Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] RecentlyAdded Script (RecentlyAdded.py) Recently Added for Skins / Skinners - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] RecentlyAdded Script (RecentlyAdded.py) Recently Added for Skins / Skinners (/showthread.php?tid=55907)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

- ronie - 2011-12-17

vikjon0 Wrote:Thanks, as I suppose you can see this change will keep only the episode with the highest rowid (newest row hopefully) for each show. Fixing the issue what a drowned added list when a whole season is added.

Should I bother to log a trac?

personally i'd prefer things like the currently are.
but if the majority favors your way of doing it you should create a ticket for sure.

- kadeschs - 2011-12-30

All the links to the updated recentlyadded.py script are dead in this thread. Updating XBMC from Dharma to Eden seems to have broken recentlyadded.py across all skins. Everytime I go to the home screen, I get an annoying script error. Isn't everyone else having this same problem? I figured this would be issue #1 on the boards here.

- ronie - 2011-12-30

kadeschs Wrote:All the links to the updated recentlyadded.py script are dead in this thread. Updating XBMC from Dharma to Eden seems to have broken recentlyadded.py across all skins. Everytime I go to the home screen, I get an annoying script error. Isn't everyone else having this same problem? I figured this would be issue #1 on the boards here.

you don't need this script anymore, the functionality is now built-in in xbmc.

it's weird you get a script error in all skins though,
this can only happen if you're still using dharma skins i think.

- Hitcher - 2011-12-30

Maybe a good time to lock?

- Martijn - 2011-12-30

Hitcher Wrote:Maybe a good time to lock?

Still a lot of Dharma users out there. However not many users seem to have issues. Maybe wait until Eden is final?

- kadeschs - 2011-12-30

ronie Wrote:you don't need this script anymore, the functionality is now built-in in xbmc.

it's weird you get a script error in all skins though,
this can only happen if you're still using dharma skins i think.

Understood. However, I didn't specifically install this script per say and therefore would not know how to specifically uninstall it. It seems to just be part of some of the existing skins to pick from in XBMC. I will admit I just picked a skin offered to me while I was running Dharma and simply upgraded to Eden to initiate this problem. I'm not sure how to go look in XBMC to determine which skins presented to me are Eden compliant and which ones only fully work under the older Dharma version. I will try to look for this.

I will pose one question however. If this is now built into Eden and the script is no longer needed, why do the recently added movies and shows lists no longer present themselves correctly on the home screen? For example, the lists show no titles of the episodes since I've upgraded to Eden. I do see thumbnails though. It's as if the feature isn't fully working correctly yet.

- vikjon0 - 2011-12-30

read the post above again. You do not need to uninstall, you do not need at all.
Perhaps try re-install the skins. Have you tried confluence? You could also try posting the skin version number in a separate thread.

- Hitcher - 2011-12-30

kadeschs Wrote:I will pose one question however. If this is now built into Eden and the script is no longer needed, why do the recently added movies and shows lists no longer present themselves correctly on the home screen? For example, the lists show no titles of the episodes since I've upgraded to Eden. I do see thumbnails though. It's as if the feature isn't fully working correctly yet.

Or the skin hasn't been updated properly yet.

Which one is it?

- amet - 2011-12-30

kadeschs Wrote:Understood. However, I didn't specifically install this script per say and therefore would not know how to specifically uninstall it. It seems to just be part of some of the existing skins to pick from in XBMC. I will admit I just picked a skin offered to me while I was running Dharma and simply upgraded to Eden to initiate this problem. I'm not sure how to go look in XBMC to determine which skins presented to me are Eden compliant and which ones only fully work under the older Dharma version. I will try to look for this.

I will pose one question however. If this is now built into Eden and the script is no longer needed, why do the recently added movies and shows lists no longer present themselves correctly on the home screen? For example, the lists show no titles of the episodes since I've upgraded to Eden. I do see thumbnails though. It's as if the feature isn't fully working correctly yet.

debug log would have all the answers, start with that... my signature has how-to

- kadeschs - 2011-12-30

Hitcher Wrote:Or the skin hasn't been updated properly yet.

Which one is it?

This is what I was beginning to think to. It's as if the skins haven't been updated yet to work with the new version. I like the Recently Added feature and was hoping to at least manually correct the problem to get it working again. If nothing else, to keep the constant error notifications from popping up everytime I go to the home screen.

The skin's name is Rapier. However, the same thing seems to also be happening in Aeon MQ 2 so I assume the problem lied in the py script by which the skins called on.

- pecinko - 2011-12-30

Way too many posts about skin/script compatibilities that confuse even experienced users.

My sugestion is to imprement something like min and (optional) max xbmc version to skin's/script's addon.xml so eden skins/scripts can be disabled when upgraded to frodo. Similarily, to prevent pre-frodo skins from install in eden.

Very confusing is the need to use diferent skin names to avoid this, which leads to user using quartz-svn with nightly xbmc builds but have to "change" skin to quartz when stable is released.

Just my two cents.

- vikjon0 - 2011-12-30

or add the XBMC version to the add-on version. 10.1.yyyy 11.0.yyyy. I never liked the idea to use a version gap to separate dharma version from eden version.

EDIT: I realize this is also a version gap....but with some logic to it.

- kadeschs - 2011-12-30

Fixed it. By the way, for anyone that doesn't mind tweaking under the hood, just renaming
/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.recentlyadded/RecentlyAdded.py will get everything working for right now until updates are made.

- Hitcher - 2011-12-30

kadeschs Wrote:This is what I was beginning to think to. It's as if the skins haven't been updated yet to work with the new version. I like the Recently Added feature and was hoping to at least manually correct the problem to get it working again. If nothing else, to keep the constant error notifications from popping up everytime I go to the home screen.

The skin's name is Rapier. However, the same thing seems to also be happening in Aeon MQ 2 so I assume the problem lied in the py script by which the skins called on.

What happens if you refresh one of those episodes?

There might not be any image because, at the time of scraping, there wasn't an image available on the tvdb.

- BigNoid - 2011-12-30

pecinko Wrote:Way too many posts about skin/script compatibilities that confuse even experienced users.

My sugestion is to imprement something like min and (optional) max xbmc version to skin's/script's addon.xml so eden skins/scripts can be disabled when upgraded to frodo. Similarily, to prevent pre-frodo skins from install in eden.

Very confusing is the need to use diferent skin names to avoid this, which leads to user using quartz-svn with nightly xbmc builds but have to "change" skin to quartz when stable is released.

Just my two cents.

i don't think XBMC version numbers have to do anything with this. it's all about which api or xbmc.gui is used. The recent added script is really an exception to the rule because the functionality has been moved to core.