Kodi Community Forum
Ellipsis & Ellipsis HD for XBMC Media Center - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Ellipsis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=119)
+----- Thread: Ellipsis & Ellipsis HD for XBMC Media Center (/showthread.php?tid=55935)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- Blackbolt - 2009-09-21

AnalogKid Wrote:People should read.
I've never asked when any skin will be ready, nor do I care when it's finished... I think it's looking splendid and could be one of the next generation progressions in XBMC skins. This isn't in question...

The criticism lies in folks getting annoyed by folks asking when it will arrive or at a single posting by a member highlighting an alternative approach to releasing a skin (big bang).

If you promote a product, for whatever reason, with a 'coming soon' tag line... it should not be a surprise when you stir up interest and folks want to know when it will arrive.
If you create promo vids and websites (all good stuff), live by the reaction the promo creates (good, bad and inquisitive), don't moan that it caused a stir, or at how folks react to it. You can't really have it both ways.

I'd like to reiterate that I don't have any aversion to any repeated comments or questions about when this skin will be released. I appreciate the interest greatly.

You seem to keep banging on about this one point that I've shown off Ellipsis too much, teased it too much, built hype, 'promoted' it too much, too early. That's just your opinion and while I appreciate you're entirely entitled to it, I don't agree with it. I will show off as much of this skin as and when I see fit. If I had wanted to do an Apple style reveal and release it at the same time I would have done, but that is not how I wanted to do it. I wanted to make sure people could see what we where working on, justify the countless hours and late nights.

My personal opinion is hype is self driven, if comments that something has received too much hype or is undeserved of such hype, they themselves are scorned of that hype. I can understand why someone would have such a negative opinion of something being shown off early, before its available. Maybe some people are just too sensitive and need to be protected from themselves.

Anyway lets get this back on topic guys, got a skin to get ready here, after all it is COMING SOON after all.

- speedway - 2009-09-21

Blackbolt Wrote:Anyway lets get this back on topic guys,....

I completely agree with you!
After skin release, I'll show you my appreciation for the hard work you're puting in this skin by making a donation.

- mathie - 2009-09-21

Blackbolt Wrote:Anyway lets get this back on topic guys, got a skin to get ready here, after all it is COMING SOON after all.

I have followed this project for years (i think!) can't remember when i saw about the project first time. Then i happend NOTHING for a very very long time, but some months ago i got really suprised that the project still going on!!

After you launch the new website i have come every day once or twice to check for a release hehe...

I dont complain about its not being finished, not at all, what i want to say is that i appriciate your work and im really LOOKING FORWARD to the release, you're guys doing a GREAT JOB!! TNX!!!!!!

I know real life takes time, i have 2 kids myself, and bringing 20+ hours aweek for a non-profit work is really fantastic, keep up the great works guys!!!!!

- EqUiNoX - 2009-09-21

mathie Wrote:I have followed this project for years (i think!) can't remember when i saw about the project first time. Then i happend NOTHING for a very very long time, but some months ago i got really suprised that the project still going on!!

After you launch the new website i have come every day once or twice to check for a release hehe...

I dont complain about its not being finished, not at all, what i want to say is that i appriciate your work and im really LOOKING FORWARD to the release, you're guys doing a GREAT JOB!! TNX!!!!!!

I know real life takes time, i have 2 kids myself, and bringing 20+ hours aweek for a non-profit work is really fantastic, keep up the great works guys!!!!!

Thanks for your kind comments, things like that help us continue in our endeavors. I normally take a back seat on the comments as Blackbolt expresses himself alot more clearly than I could ever do.

The actual development of Ellipsis did not take place until late last year and on top of that Ellipsis was my first ever skin. Thankfully I have been able to apply my coding skills to the job at hand and been able to stretch XBMC to the limits.

On top of that where XBMC has not been able to do what I want, I have managed to add functionality to XBMC itself. So it hasnt just been straight forward working on the skin job.

Ellipsis is comming soon, I know as my todo list is relatively small Big Grin

Hopefully real life wont get in the way too much Nerd

Thanks for all your support and positive comments.

- picodegiao - 2009-09-21

EqUiNoX Wrote:Thankfully I have been able to apply my coding skills to the job at hand and been able to stretch XBMC to the limits.

This just made me more excited to see this skin!

- paul - 2009-09-22

EqUiNoX Wrote:Thanks for your kind comments, things like that help us continue in our endeavors. I normally take a back seat on the comments as Blackbolt expresses himself alot more clearly than I could ever do.

The actual development of Ellipsis did not take place until late last year and on top of that Ellipsis was my first ever skin. Thankfully I have been able to apply my coding skills to the job at hand and been able to stretch XBMC to the limits.
I am certain your skills will be up to the job as i know Blackbolt has always released great skins that just work right out of the box so to speak, which is why i am so eager to see both teamblackbolts projects completed. My only complaint is this i will not know which to choose as they both look fantastic and both totally different.
And i for one will wait for these two fine skins for as long as it takes, and thanks for all your great work over the years.SmileSmile

- adriank99 - 2009-09-22

o man, the sneak peak screenshots looks amazing. Can not wait for release. CTRL + R'ing til it comes out Tongue

- jmcconn110 - 2009-09-23

3... 2... 1... !!! rats...

- WeirdH - 2009-09-24

This skin will most likely be extremely cool. And awesome. And other superlatives.

- migrab - 2009-09-24

@Blackbolt
If You find some time can You spoil us with any new screenshots or how The Progress goin? Cheers

- tmc701 - 2009-09-25

Hopefully, the forum silence means that Blackbolt and Equinox are feverishly coding away, night and day. Wrapping up the final elements, with empty cans of energy drinks strewn around them, like a grand field of battle.

Well, one can hope...

Thank you, Blackbolt and Equinox, for your hard work and contribution to the community. I'm looking forward to the day that this skin drops. "Soon" is good, but "soon" never feels soon enough Oo (The whole 'incident' within this thread felt like a Kanye West moment... "I'm gonna let you finish, but...")

And hey, if the skin's not dropping today, what could a couple of new screenies hurt? Wink

- Blackbolt - 2009-09-26

tmc701 Wrote:Hopefully, the forum silence means that Blackbolt and Equinox are feverishly coding away, night and day. Wrapping up the final elements, with empty cans of energy drinks strewn around them, like a grand field of battle.

Well, one can hope...

Thank you, Blackbolt and Equinox, for your hard work and contribution to the community. I'm looking forward to the day that this skin drops. "Soon" is good, but "soon" never feels soon enough Oo (The whole 'incident' within this thread felt like a Kanye West moment... "I'm gonna let you finish, but...")

And hey, if the skin's not dropping today, what could a couple of new screenies hurt? Wink

We'll see if I can sort something out for tonight. Big Grin

- paul - 2009-09-26

Cooool i assume you mean new screenies?

- Blackbolt - 2009-09-29

Well unfortunatly I wasn't able to find extra time to get any screenies done as promised, I decided to use the time to get some artwork for ellipsis done instead, I'm sure you'll all agree this was a better choice! Smile

- paul - 2009-09-29

no problemo. besides it makes the skin more of a surprise if you don't know exactly what it all looks like in my opinion, am really looking forward to seeing this one and replace my Current skinWink