Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- mccorkled - 2009-12-02

thank you for the fast reply!

Im using mediastream and I edited the file. I hope there was so specific place to paste in the text you provided. I saved the file but I cant seem to find where it added that button. Even in the context menu I dont see a "theater" button.

also.... When I download the plugin, It installs it to my local folder rather then the xbmc folder under program files.

it puts it in C:\users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC

(windoze 7)

- xm41907 - 2009-12-02

I love this plugin. I got it working exactly how I want it to, except for one thing. I set it to pull trailers based on the MPAA rating and genre, but it doesn't do it. I am using this mostly for my kids so I would like it to only show kid friendly trailers but it doesn't seem to be doing this. Saw VI is definitely not a kids movie! lol. Does anyone else have the same issue or know a tweak to get it working correctly?

- Juanflaco - 2009-12-02

mccorkled Wrote:thank you for the fast reply!

Im using mediastream and I edited the file. I hope there was so specific place to paste in the text you provided. I saved the file but I cant seem to find where it added that button. Even in the context menu I dont see a "theater" button.

also.... When I download the plugin, It installs it to my local folder rather then the xbmc folder under program files.

it puts it in C:\users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC

(windoze 7)
Hmmm - I'm not sure about where the script installs depending on how you're running XBMC. I entered the new control right after the control for "Play Trailer" in DialogVideoInfo.xml as shown below...
Code:
<control type="button" id="11">
            <description>Play Trailer</description>
            <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
            <label>20410</label>
            <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Trailer)</visible>
          </control>
         [b] <control type="button" id="13">
            <description>Home Theater Experience</description>
            <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
            <label>Theater</label>
            <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
            <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
            <onclick>Action(Queue,25)</onclick>
            <onclick>RunScript(special://home/scripts/Home Theater Experience/default.py)</onclick>
          </control>[/b]
        </control>
      </control>
    </control>
    <control type="image">
      <posx>26r</posx>
      <posy>0</posy>
      <width>846</width>
      <height>720</height>
      <texture flipx="true">HomeBlade.png</texture>
    </control>
    <include>Clock</include>
  </controls>
</window>

Are you sure you're looking at the video info screen (by pressing "i" over a movie)? The button won't appear in the context menu.

xm41907 Wrote:I love this plugin. I got it working exactly how I want it to, except for one thing. I set it to pull trailers based on the MPAA rating and genre, but it doesn't do it. I am using this mostly for my kids so I would like it to only show kid friendly trailers but it doesn't seem to be doing this. Saw VI is definitely not a kids movie! lol. Does anyone else have the same issue or know a tweak to get it working correctly?

I noticed this as well, could it be that the script considers the rating of the trailer itself, and not the movie being previewed? I ended up just downloading a dozen or so family / kid appropriate trailers and pointed the script to the local copies, since I was also seeing loading / buffering screens with the online trailers.

- mccorkled - 2009-12-02

I still dont get the button when ever I click "i"

I get...

play, cast, refresh, thumb, and fanart.

also when i pasted in the text... I noticed I dont have a "play trailer" section. could this be the problem? if my skin not letting me use this feature? I spent the $7 for the slides.

- xm41907 - 2009-12-02

Juanflaco Wrote:I noticed this as well, could it be that the script considers the rating of the trailer itself, and not the movie being previewed? I ended up just downloading a dozen or so family / kid appropriate trailers and pointed the script to the local copies, since I was also seeing loading / buffering screens with the online trailers.

I think you are right. It must be using the rating of the preview itself. I'll have to work at configuring it to play local trailers. Maybe I can link a folder to apple trailers and HTE so that I can screen them in apple trailers but have them download the ones I feel are appropriate to HTE.

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-02

so mccorkled you want a refund?

about the rating, post what your ratings are exactly in your xbmc db. it may not be calculating them correctly.

- Juanflaco - 2009-12-02

mccorkled Wrote:I still dont get the button when ever I click "i"

I get...

play, cast, refresh, thumb, and fanart.

also when i pasted in the text... I noticed I dont have a "play trailer" section. could this be the problem? if my skin not letting me use this feature? I spent the $7 for the slides.

