Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Remote for Android - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for Android Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+---- Thread: XBMC Remote for Android (/showthread.php?tid=55346)

- seaweeduk - 2009-11-10

the_alien Wrote:Yeah it is meant to be that way. You can disable it in the settings if you don't want this. But I think it is pretty kewl Wink (not suprising, i made it Big Grin)

Does the contact who called you has a picture on android? Then you discovered a bug.

Someone actually asked me when they phoned me today if my speakers were broken because usually I take a second or two to turn my music down before they can hear me Laugh

One of my favorite features Big Grin

- topfs2 - 2009-11-10

About notifications, it's probably XBMC related. Ticket #7012

Cheers,
Tobias

- freezy - 2009-11-10

Also, there are skins which don't display the icon, like Aeon.

@topfs2, the_alien & mikkle: I recently set the target platform to 1.6. You'll need to update your dev environment if not already done. Code still must be 1.5 compatible but 1.6 lets me add hi-res GFX for the Droid owners and other hires phones to come.

- the_alien - 2009-11-10

Already updated to 1.6 dev env and g1 Wink

- StarChild - 2009-11-10

I have never used WoL before, never had any reason to, but since this app supports it I'll give it a try. I use this app to connect threw my router. I have typed the mac adress in the app and enabled WoL in BIOS in my computer. But I can't get it to work. Someone have an idea to help me out?

Regards StarChild

- mikkle - 2009-11-10

StarChild Wrote:I have never used WoL before, never had any reason to, but since this app supports it I'll give it a try. I use this app to connect threw my router. I have typed the mac adress in the app and enabled WoL in BIOS in my computer. But I can't get it to work. Someone have an idea to help me out?

Regards StarChild

The current incarnation of WoL won't make it through a router.
It broadcasts to 255.255.255.255 and thus has no idea of the broadcast addresses residing behind an L3-device (router).
If you want to get it working (with the current app code), your router should be configured to forward udp port 9 (or whatever is in use) to the "remote" broadcast-address.
Dunno what router you have, but I could help you if it's a Cisco device

:O) Mikkle, CCIE #22656 ;-)

- seaweeduk - 2009-11-10

mikkle Wrote:The current incarnation of WoL won't make it through a router.
It broadcasts to 255.255.255.255 and thus has no idea of the broadcast addresses residing behind an L3-device (router).
If you want to get it working (with the current app code), your router should be configured to forward udp port 9 (or whatever is in use) to the "remote" broadcast-address.
Dunno what router you have, but I could help you if it's a Cisco device

:O) Mikkle, CCIE #22656 ;-)

port-forward.com should do the job as far as forwarding goes, haven't had a chance to try that feature myself as the original xbox doesn't support it.

- mikkle - 2009-11-10

seaweeduk Wrote:port-forward.com should do the job as far as forwarding goes, haven't had a chance to try that feature myself as the original xbox doesn't support it.

That's NAT, that won't help here. :]
- unless, of course, the router supports nat'ing to a broadcast address (evil!) ;-)
The router must process the broadcast and then relay the packet to another desitnation such as a unicast-address (used for ip-helper = remote dhcp servers) or to a remote broadcast address. The latter is referred to as directed-broadcast. most SoHo-routers don't support this.

:O) Mikkle

- StarChild - 2009-11-10

I have a D-link DIR 855 router. Don't know the what half of the feature is for. :confused2:

EDIT: They are in the same LAN. Isn't port forwarding for WAN?
Found an emulator http://www.support.dlink.com/emulators/dir855/login.html

- mikkle - 2009-11-10

StarChild Wrote:EDIT: They are in the same LAN. Isn't port forwarding for WAN?

Same LAN as in same segment, same IP subnet, and all?
If so, it should work...
If it is so, and doesn't work, it may be related to the patch attached to issue #63. Current code sends to port 9, maybe your nic does not listen to this in off-mode? For the record, usual udp ports for WoL is 0,7,9, and sometimes 401, 402.

I'll put in the changeable-port patch tonight - it will be in next release. you can - of course - test if you have your own build env going.

- StarChild - 2009-11-10

Same subnet 255.255.255.0. But I don't know what segment is here? Phone IP (by DHCP) 192.168.0.199 and PC (DHCP Reservation) 192.168.0.2
Hmm, I didn't put ":" in the MAC address in the app... can it be that simple? Smile I'll test that and get back to you.

- mikkle - 2009-11-10

StarChild Wrote:Same subnet 255.255.255.0. But I don't know what segment is here? Phone IP (by DHCP) 192.168.0.199 and PC (DHCP Reservation) 192.168.0.2
Hmm, I didn't put ":" in the MAC address in the app... can it be that simple? Smile I'll test that and get back to you.

Same segment as in same broadcast-domain (as in same hub or as in same switch, same vlan)
Your subnet is actually 192.168.0.0/24
255.255.255.0 is the subnet-mask.
This mask means basically that your devices are in same subnet if three first octets match (the mask is an AND operation ;-)

Looking at WoL-code now with my trusty friend Wireshark by my side. See if I can find anything spooky going on :]

But yeah: MAC address format: aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff or aa-bb-cc-dd-ee-ff

- StarChild - 2009-11-10

I guess more that it my totally lack of knowledge in this area that spooks. Smile I don't know anything about it. A though that hit me was; Must the PC be in suspend mode or can it be normally powered off? ":" in the address didn't solved it by the way.

EDIT: It seems so. I'll test that and get back to you.

EDIT2: Stupid of me didn't test that in the first place. It works now.

Thanks for your help!

//Regards StarChild

- mikkle - 2009-11-10

WoL should work with your machine powered off (that's the point, really Smile . You could power it off, and then just for the record, check if it still has a link on its ethernet nic (should have)

- StarChild - 2009-11-10

So it should? What do you mean when you say powered off then? Like normally powered of, hard powered off? Don't need to be in a sleeping mode then?