Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- v0lrath - 2009-12-26

Nuka, why not use images for the ratings? That's pretty much all they are anyway. Don't you already have images working for the trivia? I don't use trivia so I'm not sure.

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-26

as i've stated numerous times. i can't mix images and videos, once the videos start. the script isn't running.

- mccorkled - 2009-12-26

Im making the NR/U slides today..

I was thinking, the only films that are not rated are ones that are not out yet. So Im not going to make a slide for those.

Unrated however was rated by the MPAA, and they just didnt give it a rating... correct?0

Edit:
I did a little reading and not rated means the film was never submitted for a rating to the MPAA. Before a movie is released it is NR because it is still being reviewed

Once the movie is released it is given a rating G to NC-17. After they put the movie on to medium the director has a choice to include extra content, cut scenes and stuff that were not in the original. The MPAA isnt going to rate this movie because the extra content for whatever reason didnt meet the G to NC-17 criteria. These movies are given a "U" rating but not by the MPAA. so here is what I made for it.

plain...yes

- timdog82001 - 2009-12-26

I'm pretty sure I have a movie that was released long ago and is marked as NR. I could be wrong, though. I'm not at home to check

- v0lrath - 2009-12-26

mccorkled Wrote:Im making the NR/U slides today..

I was thinking, the only films that are not rated are ones that are not out yet. So Im not going to make a slide for those.

Unrated however was rated by the MPAA, and they just didnt give it a rating... correct?

Other unrated films: foreign films, independent films, some made-for-tv films, documentaries, etc.

The NR slide I made was not based on an MPAA template because they don't have one. They do have "This film has not YET been rated", but you aren't going to have any films that have yet to be rated in your library. Even if you got one before the release date, it will have a rating.

Nuka: Sorry about that, I have not read the whole thread. I'll turn my slides into video files I guess.
Does anybody here have a good method for turning PNGs into 1080p video and maybe adding a fade? I can play with Premiere or After Effects, but I'm not great with video.

- huscoolcal - 2009-12-26

Nuka1195 Wrote:trailers require movie_720p-trailer.mov

Tks!!

- Jasin - 2009-12-26

Is there anyway to install this without SVN Repo browser, as it does not work in linux.

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-27

grab it from svn. i will be releasing shortly. not all features enabled yet.

about making videos from stills. there is a small freeware that is suppose to work good. i'll see if i can find it. but i've had no luck with adobe premiere. probably me.

mpaa ratings. "body of evidence" is "Unrated" in my library. could just be bad info? but i just thought it would be nice to have a rating for those that could not be determined or the info is missing. not really thinking accuracy.

i do think the NR is only seen for trailers before release.

for people outside the us and you have other ratings. if you have videos name properly, then let me know and i will add them to the check.

this is what i use now:
mpaa = ( mpaa, "NR", )[ mpaa not in ( "G", "PG", "PG-13", "R", "NC-17", ) ]

i may add "Unrated"

- mccorkled - 2009-12-27

For the sake of not clogging up Nukas thread with my OT discussion, I am creating another thread dedicated to my HT MEGA Pack. I just made the first rating video! Smile check it out.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=466121#post466121

- Jasin - 2009-12-27

As far as stills to video, you can try Windows Live Movie Maker http://download.live.com/moviemaker

- Eldorado - 2009-12-27

mccorkled Wrote:you think 1300 jpeg images take up 900MB?

So is that a yes or a no?

Are these the clips the guy from AVSForum made or not?

And yes 1300 jpeg images could easily take up 900MB, don't see why you answered with that..

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-27

eldorado, take it to his thread. stay OT here, thanks.

- Morevil - 2009-12-27

First off, I love the HT mod Nuka. I was going to start working on one, but knowing very little code it would of taken me forever.

I just installed xbmc about 3 hours ago for the first time and I've been messing with it non stop since. I was using Media Browser for a few years.

Anyway, I've been able to figure out almost all of the stuff I've run into, but I noticed something with the HT mod.

Not sure if it's been listed as a bug or not and I tried reading all 28 pages. The issue I'm having is the trailers seems to be multiplicative. Maybe I'm retarded and not doing something right I dunno.

Example.

I setup this order - 1 random intro, 2 random trailers, then the movie.

First time it played perfect to issues.

I then changed the option to 3 trailers, up from 2. Once clicked it does the following.

1 random intro, 2 random trailers, 1 random intro, 3 random trailers, then the movie.

Thinking I messed something up, I closed xbmc reopened it and tried it again.

This is what played -
1 random intro, 2 random trailers, 1 random intro, 3 random trailers, 1 random intro, 3 random trailers, then the movie.

In order to get it to reset I had to reboot my htpc.

Any ideas or am I a retard?

Thanks!

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-27

the version in svn, does not clear the playlist. make sure you're launching it per the instructions on page one and posted throughtought this thread.

new version not available yet. clears the playlist and queues the video.

- Morevil - 2009-12-27

So, I'm retarded gotcha. Tongue

Thanks, Nuka!