Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- pre1014 - 2009-10-31

jjwalker;
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=thx+trailer

- jjwalker - 2009-11-02

pre1014 thanks but I been to that website it does not let you download them just view off the site. I want to have the file so I can add it to my home theater experience I found a site that has them all in individual files but the quality is not that great if anyone is interested here is the link

http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/thx-trailers.php

- revned - 2009-11-14

After installing Alpha2 HTE is no longer working, is this a known problem?

- User 56649 - 2009-11-16

I am really sorry if this is stupid but i am really confused. After finally figuring out how to install this script i get a message saying i need a newer build of xbmc and that i should update, I just built my media center last week and used the installer available on xbmc.org should this not be the newest on? if not does that means this script only works with the 9.11 alpha? (that wont run my system just crashes Sad ) is there a way to update it to a newer build? i am running 20671 if i remember right i am not at it right now

- chane2k1 - 2009-11-16

i too am looking for this to be automated. its cumbersome to have to queue the movie then go back and run the script. does anyone know if this is going to be integrated into xbmc or of a windows program that already has this feature.

- ronie - 2009-11-16

chane2k1 Wrote:i too am looking for this to be automated. its cumbersome to have to queue the movie then go back and run the script. does anyone know if this is going to be integrated into xbmc or of a windows program that already has this feature.

the skin you're using has to support it.
or you can mod it yourself with the code found in the first post.

Working with Horizon-skin - michaeldecharon - 2009-11-16

Go to the directory:

\XBMC\skin\Horizonz - An Aeon Mod\720p

edit the file: DialogVideoInfo.xml

search for the line:

<control type="button" id="11">
<label>Trailer</label>
<include>contextformatinfo</include>

and add:

<onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
<onclick>Action(Queue,25)</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(special://home/scripts/Home Theater Experience/default.py)</onclick>

Now the button Trailer in the movieinfo works with the script

- chane2k1 - 2009-11-18

alright i got the horizons skin and inserted the new code. when i click the trailer button in info view it runs HTE but not the movie after it.

Help please: Home Theater Experience script to switch tv and amp - michaeldecharon - 2009-11-21

First of all, i love the script! Really nice work!

For my next step i want the script to switch my tv and amp to the right settings. I've this allready done with X10/homeseer.

So know i want to know if someone can help me out to integrate this code to de script:

# Send HTTP Post
import urllib
WEBSVR = "http://htpc/"
devicename = "TV-DVD input"
action = "action_on"
cmd = "On"
# Encode the data
params = urllib.urlencode({'control_device':devicename, action:cmd, 'selectdim':0})
# Send POST command to Homeseer
urllib.urlopen(WEBSVR, params)

Of course above is not my script/code i've get it from Livin who made xbmc works with homeseer/X10.

I allready asked him how to use this code in the script, but he told me he doesn't know how the script of Home Theater Experience works...

So if someone could point me in the right direction Big Grin

- michaeldecharon - 2009-11-21

chane2k1 Wrote:alright i got the horizons skin and inserted the new code. when i click the trailer button in info view it runs HTE but not the movie after it.

Mayby try to remove the line with clear playlist?

- pre1014 - 2009-11-29

michaeldecharon Wrote:Go to the directory:

\XBMC\skin\Horizonz - An Aeon Mod\720p

edit the file: DialogVideoInfo.xml

search for the line:

<control type="button" id="11">
<label>Trailer</label>

and add:

<onclick>RunScript(special://home/scripts/Home Theater Experience/default.py)</onclick>

Now the button Trailer in the movieinfo works with the script

Doesn't work for me 100% If the movie ACTUALLY has a trailer available my xbox will lock up. Better yet, you can ADD the button. If you don't replace a button, it still works and will scroll over to the new button. I added the following:

<control type="button" id="13">
<description>Home Theater Experience</description>
<label>Theater</label>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
</control>

i replaced the play control with this button

- Nuka1195 - 2009-11-29

michael, i like the idea,but...

hacking it in the main script will never happen.

when i'm able to do more i may add it.

1. take your x10 code save as a separate .py.
2. add a browse setting "Run script before movie" *.py only. (localized)
3. add self.settings[ "pre_show_script" ] = __settings__.getSetting( "pre_show_script" ) in _get_settings()
4. before "xbmc.Player().play( self.playlist )" in both xbmcplugin_player.py and xbmcplugin_trivia add or correct line with a check for empty setting:
PHP Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin"RunScript(%s)" self.settings"pre_show_script" ] ) 

this if done i would add

peoples problems, sorry, not able to look into them now.

- EvanXtreme - 2009-11-30

I know it's been asked but has anyone come across a nice HD or HQ "Feature Presentation" intro clip?

- mccorkled - 2009-12-01

Can someone help me get this working for me? I installed it and edited the settings I wanted.

I just dont understand how to get it to play when ever I select a movie to watch.

- Juanflaco - 2009-12-01

mccorkled Wrote:Can someone help me get this working for me? I installed it and edited the settings I wanted.

I just dont understand how to get it to play when ever I select a movie to watch.
I added the following control to DialogVideoInfo.xml which creates a new button labeled "Theater" on the movie info screen (this is with the Confluence skin.)

Code:
<control type="button" id="13">
  <description>Home Theater Experience</description>
  <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
  <label>Theater</label>
  <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
</control>

Using the theater button will launch the script and then play the movie. Any other mechanism for starting the movie will bypass the script.

So far everything is working really well. I'm still assembling a local directory of trailers to avoid the streaming dialogs, and paid the $7 for movie stills and trivia slides linked earlier in the thread.

Does anyone have clips to share for "Coming Attractions" and "Feature Presentation"?