Kodi Community Forum
Ellipsis & Ellipsis HD for XBMC Media Center - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Ellipsis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=119)
+----- Thread: Ellipsis & Ellipsis HD for XBMC Media Center (/showthread.php?tid=55935)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- picodegiao - 2009-09-29

You do make wise decisions, Blackbolt! I can go without new screenshots if that means a quicker release.

- vtinoc - 2009-09-30

Nice skin and color, is there going to be a blue theme?
Blue is my favorite color

- Blackbolt - 2009-09-30

vtinoc Wrote:Nice skin and color, is there going to be a blue theme?
Blue is my favorite color

For Beta Zero, the first public release, there will be only the default theme 'Abyss', we do have an Ice theme planned, but it looks so similar to what Alaska is doing, I am unsure about releasing it, might still go ahead with that. That might be in the second beta, Beta One, or might save it for our final 1.0 release.

Your question about a blue skin, early on I did do a blue tinted abyss theme and it looked quite good, so you never know. Alls you'd have to do is change the background image to a blue version and the way the skin works, it would take the blue colour right through everything.

- jmcconn110 - 2009-10-01

Blackbolt Wrote:For Beta Zero, the first public release, there will be only the default theme 'Abyss', we do have an Ice theme planned, but it looks so similar to what Alaska is doing, I am unsure about releasing it, might still go ahead with that. That might be in the second beta, Beta One, or might save it for our final 1.0 release.

Your question about a blue skin, early on I did do a blue tinted abyss theme and it looked quite good, so you never know. Alls you'd have to do is change the background image to a blue version and the way the skin works, it would take the blue colour right through everything.

sick. I'm going to go change my pants now...

- nvaia - 2009-10-01

This will probably be taken the wrong way but here I go!

I am building a mini pc that will hold xbmc and a library of movies and TV shows for a birthday present to a family member, so they can attach it to their TV. I was hoping to install Ellipsis as the default skin and was just wondering if the beta version of this skin would be out before October 15th?

If it isn't then it isn't, just thought I'd ask.

- Blackbolt - 2009-10-01

nvaia Wrote:This will probably be taken the wrong way but here I go!

I am building a mini pc that will hold xbmc and a library of movies and TV shows for a birthday present to a family member, so they can attach it to their TV. I was hoping to install Ellipsis as the default skin and was just wondering if the beta version of this skin would be out before October 15th?

If it isn't then it isn't, just thought I'd ask.

I don't know. That is the gods honest truth unfortunately, I have no idea when exactly it will be finished, alls I know is there's still stuff to do, when this stuff is done, we will release. If it helps, I'm preparing all the things I need to do for when we do release as I feel we're that close now. But as to knowing if it will be ready for the 15th, no idea, realistically I want to release before October 23rd 2009 because Forza 3 is out! Laugh Or if I don't release then, deffinatly before November 9th, as it's my birthday and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is out. If we don't release before MW2 is out, we have no chance of finishing the skin for at least another year I'd imagine. Rofl

- migrab - 2009-10-01

Coming very soon = no later than November 9th
and we have the deadline...
for now its > 39 daysSmile

- nvaia - 2009-10-01

Blackbolt Wrote:I don't know. That is the gods honest truth unfortunately, I have no idea when exactly it will be finished, alls I know is there's still stuff to do, when this stuff is done, we will release. If it helps, I'm preparing all the things I need to do for when we do release as I feel we're that close now. But as to knowing if it will be ready for the 15th, no idea, realistically I want to release before October 23rd 2009 because Forza 3 is out! Laugh Or if I don't release then, deffinatly before November 9th, as it's my birthday and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is out. If we don't release before MW2 is out, we have no chance of finishing the skin for at least another year I'd imagine. Rofl

Cool, thanks!

- paul - 2009-10-01

The different colour themes sounds great and i do hope you release it before Forza3 otherwise you won't be able to tear yourself away from your 360 for weeks. can't wait for that to come out too.

- speedway - 2009-10-04

it seems like team b is taking the lead (in release & $$) ... come on team a !!

- Blackbolt - 2009-10-04

speedway Wrote:it seems like team b is taking the lead (in release & $$) ... come on team a !!

Hardly, Xperience is far from complete, thats why their release will be alpha and not beta, its unfinished and missing a large amount. Donations aren't a competition, but if you guys want to make it one, then I am more than happy to let you guys battle it out!

While it would be very easy to say we'd let Ellipsis be available to just donators and friends to increase donations, we feel we'd rather just let everyone have access to ellipsis at the same time, for free. Smile

shrek - Shrek - 2009-10-04

Blackbolt Wrote:Hardly, Xperience is far from complete, thats why their release will be alpha and not beta, its unfinished and missing a large amount. Donations aren't a competition, but if you guys want to make it one, then I am more than happy to let you guys battle it out!

While it would be very easy to say we'd let Ellipsis be available to just donators and friends to increase donations, we feel we'd rather just let everyone have access to ellipsis at the same time, for free. Smile

that sounds it would like a fun time! shrek hopes that this is released by 2010.

shrek

- blacklist - 2009-10-04

Blackbolt Wrote:Hardly, Xperience is far from complete, thats why their release will be alpha and not beta, its unfinished and missing a large amount. Donations aren't a competition, but if you guys want to make it one, then I am more than happy to let you guys battle it out!

I like many others am eagerly awaiting the release, Blackbolt - totally appreciate wanting to have it ready for prime time before you let it go, though.

Good luck on putting on the finishing touches - looks like its going to be awesome.

- XBMCG33K - 2009-10-04

speedway Wrote:it seems like team b is taking the lead (in release & $$) ... come on team a !!

It's above and beyond not a race, And as Blackbolt has said we're nowhere near completion.

Blackbolt Wrote:While it would be very easy to say we'd let Ellipsis be available to just donators and friends to increase donations, we feel we'd rather just let everyone have access to ellipsis at the same time, for free. Smile

I quite agree except letting the donators and friends have copies in an alpha stage ensure a bit more security, the more donations are nice but in the end it's still free to use.

We could just have Ellipsis and Xperience get a couple grand in donations and then drop them half assed to the gen public like Alaska was ... lol

- Blackbolt - 2009-10-04

XBMCG33K Wrote:It's above and beyond not a race, And as Blackbolt has said we're nowhere near completion.

I quite agree except letting the donators and friends have copies in an alpha stage ensure a bit more security, the more donations are nice but in the end it's still free to use.

We could just have Ellipsis and Xperience get a couple grand in donations and then drop them half assed to the gen public like Alaska was ... lol

Yeah but Duncan only dropped Alaska because he couldn't continue on with things with it. It's impossible to make Ellipsis half assed now, I'd have to start breaking things again! Shocked