Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Remote for Android - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for Android Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+---- Thread: XBMC Remote for Android (/showthread.php?tid=55346)

- freezy - 2009-12-10

rocca Wrote:Fixed. I updated to the last build and added into sources.xml the lines

Code:
<source>
    <name>Library</name>
    <path>videodb://</path>
</source>

(dunno if this is needed) and now it is working like a charm

Lots of thanks for this great app

Uh, that's weird. I think probably the latest build fixed it then because what you did was adding a shortcut to the library to your file mode. That actually will display gibberish (just numbers) when you browse in file mode on the remote. Try to remove that source and see if it still works.

@Popeye: Sure, patches are always welcome Smile Make sure you get the latest SVN though, lots of code changed since the last release.

- rocca - 2009-12-10

freezy Wrote:Uh, that's weird. I think probably the latest build fixed it then because what you did was adding a shortcut to the library to your file mode. That actually will display gibberish (just numbers) when you browse in file mode on the remote. Try to remove that source and see if it still works.

@Popeye: Sure, patches are always welcome Smile Make sure you get the latest SVN though, lots of code changed since the last release.

Removed the source and working. Was the latest build the one that fix the problem. Thanks

- Popeye - 2009-12-10

freezy Wrote:@Popeye: Sure, patches are always welcome Smile Make sure you get the latest SVN though, lots of code changed since the last release.

Sweet! I start out by making a stand alone app and see if you like it, then I can dig into the SVN and diff stuff ...
Your app is really great.

- apanloco - 2009-12-10

I'm trying to run SVN; is it supposed to work now? Got it running a few revisions ago...
Now it crashes because HostFactory.host remains null, since HostFactory.getHosts() never resolves any hosts (moveToFirst() returns false). Any hints?
I run on Tattoo, which is perhaps not officially supported, but it has worked fine before.

- freezy - 2009-12-10

Yeah of course the latest rev is far from stable. Try setting some hosts in the settings.

I exchanged the whole connection settings code today. As soon as I fixed all the bugs I'll compile a new release. Until then bear with me Wink

- apanloco - 2009-12-10

I can't set any hosts. It crashes during startup, callstack:
http://pastebin.com/f6f42ccaf

I'll bear with you :-D

- freezy - 2009-12-10

svn up, I added a quickfix, should work better now (or maybe not)...

- apanloco - 2009-12-10

Worked fine!

Some issues with hosts:
- when you have added a host and press OK, it doesn't show up in the list. I had to go out to the home screen, and into settings/manage hosts again for it to show up.
- cannot remove a host?

(note: tried both these in the emulator too)

apan

- technojunkie - 2009-12-10

I wanted to let you know that this appears to install and configure fine on the archos 5 android tablet. I'll check functionality tonight when I get home.

I'm not very well versed in android right now but I may look into how difficult scaling the ui for 800x480 screens will be.

- freezy - 2009-12-10

apanloco Wrote:Worked fine!

Some issues with hosts:
- when you have added a host and press OK, it doesn't show up in the list. I had to go out to the home screen, and into settings/manage hosts again for it to show up.
- cannot remove a host?

(note: tried both these in the emulator too)

apan

Yeah I know that's next on the list. Not very interesting work so I postponed that all day Wink

- Kytrix - 2009-12-11

Hi,
Is there a date for the next release of XbmcRemote ?

This soft is so great !

- freezy - 2009-12-11

Probably some time today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow.

EDIT: obviously not. need to fix some more stuff first. now the response is: when it's stable enough.

- technojunkie - 2009-12-12

OK there are a few things I noticed on the Archos 5:

- now playing doesn't rotate to landscape mode
- Remote control doesn't function at all
- Music/Movies both reset to the top of the list when switching between landscape/portrait

Aside from the above I really like the app, I can't wait to see what all you'll do.

I'm using xbmc Camelot Beta2 with confluence skin of that matters.

*edit*
If you need anything from me debug wise and are willing to walk me through using the debug tools I'll help out any way I can, shoot me a PM

- PrimaryMaster - 2009-12-13

i dont get the posters for the movies to work.. i download then but nothing happens after that..

- Bram77 - 2009-12-13

Within a week I'll have my HTC Magic! So I can finally start using this excellent app Smile Maybe I can help out with development a bit too. I'm curious about the Android SDK.