I fired up MediaStream and I see the control but it's not an active button...

Unfortunately I don't know enough about skinning to figure out how to add it properly, but as you can see below the same code added in Confluence adds the button nicely...

However, there's something going on with the Trailer button in Confluence - I think if you don't have any trailers for the movie, the button doesn't show up (<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Trailer)</visible>). If you *do* have a trailer, it will probably screw up how the Theater button is presented (I think the trailer button goes there.) I don't use trailers for my library so this works for me.

Maybe give Confluence a shot and see if you like it?

edit: and on the topic of refunds, big thanks to Nuka1195 for this script. I'm constantly amazed at the functionality XBMC provides for no cost whatsoever, thanks to so many talented contributors giving their time. It's pretty astounding, really.

- w3__ - 2009-12-02

Lovely!

- mccorkled - 2009-12-02

A refund? no. I didnt mean to sound ungrateful for anything if thats how it seemed. Im excited to get this working! XBMC is my favorite hobby Smile always something fun to install and set up. Im going to go ahead and try that skin that you are using. Is there a list of all other skins its currently working for?

- mccorkled - 2009-12-02

I got it working! thanks!!!

I didnt get my trivia slides yet but....

does the trivia play BEFORE the trailers start?

- Juanflaco - 2009-12-02

mccorkled Wrote:I got it working! thanks!!!

I didnt get my trivia slides yet but....

does the trivia play BEFORE the trailers start?
Glad to hear you're up and running. Yes, the trivia plays before trailers. What I've got set up right now is...
  • 10 minutes of trivia slides, movie stills, etc. (I don't have mine either, just using placeholders for testing.)
  • "Coming Attractions" video clip (just some lame moving text I made in Windows Movie Maker.)
  • 2 Random trailers pulled from a local directory.
  • "Feature Presentation" video clip (ditto the Windows Movie Maker lameness.)

My only request (and maybe this is something a user could easily edit in the script?) would be to have a smaller increment available for trivia slides; say 5 minutes. If we launch the script once everyone has snacks and is settled, 10 minutes seems a little long for trivia. 5 minutes at 10 seconds per slide is 15 questions/answers minus a few if you have movie stills or other slides. That seems like plenty if you're not just killing time waiting on someone (even half that number at 20 seconds per slide would be plenty IMO.)

What we really need are some talented video editors to step up and make some decent intros to go before the trailer section and the feature presentation Smile

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-02

you can exit the trivia anytime.

when i am able i will add a 5 minute option, don't hold your breath though. if you want to hack yourself. in xbmcplugin_trailer.py:

change
PHP Code:
self._get_global_timerself.settings"trivia_total_time" ] * 60self._exit_trivia 

to
PHP Code:
self._get_global_timer60self._exit_trivia 

also the option to run a script before the movie starts.

- mccorkled - 2009-12-02

I too was wondering where I could get a good feature presentation and coming soon videos. Those coke slide are the bomb for sure.

- Juanflaco - 2009-12-02

Nuka1195 Wrote:you can exit the trivia anytime.

when i am able i will add a 5 minute option, don't hold your breath though. if you want to hack yourself. in xbmcplugin_trailer.py:

change
PHP Code:
self._get_global_timerself.settings"trivia_total_time" ] * 60self._exit_trivia 

to
PHP Code:
self._get_global_timer60self._exit_trivia 

also the option to run a script before the movie starts.

Thanks - I actually did just notice that trivia can be exited at any time by hitting esc twice, which is preferable to hard-coding the 5 minutes (it also allows the user to manually exit after an answer without having a question cut off unanswered by the end of the timer.)

One question regarding trivia slides - what's the best naming convention for mixing movie stills or other single slides among Q+A slides? I set them up essentially as a single question slide without an answer, which seemed to break the sequence. Is this expected?

I'll set them up in Q+A pairs so two movie stills will always appear back-to-back but it would be nice to know if there's an option to mix them in as single slides.

Thanks!

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-03

no mixing. each folder contains the same format,