Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Remote for Android - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for Android Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+---- Thread: XBMC Remote for Android (/showthread.php?tid=55346)

- freezy - 2009-09-05

Did you allow the event client connect from other hosts than local xbmc? It's a setting under network, event server.

- zippelmann - 2009-09-05

freezy Wrote:Did you allow the event client connect from other hosts than local xbmc? It's a setting under network, event server.

Oh, I did not. Thanks a lot. Its working now.

- freezy - 2009-09-05

Had the same problem Wink

- topfs2 - 2009-09-05

ccMatrix Wrote:I just updated to the latest version and this is really amazing. I used the Boxee/XBMC Remote from the Market before and this one is so much better. Will there be a release to the Android Market as well (would help with keeping up-to-date)?

Definatly, we will just bash some bugs and then probably start releasing on the market.

- Waffa - 2009-09-05

Ok, in r66 all remote buttons work perfect, only rewind button image changes in play image.Big Grin

Now playing works perfect with the xbox.
Through imo the thumb could be bigger and when song title is 2 rows the time bar goes half out of screen.
(Thumbs are default in xbox userdata 192x192 other platforms 512x512)

With windows thumb is bigger, almost full width but only schows the thumb no info/buttons/bar.

And still remote doesn't work in windows, very strange Huh
Tried default keymap, default guisettings, network settings, etc.......

Edit: nevermind got it working

Oh and btw in XBMC web server port is default 80. not 8080

Please consider display<fullscreen> button and scrollball is way to fast.
edit 2:
Hey, my custom d=<fullscreen> on keyboard works now !!

- topfs2 - 2009-09-05

Waffa Wrote:Oh and btw in XBMC web server port is default 80. not 8080

On Xbox yes, on windows / linux / osx 8080 is the default.

Also the scaling of the nowplaying picture is abit weird in r66, I just got it finished in that rev. new version 0.2.2 should have it fixed.

- Waffa - 2009-09-05

Topfs2 Wrote:On Xbox yes, on windows / linux / osx 8080 is the default.

Also the scaling of the nowplaying picture is abit weird in r66, I just got it finished in that rev. new version 0.2.2 should have it fixed.
`

Thx, but are you sure about port 8080.

Renamed guisettings on windows so all settings are default and port webserver is 80 or this must be changed recently..Big Grin

- topfs2 - 2009-09-05

Waffa Wrote:`

Thx, but are you sure about port 8080.

Renamed guisettings on windows so all settings are default and port webserver is 80 or this must be changed recently..Big Grin

Well I'll give you win32 Smile it's 80.

So on (since I'm a linux person) the important os's Big Grin it's 8080, hehe

EDIT: new version 0.2.3 which should be snappier.

- Waffa - 2009-09-05

OOh, there's already 0.2.3 Big Grin

0.2.2 Now playing was good thumb only browsing files became very slow.

But let's try 0.2.3 Laugh

edit:
Solved in 0.2.3

- Waffa - 2009-09-05

Nice , that i can use the menu button in home screen.Nod
I would like to use it in every screen and that there were functions been added.Rofl
so it would have:
-settings
-exit
-remote
-video
-music
-pictures
-now playing
in future :
- movies
-tv shows
-music library

And have the ability to back out to whatever ...very fast.
Now I have to push the back button many times to back out my files to go to remote function.Confused

- topfs2 - 2009-09-06

Waffa Wrote:Nice , that i can use the menu button in home screen.Nod
I would like to use it in every screen and that there were functions been added.Rofl
so it would have:
-settings
-exit
-remote
-video
-music
-pictures
-now playing
in future :
- movies
-tv shows
-music library

And have the ability to back out to whatever ...very fast.
Now I have to push the back button many times to back out my files to go to remote function.Confused

Noted, Sounds like a very good idea to have easy acces to some of the views via menu button, will look into it tommorrow and hopefully have it ready soon.

Also both me and freezy have discussed a UI redo soon so if anyone have any additions or pointers on the UI that would be most awesome, and if anyone could do graphics that would ofcourse be most awesome.

Cheers,
Tobias.

- topfs2 - 2009-09-06

So I took the initiative and added the app menu items as suggested by waffa, also moved the media list fetches out of UI thread as suggested on swedroid.se
Also as a really beta purpose one can try freezy's awesome album grid in 0.2.4 (app menu inside of music to change view)

Cheers,
Tobias

- Waffa - 2009-09-06

WOW, this looks very very awesome Cool
Thanx Big Grin testing now

edit:
Lol still extracting thumbs, got a big music library. looks so freaking Cool

- danceresort - 2009-09-07

Not getting a menu in the music section when i press menu, an i doing something wrong? Upgraded to 0.2.4 but dosnt seem to work for me :/

The rest works like the dream tho Smile The remote seems a little buggy ~(the rewind changes to a play button when you oress it, and dosnt change back after pressing it) ill report anything else as i find it (HTC Hero with a Xbox for your info)

- QuiescentWonder - 2009-09-07

I don't have an Android device (but I want one!) and I haven't read through every post so forgive me if this has already been posted or added as a feature.

I noticed in a screenshot that it's asking for the IP address of the machine running XBMC, wouldn't it be convenient to work with host names instead? You could connect to "Happy Xbox" instead of "192.168.1.100". Then, as the IP may change if the machine is using DHCP, you wouldn't need to change the address.