Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- mccorkled - 2010-01-03

Thanks Juan, Im more of a visual learner.

Hey Nuka, do all of the video clips need to be .acvi? or only the ratings?

I dont want to spend a lot of time converting videos if they are the wrong format. Took me a while to figure out how to get them into .mkv to find out that those file types wont work.

1. do they all need to be .avi?
2. do you plan on integrating other video formats some time?

Also as some of you have already discovered, "videoinfo.xml" in most cases is actually called "dialogvideoinfo.xml"

Smile

also I moved "action(queue)25" from my dialogvideoinfo.xml, but I staill cant get it to work right. Im going to install XBMC live on a thumb drive later today and go from there. Ive been really busy with the mega pack and I havent had time to keep up with you guys!

thanks for the new options

- Juanflaco - 2010-01-03

kiboy6 Wrote:Ah, I couldn't find it because in Transparency the file is called DialogVideoInfo.xml. deleting the Action Queue line did fix the problem.

However, when I press the Home theater Experience button from the info page, the library display will still scroll to the next movie while the script loads.
I notice this as well, whether the movie is queued by the onClick or the script. I imagine it's just how XBMC behaves after queuing a movie. Could test by queuing a movie without involving the script at all. I suspect the library will still advance to the next entry, in which case it doesn't have anything to do with HTE. It is a bit jarring, for sure.

McCorckled: regarding video clip format, from what I understand it's only the rating videos that are expected to be .avi files. My Dolby/DTS clips, blender intro, etc. are various other types and they work fine.

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-03

yes, the advancing is xbmc's behavior.

the rating videos do not have to be avi files, they just have to be named with an .avi ext. and no that won't change. yes that should be the only ones that need a specific ext. since i have to create the path to the file.

- oo_void - 2010-01-03

Answering my own question... Looking at the scraper sources, it appears that they're always set to use an URL (too bad). What I did see that was promising is that the local scraper is reading meta data, but not doing much of anything with it. So, making this an official feature request, any possibility that we can we get MPAA and Genre filtering for local trailers?

- Invincer - 2010-01-04

Hi guys,

I just found and dived in to this whole xbmc experience the last few days. I have used other "front ends" in the past, and some of the scripting and bugs I have read about might normally have turned me away. But I have to tell you Nuka1195, your whole home theater experience makes it all worthwhile. 3 days ago, I spent about 2 hours setting up xbmc, then reading the forums. I intended to spend a few days playing around with different areas getting different things working... uh uh... spend all of the last few days engrossed in reading this thread and trying new ideas and the branched out threads setting this whole thing up. Wow, I am so so impressed!. Thank you to Nuka1195, Mccorkled, and everyone else for the script and the tips and helpful links etc!

This is only my first post, but I would like to give my thoughts and requests and everything. If nothing new is added, it is still the closest to a home theater experience I could have ever dreamed of getting set up...

My thoughts on functions that might improve it, at least in my eyes, and maybe for others as well...

Requests...

1. I have no idea if it is possible, but would there be a way to make the trivia slides start back up on the pause of the movie? Or maybe play a custom "intermission" folder or file while paused? There may be another script somewhere that could make xbmc "do" something on pause, but I've spent 95% of my time in this thread Smile Seemed like this function would be great going along with this script if possible.

2. As mentioned a few times before on the thread, it would be great if we didn't have to see the streaming little windows for the 2 seconds between Apple trailers.

3. The abilty to play random mp3s from a folder when going through the trivia slides would be cool. I got together 100 of greatest musical orchestra themes from movies, and noticed it only does a playlist which would mean the same jingles in the background every time.

4. The running of a script idea is great too. I have Smartbytes arfx ambient lights on the back of my TV and although they stopped working for some software or driver reason I have yet to figure out, this would definitely motivate me to fix them if possible to have them light up at the start of the feature presentation. (If interested, they work great on my personal arcade machine, got them at http://www.arfx.nl)

Also, thanks for all the links to great intros etc. all around!

One thing I haven't heard mentioned, outros... having trouble finding anything out there that would fit the bill for on exit of feature and on exit of theater experience. What I was thinking would be great would be a "That's all folks" or something similar at the end of the feature, and curtains closing in HD on the end of theater part (might be cool if the slides started back at the end of everything till actively ended... not going to put that one in my requests yet, but just throwing the idea out there to see what people think). I have a good high quality curtain opening sequence I want to save for when the trivia slides intro is working, if there were a way to create an avi of a sequence and record it playing backwards that might could give me a closing sequence, anyone know of software that could do that? And for "that's all folks" or something similar, any custom blender files out there for that? What do you guys use for the outros?

