Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Remote for Android - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for Android Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+---- Thread: XBMC Remote for Android (/showthread.php?tid=55346)

- Nazgulled - 2009-12-29

Can you please tell me exactly which options do I need to make sure they are enabled? Because things changed a lot in Camelot from previous versions and I think I have everything properly enabled but it's obviously not working :/

- C-Quel - 2009-12-29

You are indeed correct. The problem is once the screen timeout is hit and the screen switches off it actually still crashes the batch downloader for the thumbs, this is the main reason for my comment.

But yes... i stopped at the end of my nose and didnt look and further Smile

Screen timeout disable would also be beneficial Smile yes battery consuming but we can control brightness now so may even implement that aswell lowest setting and keep it on Smile

- the_alien - 2009-12-29

As a workaround connect it to the pc and set android to not timeout when connected through usb?

- zippelmann - 2009-12-29

Nazgulled Wrote:Can you please tell me exactly which options do I need to make sure they are enabled? Because things changed a lot in Camelot from previous versions and I think I have everything properly enabled but it's obviously not working :/

in system -> network I activated:
- Allow controll of XBMC via HTTP
- Allow programs on this system to control XBMC
- Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC

Thats all. I thought there must be a event server, but it working without any other changes.

- Nazgulled - 2009-12-29

That's exactly what I have but the remote control simply refuses to work, everything else is working fine.

- zippelmann - 2009-12-29

Nazgulled Wrote:That's exactly what I have but the remote control simply refuses to work, everything else is working fine.

Maybe the update produces the problem. I formated the disc and installed a fresh 9.11 . It is my last idea. You could make a backup of the partitions and try it with a fresh installation.

- b00sted4fun - 2009-12-29

zippelmann Wrote:Maybe the update produces the problem. I formated the disc and installed a fresh 9.11 . It is my last idea. You could make a backup of the partitions and try it with a fresh installation.

I am having the same issues was working fine but now witht eh newest build I cant get the remote to work but everything else is, before the upgrade all was working.

- Nazgulled - 2009-12-29

zippelmann Wrote:Maybe the update produces the problem. I formated the disc and installed a fresh 9.11 . It is my last idea. You could make a backup of the partitions and try it with a fresh installation.
If that were the case, starting with a fresh %APPDATA%\XBMC folder would probably fix it, which is not the case as I just tried.

I also tried to uninstall and delete everything on my HTC Hero related to XBMC Remote. Reinstalled and configured everything again, still no dice...

Glad I'm not alone in this problem (sorry b00sted4fun) Tongue

- Hannes The Hun - 2009-12-30

I just stumbled upon your android remote and directly put it on my motorola droid/milestone

fantastic! works perfectly with a fresh 9.11 live install on my revo

the only suggestion I had would be folder browsing also for music (or I just couldn't find it)

keep up the good work, your remote is fantastic and makes my little droid even more awesome!

- screamer - 2009-12-30

Hannes The Hun Wrote:I just stumbled upon your android remote and directly put it on my motorola droid/milestone

fantastic! works perfectly with a fresh 9.11 live install on my revo

the only suggestion I had would be folder browsing also for music (or I just couldn't find it)

keep up the good work, your remote is fantastic and makes my little droid even more awesome!

You can browse folders but the icon is to far out on the right. So first click on another icon and it will be visible.
I think you will see it right away if you have it in landscape, not sure though.

- the_alien - 2009-12-30

You can hold the tab button and swipe him completely to the right. No need to click somewhere else first Wink

- the_alien - 2009-12-30

Nazgulled Wrote:If that were the case, starting with a fresh %APPDATA%\XBMC folder would probably fix it, which is not the case as I just tried.

I also tried to uninstall and delete everything on my HTC Hero related to XBMC Remote. Reinstalled and configured everything again, still no dice...

Glad I'm not alone in this problem (sorry b00sted4fun) Tongue

Having no problems with 9.11 Camelot and Cyanogen 4.2.11.1 (android 1.6 and 2.0 backports). Is there something in the logs?

- Jarny - 2009-12-30

Hannes The Hun Wrote:the only suggestion I had would be folder browsing also for music (or I just couldn't find it)
folder browsing works like described by the_alien.
The only disadvanced is that you can only play one song. Queueing and playing a whole folder would be a nice and usefull feature. Hope they accept my ticket at the tracker:http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcremote/issues/detail?id=137&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Reporter%20Owner%20Summary

Regards
Jarny

- Nazgulled - 2009-12-30

the_alien Wrote:Having no problems with 9.11 Camelot and Cyanogen 4.2.11.1 (android 1.6 and 2.0 backports). Is there something in the logs?
Which logs? XBMC's or XBMC Remote's? On the XBMC side, I turned on debugging but couldn't find anything abnormal. As for XBMC Remote, I don't know where those logs are located...

I'm using an original ROM from HTC on my Hero by the way, which is Android 1.5 yet, still waiting for HTC updates.

- the_alien - 2009-12-30

You could use logcollector from the market to get the log of android (which is one log for all Wink). You could use the ADB (android debugging bridge) from the SDK if you want to use you PC. Connect the phone through USB and hit "adb logcat" in the console.
HTC will update direct to 2.0 afaik Wink