Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- fatsarmstrong - 2009-12-03

Is this working on Camelot Beta 1 yet? This looks like a nice script that would make the experience a lot more fun in my house.

- mccorkled - 2009-12-03

fatsarmstrong Wrote:Is this working on Camelot Beta 1 yet? This looks like a nice script that would make the experience a lot more fun in my house.

thats what Im using Smile Confluence skin comes in the Camelot package.

Slides.xml - User 56649 - 2009-12-03

could i get a little more info on the skides.xml? i was wondering how to name things that arn't trivia questions, like fun facts, movie mistakes and easter eggs. should there be some sort of entry in slides.xml for them or should i just name them as though they were questions without answers? ideally I am hoping there is someway to make it grab a few question sets then a fact then some more questions then some movie goof etc etc but i am assuming thats something for the future still Big Grin

Edit:
oh and i am working on some slides for myself so far just have some "did you know?" ones thought i'd see what you guys thought

I am more than willing to up the .psd (photoshop project file) if someone wants it Smile

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-03

you only need a slides.xml if the folder contains ordered images.

do you have a bigger picture, clicking it is small thumb.

- User 56649 - 2009-12-03

when i click on it it opens both a small thumb and the imagehost page weird O_o anyway, try this http://a.imagehost.org/view/0623/DYK5
and so to clarify it should be like this right?

Q1
Q1A
Q2
Q2A
Q3 - if this is like a fact or a quote but not a question do i just not pu an answer in?
Q4
Q4A

- Juanflaco - 2009-12-03

UserXXX Wrote:when i click on it it opens both a small thumb and the imagehost page weird O_o anyway, try this http://a.imagehost.org/view/0623/DYK5
and so to clarify it should be like this right?

Q1
Q1A
Q2
Q2A
Q3 - if this is like a fact or a quote but not a question do i just not pu an answer in?
Q4
Q4A
You may get more detailed clarification, but I did try the above scheme and it seemed to break the Q/A order for the other slides. What I did was to pair the movie stills (facts, quotes, whatever) as a Q and an A, like so...

Q1
Q1A
Q2
Q2A
Q3 (a movie fact)
Q3A (a movie still)
Q4
Q4A

The only bummer is that you're not getting a true random assortment; the non-trivia slides always come in pairs.

Your slide looks great, by the way.

- User 56649 - 2009-12-03

Thanks! i was worried that would happen, I don't actually have my slides ready to go just started working on them this evening, so i couldn't test anything yet lol.
Maybe going forward with new versions something for quotes/facts etc could be worked into the script? (I am NOT a coder so I have no idea if i just asked the equivalent of having you digitize mars and put it on a 5 1/2in floppy!!)
thanks again!

- xm41907 - 2009-12-03

Does anyone know of a good site to download trivia slides? I've found a few on line but would like a bunch more without spending hours creating my own.

or...

We could make a thread for custom slides, so that we could share our hard earned work!

- Juanflaco - 2009-12-04

xm41907 Wrote:Does anyone know of a good site to download trivia slides? I've found a few on line but would like a bunch more without spending hours creating my own.

or...

We could make a thread for custom slides, so that we could share our hard earned work!
I didn't find any free ones so I paid the $7 for over 1300 catagorized trivia and misc. slides. There was also an earlier post in this thread by someone working on their own slides.

- mccorkled - 2009-12-04

can some one help me to get this to work. I copied all of my slides off the CD I bought into the directory I wanted. Do I have to take all the images out of the containing folders and place them in the root of the slides folder?

Also I read that you cant get them to show randomly? Is this right? Seems silly to watch the same trivia every time.

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-04

frankly mccorkled i'm getting tired of you posting. start at the first page and start reading!

no where did i say slides don't play random. everythings been explained more than once in some cases.

- xm41907 - 2009-12-04

Juanflaco Wrote:I didn't find any free ones so I paid the $7 for over 1300 catagorized trivia and misc. slides. There was also an earlier post in this thread by someone working on their own slides.

I saw those but didn't want to pay for it. And aren't they all Coca-Cola related? I would prefer not having that. I was able to link my apple trailers folder and HTE folders. Everything works great. While in apple trailers, if I want to save one, I just change the viewing type from "streaming" to "download and save" I can now choose which trailers HTE will display for my kids. Also, I found on youtube a bunch of pre-show clips. I liked the AMC ones so now it has their coming attractions, feature presentation, and most of all, the cell phone interruption trailer spoofs! Love it!

I'm working on a couple of photoshop templates to make my own trivia slides. will share when I'm done.

- mccorkled - 2009-12-05

whats your problem with me? always with the snide sarcastic remarks.

I got my slides ready but before renaming over 1300 slide I would like to be sure Im doing it right.

I started with this...

Q1.jpg
Q2A.jpg
Q2.jpg
Q2A.jpg

so far so good right?

but in editing the xml file is where I get lost. Also should I rename my files...

Q0001.jpg
Q0001A.jpg

etc...

HuhHuhHuh?

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-05

Just read your original unedited post mccorkled. congratulations you've just closed this thread. i won't post the dribble here, but i hope others understand i'm sick of assholes signing up, not reading and asking the same questions over and over and then making snide inaccurate remarks.

i know you don't read as you posted about getting weather fanart to work in confluence, when confluence has a sticky on the subject.

i will reopen, when/if i make any updates to the script.

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-05

reopened as mccorkled has his own thread.

i ask all people especially new people to thouroghly read the first post and better the whole thread as most questions have been answered.

i'm gaining some strangth so i am slowly going to add these features/changes.

please feel free to suggest.

1. 5 minute option to trivia.
2. check m3u playlist support (may be xbmc issue with queuing a playlist)
3. run script before videos start (homeseer)
4. random trivia, mix in single slides (you MUST still keep your different slide types in separate folders) i have an idea and if it works it shouldn't be difficult.