Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-13

Harro Wrote:I am by no means a coder or have any knowledge of it, but I googled around and this is what I have for all the stills for my .xml file

Since putting that in the stills folders I can have random .jpgs coming out. Hope that helps.

Only reason I put an .xml in was because of the Folder Structure jpg that had shown xml files in the stills.

Damn this is driving me insane. Even with the slides.xml in each folder they do not play. I even just did a clean reinstall of XBMC and only added the Night skin and the cinema script.

Any ideas Nuka? Could it be the resolution of the slides maybe? Viewing them through "Pictures" works fine.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-13

macshield Wrote:Ok I must have missed it. How is everyone able to configure the script? Every time I go to configure it in the menu xbmc just resets itself.

Are you going to the script then hitting "c" to bring up the context menu?

- Nuka1195 - 2010-12-13

idk slaveunit, perhaps a debug log would show something.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-13

Nuka1195 Wrote:idk slaveunit, perhaps a debug log would show something.

http://pastebin.com/6drFLKyV

Looking through it myself as well. :/

I can clearly see that it adds no slides. Could it be since the includes.xml file isnt loading?

Line 384 - 13:41:40 T:5576 M:1503092736 INFO: Error loading includes.xml file (PAL/includes.xml): Failed to open file (row=0, col=0)

- Nuka1195 - 2010-12-14

looking at the code, slides.xml is NOT required.

why it's skipping those i do not know.

in xbmcscript_trivia.py at line 91, put "print path". make sure it's indented the same as the line below it. then at line 94 put "print entries". that will determine if the getdirectory call is working. no quotes

- Harro - 2010-12-14

SlaveUnit I have been playing around with te Movie Quotes and MovieTunes Quotes. I can get then to play if I rename the .JPG to small case .jpg. Also I took out the .xml files and unticked use slides.xml in the config of Home Theater Cinema in XBMC.I now can play the trivia and all the rest through the theater button on the info screen of the main movie but still will not play the movie quiz trivia through the theater button. Only plays the stills and not the quiz. I must continue to look through the files again.

- Nuka1195 - 2010-12-14

that would make sense.

elif ( entry and os.path.splitext( entry )[ 1 ] in xbmc.getSupportedMedia( "picture" ) ):

that will fail, because getSupportedMedia returns lower case.

the regex's should ignorecase maybe for the ones with a slides.xml.

the other line should be

elif ( entry and os.path.splitext( entry )[ 1 ].lower() in xbmc.getSupportedMedia( "picture" ) ):

- yut4n1 - 2010-12-14

ijourneaux Wrote:I always used ATD (Apple Trailer Downloader) to download trailers to my computer. After chagnes to the Apple site, that approach is broken. The author has promised a fix.

In searching for alternatives I located HD Trailers.Net Downloader

http://hdtrailersdler.codeplex.com/

THis seems to work well. Just schedule it to run once or more times per day to download new trailers.

this is a great alternative, the only thing it doesn't do is add the '-trailer' extension needed so xbmc and hte script need to play them..

anyone get this sorted and i'm a happy bunny! (oh and how to add a dedicated hte button into customisable confluence too Wink)

- Nuka1195 - 2010-12-14

looking at my new version, that is what i do for determining valid media files.

about apple trailers. i was almost done with a new version, then i changed things, but one of the features was to be able to download latest trailers on a schedule.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-14

Harro Wrote:SlaveUnit I have been playing around with te Movie Quotes and MovieTunes Quotes. I can get then to play if I rename the .JPG to small case .jpg. Also I took out the .xml files and unticked use slides.xml in the config of Home Theater Cinema in XBMC.I now can play the trivia and all the rest through the theater button on the info screen of the main movie but still will not play the movie quiz trivia through the theater button. Only plays the stills and not the quiz. I must continue to look through the files again.

Great FIND!
Yes, once renaming the .JPG to .jpg fixed those. But now we are in the same boat with the actual trivia slides not working.

For all my trivia (a,b or a,c,b) I have the folowing in my slides.xml. And as stated before, these used to work pre-Dharma
PHP Code:
<slides>
        <
slide>
     <
question format="Bond_Trivia_([0-9]{1,3})a\.jpg" />
     <
clue format="q([0-9]{1,3})c\.jpg" />
     <
answer format="Bond_Trivia_([0-9]{1,3})b\.jpg" />
     <
mpaa "N/A">
        </
slide>
    </
slides

This was for files called:
Bond_Trivia_1a.jpg
Bond_Trivia_1b.jpg
Bond_Trivia_2a.jpg
Bond_Trivia_2b.jpg
etc

- ijourneaux - 2010-12-14

yut4n1 Wrote:this is a great alternative, the only thing it doesn't do is add the '-trailer' extension needed so xbmc and hte script need to play them..

anyone get this sorted and i'm a happy bunny! (oh and how to add a dedicated hte button into customisable confluence too Wink)

I am not sure about XBMC but the HTE script (or is it now HCE) seems to work fine with the trainlers downloaded this way if you point HTE to the folder where the trailer are downloaded to.

- Harro - 2010-12-14

macshield Wrote:Ok I must have missed it. How is everyone able to configure the script? Every time I go to configure it in the menu xbmc just resets itself.

Not sure what you mean by resetting itself? Does XBMC lock up, does it do nothing. Need more info. Have you gotten all the special media files for the plug in? Do you have the folder stucture correct for the media files? More info is helpful.

For my trailers i use the apple lite and download to a folder with apple renaming and giving .nfo files to all the trailers. It would be nice to download all types of trailers but my disk space is limited, so I just go into apple lite plug in and get the trailers i think are cool. usually about 10-15 are enough. right click..download and play. once download is done and it starts to play I escape out and start another. works fine.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-14

Harro Wrote:SlaveUnit I have been playing around with te Movie Quotes and MovieTunes Quotes. I can get then to play if I rename the .JPG to small case .jpg. Also I took out the .xml files and unticked use slides.xml in the config of Home Theater Cinema in XBMC.I now can play the trivia and all the rest through the theater button on the info screen of the main movie but still will not play the movie quiz trivia through the theater button. Only plays the stills and not the quiz. I must continue to look through the files again.

Harro Wrote:Not sure what you mean by resetting itself? Does XBMC lock up, does it do nothing. Need more info. Have you gotten all the special media files for the plug in? Do you have the folder stucture correct for the media files? More info is helpful.

For my trailers i use the apple lite and download to a folder with apple renaming and giving .nfo files to all the trailers. It would be nice to download all types of trailers but my disk space is limited, so I just go into apple lite plug in and get the trailers i think are cool. usually about 10-15 are enough. right click..download and play. once download is done and it starts to play I escape out and start another. works fine.

My guess is that he is not going to the ADDONs section and going to the context menu and setting it up. If you go to a movie and the info and run it it will look like its resetting. Just what Im getting he is asking.

- Harro - 2010-12-14

What i find confusing is that i can get the script to run perfectly with the trivia Q&A's from the program custom button. Just dont get a main movie to play, but with the theater button on the info screen, I can only get the stills from the trivia folder to work plus all the intro's and trailers etc. etc. just not the Q&A's. Really wish I would have paid more attention in school. Big Grin

- giftie - 2010-12-14

macshield - If you had installed the script by any other means other than the Addon Repo the best thing to do is delete the following folders:

In addons - script.cinema.experience
In userdata/addon_data - script.cinema.experience

Restart XBMC, then download via the repo. This will verify you have the latest version and nothing is left behind from the previous version(the download link version on this thread had some extra stuff that is not needed and crashed when adjusting the settings..)