PS... already bought the AVS $7 disks, should be here in a few days. Smile

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-04

1. not really on my end. possibly a skin could run a script if Player.IsPaused not sure. any skinners have any ideas?

2. post a trac ticket feature request, for an option to not display the caching dialog for player. not something i can do now, but maybe an extra option to play that sets a property.

3. yes i agree a playlist isn't the best idea. will look at it.

4. the running of the script would run (when enabled) before any videos start. now the script could have it's own check to not execute the commands until video playing == eg the rating video, so it could dim or whatever just before the movie starts.

for outros, search torrents for what you described. and if you find some package them up for all of us. the porky pig one would be cool.

oo_void, how would i determine the rating of local trailers? maybe if you store them in rating folders. G, PG... an nfo file for each video might be too slow, so that's out.

juanflaco, when i'm done and when/if you're done with your charts (very nice) may i put them in the first post.

mccorkled are you ready for a link yet?

- mccorkled - 2010-01-04

a link for my package? not really. I need to know if you plan on only having .avi support.

- Juanflaco - 2010-01-04

Nuka1195 Wrote:juanflaco, when i'm done and when/if you're done with your charts (very nice) may i put them in the first post.
Absolutely. I'll take a stab at putting something more comprehensive together in the next day or so.

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-04

Nuka1195 Wrote:yes, the advancing is xbmc's behavior.

the rating videos do not have to be avi files, they just have to be named with an .avi ext. and no that won't change. yes that should be the only ones that need a specific ext. since i have to create the path to the file.

- kiboy6 - 2010-01-04

Nuka1195 Wrote:yes, the advancing is xbmc's behavior.

In which case, is there any chance of reverting back to HTE's old behaviour? It does look a bit jarring when the last thing you see before the trailers start is the fanart for a completely different movie Smile

Thanks!

- Invincer - 2010-01-04

Played around tilll I found a way to reverse the curtains opening to look like they are closing. Added some applause as they do, then after about 5 seconds of stilll curtains.... fade to black. I am making this my feature outro, just need to find a customizable version of "that's all folks" or something similar without the company moniker if possible to be the feature outro, so it can precede the curtain closing...

http://www.invincer.com/closingcurtains.wmv
(right click, save as)

- mccorkled - 2010-01-04

what DB do I need to modify in order to get my ratings to work? I tried renaming the files but ":" isnt allowed.

Can there be subfolders for the dolby clips?

I have my main folder with "Dolby" "DTS" "Other"
In the dolby folder I have a "Dolby 5.1" folder, and a "Dolby 7.1"
In the dts folder I have a "DTS 5.1" and a "DTS 7.1"

will these work if they are grouped like this? or do they all need to be in the "Dolby" root?

- oo_void - 2010-01-04

Nuka1195 Wrote:oo_void, how would i determine the rating of local trailers? maybe if you store them in rating folders. G, PG... an nfo file for each video might be too slow, so that's out.

I don't have the source handy and I could have been miss reading the function, but when a file is selected, it appears to scan the metadata. If the data is on the tail of the file, like ID3 within MP3's it wouldn't be that slow. Then again, this would only work well if one had Apple sourced trailers with the metadata intact and probably too much of an edge case to justify the effort. Oh well ...

It would probably be more effective to do something within the scope of one of the true scrapers. That would be to check and see if the file exists in the specified trailer directory (based on filename matching) and construct a local URI as opposed one pointing towards the Apple site should the file exist.

- Therms - 2010-01-05

oo_void Wrote:I don't have the source handy and I could have been miss reading the function, but when a file is selected, it appears to scan the metadata. If the data is on the tail of the file, like ID3 within MP3's it wouldn't be that slow. Then again, this would only work well if one had Apple sourced trailers with the metadata intact and probably too much of an edge case to justify the effort. Oh well ...

It would probably be more effective to do something within the scope of one of the true scrapers. That would be to check and see if the file exists in the specified trailer directory (based on filename matching) and construct a local URI as opposed one pointing towards the Apple site should the file exist.

oo_void, I wrote that Apple Trailer Downloader script. Give me a few days and I should be able to update it to sort them in to rating folders if that what Nuka wants to do.

I could also build .nfo files for the trailers if that's what he'd like to do.

- oo_void - 2010-01-05

Therms Wrote:oo_void, I wrote that Apple Trailer Downloader script. Give me a few days and I should be able to update it to sort them in to rating folders if that what Nuka wants to do.

I could also build .nfo files for the trailers if that's what he'd like to do.

Well, fancy meeting you here then. Wink Thanks a lot for the script! I've added it to my nightly processes on my Windows box and it's working great. If I'm feeling adventurous this weekend, I'll try and get it up an running on one of my Linux servers.