halibutt: Get yourself an Android phone and be happy Wink (on some WM devices like HTC Touch Pro you can run Android from your SD card)
Sadly, Android won't handle my contacts list. Been there, done that, it's too big. But you can't have everything right? I bet my next phone will have it.
Cheers

- topfs2 - 2009-11-01

Halibutt Wrote:Sadly, Android won't handle my contacts list. Been there, done that, it's too big. But you can't have everything right? I bet my next phone will have it.
Cheers

Think they fixed that in 1.5, atleast afaik they now recreate the list items on the fly so it's no diff if the list is 10 long or 1000000000000000 long.

- freezy - 2009-11-02

Welcome mikkle as commiter Smile

- StarChild - 2009-11-02

@seaweeduk: Ok, thanks

@mikkle: Sweet Smile

- colm - 2009-11-02

this app is nothing short of awesome!

I had setup xbmc on a pc and been using wireless keyboard and mouse with only limited success due to the infrared not working thru the walls!

No more.....thanks to this app my pc, tv and g1 all live happily ever after.

Cheers guys....best android app so far!

- freezy - 2009-11-03

Added: Pressing a key on the (hard) keyboard jumps to the letter in music library
Added: Very basic menus to music library views (more to come)
Added: "Play" in music library switches to "Now playing" screen
Added: Larger fast scrollbar handle
Added: Very primitive version of playlist screen. Lots of stuff not working yet, however it should not crash. Status on proper implementation mainly depends on this.
Fixed: Queue and play queries should now be faster and not crash anymore. Please test!
Fixed: Bug in SMS/call notification
Fixed: Sorting is now case insensitive

Download v0.5.11

Please everyone who had XBMC crashes (or shutdowns): Please test with this version and report back. Also test if the correct songs are queued in the library since most of the code changed.

Cheers and enjoy!

- colm - 2009-11-03

freezy Wrote:Added: Pressing a key on the (hard) keyboard jumps to the letter in music library
Added: Very basic menus to music library views (more to come)
Added: "Play" in music library switches to "Now playing" screen
Added: Larger fast scrollbar handle
Added: Very primitive version of playlist screen. Lots of stuff not working yet, however it should not crash. Status on proper implementation mainly depends on this.
Fixed: Queue and play queries should now be faster and not crash anymore. Please test!
Fixed: Bug in SMS/call notification
Fixed: Sorting is now case insensitive

Download v0.5.11

Please everyone who had XBMC crashes (or shutdowns): Please test with this version and report back. Also test if the correct songs are queued in the library since most of the code changed.

Cheers and enjoy!

Sounds excellent...take it the hard keyboard does refer to that on the G1Huh

will download and try this one ... last one was great as per my last post though. Works SO much better than a wireless mouse/keyboard combo and indeed, is very cool Big Grin

Do you guys plan on allowing the ability to take music FROM the PC (via XBMC) and drop it on the SD card? If not, that would be cool to have...

All great tho. Thanks for yer efforts Big Grin

- StarChild - 2009-11-03

Got this: " Internal Error: Wrong data from HTTP API; expected 'OK', got ''. [Close] "
To reproduce.
Install app,
Click Settings on the popup
Hit Back button.

EDIT: Is it possible to insert a text with "No Videos" or "No Music" if there isn't any?
I will test it more tonight.

Cheers StarChild

- freezy - 2009-11-03

@colm: "Download to sdcard" is planned, see front page of the Google code page.

@StarChild: Will look at the internal error thing. And yes, "no videos" etc is of course possible. Ticket please.

- StarChild - 2009-11-03

SMS and Calls work without any fault now, great. Is it possible to display it a lite longer in XBMC?

About the Video section, is it possible to hide rar files?

Is it possible to disable the trackball in the remote, when a video is playing?

Regards StarChild

- the_alien - 2009-11-03

StarChild Wrote:SMS and Calls work without any fault now, great. Is it possible to display it a lite longer in XBMC?
Sorry, isn't possible from our side. Don't know if there is any setting for XBMC though.

Quote:Is it possible to disable the trackball in the remote, when a video is playing?
Sure it is, but why? I use it to scroll to the position I want to have. For example when watching a episode of 24 I really don't need to watch the "what happened" part...

- SkogsTrollet - 2009-11-03

I don't know if it's possible, I guess it's not even important, but it would be great if you could add more notification options. Im a facebook junkie and it would great if you could get notification from babbler/facebook/bloo. I usually check facebook for updates during the movie (yes, yes. I will seek help) and end up spacing out from the movie.
Im not sure if you can access those notifications though. Anyways, for me it would be great!

- StarChild - 2009-11-03

@the_alien: The reason is that I accidental touch the trackball all the time and the movie will skips like a scald kangaroo. Smile But if you use it, maybe a option in the settings will do the trick. Or you can use the normal fast forward button.
//StarChild

EDIT: Or even better, enable and disable it by clicking the trackball.