Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- s_inman - 2010-12-13

Hi all,

I have the script working for DTS, Dolby, Trailers and intros etc but I cant get the Ratings to work, any ideas? I have my files named as the structure on page 1 of this thread.

Many thanks.

- User 55003 - 2010-12-13

Are your Ratings ".avi" files ? I seem to remember avi was the go for ratings, could be wrong Big Grin

- s_inman - 2010-12-13

Steveb Wrote:Are your Ratings ".avi" files ? I seem to remember avi was the go for ratings, could be wrong Big Grin

Yes they sure are.

- Tomkun - 2010-12-13

s_inman Wrote:Yes they sure are.

Make sure you have the MPAA set, not just the rating.

Also make sure it says "Rated G" not just "G".

- Targettio - 2010-12-13

SlaveUnit Wrote:Wow RC4 eh? Is this Back To The Future IV that I am in? Smile

Woops I meant RC2, got confused between the RCs and Betas Tongue

One thing I haven't got to work is the ratings system. I have downloaded the UK ratings videos from the HTE pack (linked some where in this thread) but it doesn't work.

What does the script look for?
"Rated G"
"Rated PG13"
etc?

If so, would I be able to cheat and rename my UK videos (U, PG, 12A, 15, 18) to the US names to get it to work?

Also, how does it decide which audio clip to play? As I have had it play the THX intro for everything except videos with Dolby/DTS sound (inc low def stuff). Is there away to set it up so it ONLY plays and audio intro IF the file has the appropriate sound encoding? So I don't have a 7.1 THX intro to a 2.0 SD video?

I know that's a lot of questions for a script that only got ported a few days ago, so ignore me if you want Big Grin

- ackbarr - 2010-12-13

Targettio Wrote:Woops I meant RC2, got confused between the RCs and Betas Tongue

One thing I haven't got to work is the ratings system. I have downloaded the UK ratings videos from the HTE pack (linked some where in this thread) but it doesn't work.

What does the script look for?
"Rated G"
"Rated PG13"
etc?

If so, would I be able to cheat and rename my UK videos (U, PG, 12A, 15, 18) to the US names to get it to work?

Also, how does it decide which audio clip to play? As I have had it play the THX intro for everything except videos with Dolby/DTS sound (inc low def stuff). Is there away to set it up so it ONLY plays and audio intro IF the file has the appropriate sound encoding? So I don't have a 7.1 THX intro to a 2.0 SD video?

I know that's a lot of questions for a script that only got ported a few days ago, so ignore me if you want Big Grin

Ratings: the script pulls the movie rating from the xbmc video database and looks for one of the following:

Rated G
Rated PG
Rated PG-13
Rated R
Rated NC-17
Unrated

It peels off the "Rated" part and looks for a <rating>.avi file in ratings directory, so yes if your UK ratings files were named G.avi, PG.avi, ... they would be used instead.

Audio: At the moment, only the type of audio (Dolby Digital, DTS, Everything else) is pulled from the database. The number of channels in the source are not taken into account.

- Targettio - 2010-12-13

Thanks for the info on the ratings, I will try that tonight.

As for the audio, I wasn't talking directly about the number of channels, just that I am play a THX intro to a video which doesn't have THX sound.

In my mind how it would ideally work is:
The audio intro is based exactly on the type of sound in the video file.

So if you have Dolby Digital Plus sound then it plays the Dolby Digital Plus intro, but if the video is Dolby TrueHD then it plays the Dolby TrueHD intro. Continuing this theme on for all the different formats

And for SD (acc/mp3/mpeg etc) then you play an "SD audio intro" (or no intro if your prefer).

Possibly a bit of a far reaching request for such a new project, but something to thing about, maybe.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-13

Does anyone know if there is some type of filtering going on with what slides will play and what ones wont? Out of the 1400 slides I have only my Pixar ones play. These are the Silent Hill ones I made a while ago to test with. I dont see any reason why these are not working.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5FB6B1HI

Something has to be different now because all of these slides used to work pre-Dharma.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-13

Targettio Wrote:Thanks for the info on the ratings, I will try that tonight.

As for the audio, I wasn't talking directly about the number of channels, just that I am play a THX intro to a video which doesn't have THX sound.

In my mind how it would ideally work is:
The audio intro is based exactly on the type of sound in the video file.

So if you have Dolby Digital Plus sound then it plays the Dolby Digital Plus intro, but if the video is Dolby TrueHD then it plays the Dolby TrueHD intro. Continuing this theme on for all the different formats

And for SD (acc/mp3/mpeg etc) then you play an "SD audio intro" (or no intro if your prefer).

Possibly a bit of a far reaching request for such a new project, but something to thing about, maybe.

Good ideas for the future on matching more audio codecs. Also realize that THX is not an audio type its only and opinionated certification. So matching a THX intro will never happen because there is no way (unless you include it in your filename) that XBMC will know it's THX.

- Nuka1195 - 2010-12-13

targettio, look in myvideos34.db and find the different audio streams and post what you find out. i asked for this before. if there is a way to differentiate them then sounds like a good addition.

slaveunit, there is filtering for slides also, not sure if it's in the version your using, but definately in the new. i think i may require a slides.xml now. again not sure about this version. probably says somewhere in all the pages Smile

and good job to those maintaining this. you took a lot of pressure off me. and if you want to collaborate on the new version let me know. look forward to seeing any new ideas you come up with.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-13

Thanks Nuka.

Wasn't the slides.xml just for using trivia so they were posted in the correct order? Such as QA slides. Otherwise I dont think a slides.xml was needed. If slides are just plain jpegs they should (or at least used to) just display. Im just wondering why only one of my sets of slides display and the other ones do not at tall.

EDIT: Actually more play that I thought. Let me go through some of this and I will update.

Yeah Im still lost on why some slides play and some dont. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TEST THESE to see if they will play/display as slides for them Thanks.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9CIYA1XO

- Hitcher - 2010-12-13

I've added support for this to Alaska Revisited now - all you have to do install it through Nuka's repo, set it up as you wish, and when you press Play in the info screen it'll start.

- soundbyte - 2010-12-13

Is there any way to auto download the newest trailers ahead of time? My internet connection stinks, so streaming the trailers always results in pausing to buffer.

I'd like to have the Cinema Experience play the newest trailers (like it does when set to stream), but have it (or some other way) autodownload these AHEAD of time, so they can play uninterrupted when Cinema Experience starts.

Is this possible?
Also, is it possible to have the script run everytime a "movie" (e.g - not a TV show) is played?

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-13

soundbyte Wrote:Is there any way to auto download the newest trailers ahead of time? My internet connection stinks, so streaming the trailers always results in pausing to buffer.

I'd like to have the Cinema Experience play the newest trailers (like it does when set to stream), but have it (or some other way) autodownload these AHEAD of time, so they can play uninterrupted when Cinema Experience starts.

Is this possible?
Also, is it possible to have the script run everytime a "movie" (e.g - not a TV show) is played?

There is/was a script that downloaded all the trailers. Id say jump back maybe 15 pages in here or so. Its in there somewhere.

- ijourneaux - 2010-12-13

I always used ATD (Apple Trailer Downloader) to download trailers to my computer. After chagnes to the Apple site, that approach is broken. The author has promised a fix.

In searching for alternatives I located HD Trailers.Net Downloader

http://hdtrailersdler.codeplex.com/

THis seems to work well. Just schedule it to run once or more times per day to download new trailers.