Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Remote for Android - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for Android Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+---- Thread: XBMC Remote for Android (/showthread.php?tid=55346)

- StarChild - 2009-11-07

Söder: You don't need to root your phone. Don't know what phone you have, if you can install programs from the SD-card.
But if you cant,
1. Install 'Apps Installer' from Market
(2. Enable 'Settings>Applications>Unknown sources')
3. Plug in the usb cable and copy xbmc remote app to the sd-card
4. Install the the xbmc remote with Apps Installer

- Trev - 2009-11-08

Awesome app makes me love my htc hero even more. Can we get an option to make it live in the notification tray for easy switching back and forth to it? And maybe volume buttons added to the remote section?

- freezy - 2009-11-08

Trev Wrote:Awesome app makes me love my htc hero even more. Can we get an option to make it live in the notification tray for easy switching back and forth to it? And maybe volume buttons added to the remote section?

Notification bar support is in SVN, will come with the next release. What's wrong with using the hardware volume buttons for volume changes?

- StarChild - 2009-11-08

@Trev: They are working on the notification tray feat.

- Trev - 2009-11-08

Wow quick responses, thanks freezy & starchild. awesome its getting notification tray support, and thanks freezy - didn't notice the hardware buttons did volume. Perfect.

- soder - 2009-11-08

StarChild Wrote:Söder: You don't need to root your phone. Don't know what phone you have, if you can install programs from the SD-card.
But if you cant,
1. Install 'Apps Installer' from Market
(2. Enable 'Settings>Applications>Unknown sources')
3. Plug in the usb cable and copy xbmc remote app to the sd-card
4. Install the the xbmc remote with Apps Installer

As I said, I've got it working now.

What do I have to do to be able to use library for TV SHOWS, MOVIES and Music?

/Söder

- mikkle - 2009-11-08

For Music, on the remote, just press the Music button on the home screen.
If you have a proper music library on your xbmc machine, you'll get library views.
If not, you can slide the selector in the bottom of the music screen to the far right for file view.
Video library support is not implemented yet, so you'll have to wait around a bit for that :]

:O) Mikkle

- soder - 2009-11-08

mikkle Wrote:For Music, on the remote, just press the Music button on the home screen.
If you have a proper music library on your xbmc machine, you'll get library views.
If not, you can slide the selector in the bottom of the music screen to the far right for file view.
Video library support is not implemented yet, so you'll have to wait around a bit for that :]

:O) Mikkle

Aha, I guess I just tried Video library. Tested Music now and it worked. Great. Hope you guys can make this app better then the pay app for iPhone. That way I can say "fuck off" to all my iPhone friends. =)

/Söder

- soder - 2009-11-08

BTW, it would be great for the app to search when I bring up the keyboard and start to type, instead of just jump to that letter I press.

And to be able to change sort order when in Album. I would for exampel like to sort my albums by artists, instead as now by the album name.

/Söder

- StarChild - 2009-11-08

soder Wrote:BTW, it would be great for the app to search when I bring up the keyboard and start to type, instead of just jump to that letter I press.
Indeed.
soder Wrote:And to be able to change sort order when in Album. I would for exampel like to sort my albums by artists, instead as now by the album name.
They are working on it.

//Regards StarChild

- freezy - 2009-11-08

@soder: Just started with the sort code. Library view for Video is coming. You know, it wouldn't hurt reading that page once there's at least a rough overview of features and soon-to-be features...

Do you really have to PAY for the iPhone app? WTF?

- the_alien - 2009-11-08

@freezy: Yeah, for 2,39€ you can control XBMC with the iPhone...

- freezy - 2009-11-08

W00t, XBMC makes Apple increase their profit by cashing in their percentage on iPhone Remote turnover? Bad, bad world... :p

- topfs2 - 2009-11-08

I've heard that it costs quite alot to put an app out on the appstore, on market it costs about 20$ which is not much Smile

New version - freezy - 2009-11-09

Added: Notification bar shows what's playing
Added: Long-press menu for soft keyboard for jumping to letter in lists
Added: Sorting to music library
Added: "Play all songs" in music library's song view. Songs are played in order which they are displayed.
Changed: Nicer icon for file view
Fixed: Some code optimizations
Fixed: Bug where "Now playing" screen would display weird numbers for items > 1h
Removed: Old file view, the new one has now taken over (in video and images)

Download v0.5.15

Comments and suggestions here, found bug please go directly to the tracker. Enjoy!