Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Remote for Android - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for Android Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+---- Thread: XBMC Remote for Android (/showthread.php?tid=55346)

- krl69 - 2009-12-21

freezy Wrote:@krl69: Any message telling you that there's no SD card mounted? Then: Is your SD card mounted and is there enough space?

The same question as before...Rofl
And the same answer - No SD card problems! The SD card is mounted and I have nearly 6gb free space on the card. Big Grin

Installed the 0.63 and did a manually download of albums (840 albums), but that doesn't help either.

I do a full uninstall eache time before I install a new build. Could there be any "leftovers" from past installations?

- krl69 - 2009-12-21

krl69 Wrote:The same question as before...Rofl
And the same answer - No SD card problems! The SD card is mounted and I have nearly 6gb free space on the card. Big Grin

Installed the 0.63 and did a manually download of albums (840 albums), but that doesn't help either.

I do a full uninstall eache time before I install a new build. Could there be any "leftovers" from past installations?

And one more thing - Where on the SD card are the covers saved?

- StarChild - 2009-12-21

@krl69: cover is stored in sdcard\xbmc\ .
In 0.6.3 you can delete the cash from the app gui. Menu > Download Covers > Clear Cache

- krl69 - 2009-12-21

StarChild Wrote:@krl69: cover is stored in sdcard\xbmc\ .
In 0.6.3 you can delete the cash from the app gui. Menu > Download Covers > Clear Cache

Nope. Only a folder under SD called XBMC with an empty subfolder "Video" exists. Probably because I have never downloaded any video covers, just CD-covers. But I can't find any CD-covers either. I know I have downloaded 840 covers. At least I saw the progress bar went from 0% and to 100% and it counted 840 albums downloaded... Confused

And I know there is a new choice in the GUI for deleting the cache. Wink

- StarChild - 2009-12-21

You have a strange problem Smile
It actually doesn't need to download 840 covers, only check if there is 840 covers and download the existing once, but I assume you have some covers anyway. The text is a little bit misleading.
Anyway. The only idea I can come up with is if you can check if you have more then 10% free space on your sdcard and check so its not write protected.
What phone do you have?

- StarChild - 2009-12-22

Hmm.. I have tested the Download all covers feature a couple of times now. And it always stops at 10%. Someone else having this problem?

EDIT: Ok, tested it a little bit more. It seems to stop when the phone goes to sleep.

- krl69 - 2009-12-22

StarChild Wrote:You have a strange problem Smile
It actually doesn't need to download 840 covers, only check if there is 840 covers and download the existing once, but I assume you have some covers anyway. The text is a little bit misleading.
Anyway. The only idea I can come up with is if you can check if you have more then 10% free space on your sdcard and check so its not write protected.
What phone do you have?

I have 840 albums in my XBMC library... I know that I shouldn’t have to download the manually, but when I don’t get any album covers when just selecting albums in XBMC remote app, I wanted to try this option too.

I have over 6gb free space, so yes, the 10% limit is no problem.

It is not write protected either.

I have a HTC Hero with Modaco 3.0, but same problem with the original firmware and with earlier Modaco versions.

- asperge - 2009-12-23

Hello,

This application looks great. I'm using XBMC on Windows Vista. I've a question : do you know need a WIFI router on your pc in order to connect XBMC Remote to it? Or is it possible to use Bluetooth also?

no movies - mross22 - 2009-12-23

freezy Wrote:@ccMatrix: Fixed in SVN.

@mross22: Are you using multiple XBMC instances?

@stevenz: Thanks! Smile

@krl69: Any message telling you that there's no SD card mounted? Then: Is your SD card mounted and is there enough space?

Yes, I am running 2 xboxes, with several NAS filled with about 250 movies. What's puzzling is that the audio, which exists on only one hard drive, displays fine.

- topfs2 - 2009-12-23

asperge Wrote:Hello,

This application looks great. I'm using XBMC on Windows Vista. I've a question : do you know need a WIFI router on your pc in order to connect XBMC Remote to it? Or is it possible to use Bluetooth also?

For now its only possible to connect via network, i.e. not via bluetooth. It could be made possible at some point though but its rather down prioritized since it involves alot of code for nearly no benefit. However I'm working on a new api for communicating with xbmc and it could be used more easily via bluetooth so when that is in place its much more likely it would be added here.

For your question, you don't need a wifi router, you can connect via 3G or 2G aswell, it will be slower and will cost you money (if you aren't on a fixed monthly dataplan ofcourse), this is how I use it actually, I nearly never have wifi enabled on my phone and it works splendid.

Cheers,
Tobias.

- asperge - 2009-12-24

topfs2 Wrote:For your question, you don't need a wifi router, you can connect via 3G or 2G aswell, it will be slower and will cost you money (if you aren't on a fixed monthly dataplan ofcourse), this is how I use it actually, I nearly never have wifi enabled on my phone and it works splendid.

Cheers,
Tobias.

Thanks a lot tobias for your help. In XMBC i've allowed the Web server and Event server, and in XBMC Remote i've put the correct IP, port and Username (xbmc), but i can't manage to connect via 3G. I've a socket time out error.
If i understood well, in order to test the web server it would be possible to connect on my phone via my webbrowser, but it doesn't work. I've checked also the firewall, but it doesn't change anything. I don't know what to do.

- freezy - 2009-12-24

open your browser in android and try to access the http api with it. docs here. if it doesn't work you need to port forward the correct port.

- freezy - 2009-12-24

@mross22: if you change the instance, exit and restart, does it work?

- bob_loblaw - 2009-12-24

asperge Wrote:In XBMC i've allowed the Web server and Event server, and in XBMC Remote i've put the correct IP, port and Username (xbmc), but i can't manage to connect via 3G. I've a socket time out error.
If your XBMC box is behind a router or firewall you may need to port forward from the external router/firewall to the XBMC box. This will also expose your XBMC to the wider Internet, so be sure you understand what you're doing before you undertake this.

- mross22 - 2009-12-25

freezy Wrote:@mross22: if you change the instance, exit and restart, does it work?

Unfortunately, that did not help. It's almost like the remote doesn't see the title of the films, only the categories. For example, in the 'now playing' notification box, it says the category before the name i.e. action/adventure/sci-fi....not the name of the film. I use a mediamanager program - could that be causing an issue?