Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Remote for Android - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for Android Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+---- Thread: XBMC Remote for Android (/showthread.php?tid=55346)

- Kytrix - 2009-12-16

I have a question on XBMC-Remote:
why does it start at boot ? a service ?

- the_alien - 2009-12-16

Kytrix Wrote:I have a question on XBMC-Remote:
why does it start at boot ? a service ?

It doesn't.

- Kytrix - 2009-12-16

the_alien Wrote:It doesn't.

so why after a reboot taskkiller list xbmcremote ?

- freezy - 2009-12-16

Because you've started it previously. Hitting "back" in Android won't quit the app.

- Kytrix - 2009-12-16

freezy Wrote:Because you've started it previously. Hitting "back" in Android won't quit the app.

I don't think android remember launched apps before a shutdown for relaunch them at nex reboot ?

.. yesterday my phone made a nice fly for 1 meter, then (maybe HTC hero detect that it's fly was not a fly but a fall and decide to explode before the impact) the cover release the battery and a get a 3-pieces-trully-off-phone.
I restart my phone and launch task killer who show me xbmcremote running.

seriously, the only other solution is that a software launch xbmcremote at startup !..
I'm going to search ..

- seaweeduk - 2009-12-16

Kytrix Wrote:I don't think android remember launched apps before a shutdown for relaunch them at nex reboot ?

.. yesterday my phone made a nice fly for 1 meter, then (maybe HTC hero detect that it's fly was not a fly but a fall and decide to explode before the impact) the cover release the battery and a get a 3-pieces-trully-off-phone.
I restart my phone and launch task killer who show me xbmcremote running.

seriously, the only other solution is that a software launch xbmcremote at startup !..
I'm going to search ..

Untick the notification options and sms ones I imagine they need to run in the background alll the time to work

- freezy - 2009-12-16

Actually, they don't. They are hooked into Android via the manifest. The app is seriously NOT executed automatically on startup.

- chainblade - 2009-12-17

a couple of things. first off, I LOVE this app. This app alone is why i use a HTPC with xbmc and not a different product. I love XBMC and I almost bought an easier solution until I found this.

With that said, I've have a few problems. First off, the app will force close for me every time over and over if my wi-fi is already on. i have to open the app, turn on wi-fi and then go back into the app for it to work. this didn't use to happen, it only has developed in the last couple of versions.

secondly, on landscape view, there is a power off button. I love having a power off button but i find myself accidentally pushing it probably once a day. maybe make it so you have to go into the menu and then power off. that way the option is still there but you can't accidentally push it.

another thing i'd like is the ability to disable the use of the scroll ball. that's another thing that i accidentally hit all the time and it fast forwards or rewinds quite a bit. big pain.

none of these are deal breakers but would be nice to address.

- spartan - 2009-12-17

chainblade Wrote:a couple of things.

Please submit issues and tickets to http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcremote, Thanks

love the app, movie's won't load on phone - mross22 - 2009-12-18

Hey all -

Kudos to a fantastic App.

My only issue is that my movie library won't load. I can load my music albums, and I can view my movies by selecting the different subtypes. Some populate with screenshots, some do not.

I am running multiple NAS's filled with my movie library of about 250 films. XBM is running on a softmodded XBOX with the most recent T3CH build (12-9-2009 rev25497). Android phone is a Droid Eris.

I have already searched forums, not found anything. Thoughts? thanks -

- freezy - 2009-12-18

@chainblade: Good suggestions. Submit a ticket for each of one, please. However, ignore the crashes until the next version.

@mross22: What happens? Does it crash, or just display an empty list?

re: No movies - mross22 - 2009-12-18

@ freezy: It does not crash - it says "no movies found". But if I check the movie actors or genres i can see all my movies.

New version: v0.6.2 - freezy - 2009-12-18

Added: Switch rapidly between multiple XBMC instances
Added: Hires remote control for Droid users
Changed: Complete refactoring of data, business and presentation with hopefully better error handling.
Fixed: Pressing "play" after having stopped a playlist will resume the playlist (needs some more testing).
Fixed: Some graphical glitches

Download v0.6.2

You'll have to uninstall your current version first (Home screen -> Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> XBMC Remote -> uninstall).

I've spent a lot of time fixing the general architecture of the app, so it really should be very proper code-wise now. Nothing a user will notice directly though. However I hope that the number of crashes should have decreased.

There are still memory issues. I've fixed some memory leaks but there is still one I can't figure out. See also my post on the mailing list.

Feature-wise you'll notice that multiple XBMC hosts can now be added to the settings. You can rapidly switch between them by tapping on the version box on the bottom right corner of the home screen.

The next release will probably contain initial Boxee support, but mainly bugfixes. Please report back here about problems you're not sure about and use the tracker for feature suggestions and bug reports.

Enjoy!

- FaberfoX - 2009-12-18

First let me congratulate you on this app, it's amazing!
I've just added a ticket requesting sorting albums by year when in sort by artist mode, would you consider adding this as a global option?
Also, would it be possible to use the camera button as a mute switch? If so, do you want me to add a ticket requesting it?

- freezy - 2009-12-18

Yeah, please open a ticket for that kinda stuff. Don't worry about only being able to set it as defect, we'll change that when we check the tix.

Cheers!