Kodi Community Forum
Ellipsis & Ellipsis HD for XBMC Media Center - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Ellipsis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=119)
+----- Thread: Ellipsis & Ellipsis HD for XBMC Media Center (/showthread.php?tid=55935)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- migrab - 2009-09-17

Ellipsis will be absolutely must have for XBMC Users. Its like Dirt 2 for racing fans, like air for lungs... Yeah it will be fuuun

@Blackbolt
I wish for You and team that You will have proper profits of Yours work

Is there chance it will come out this month?

- viker - 2009-09-17

I'm very excited for the release of this skin. I have a feeling it will be amazing, especially for regular ol' xbox users Smile

- Blackbolt - 2009-09-18

migrab Wrote:Ellipsis will be absolutely must have for XBMC Users. Its like Dirt 2 for racing fans, like air for lungs... Yeah it will be fuuun

@Blackbolt
I wish for You and team that You will have proper profits of Yours work

Is there chance it will come out this month?

I wish FOR yOU, pleasant translation Which, friend is Not with yoU babelfish.

There's a chance it will come out in 3,2,1......but it didn't! Smile There's always a chance. We're working hard right now and keep your eyes pealed on that website.

- migrab - 2009-09-18

@ Blackbolt
hahaha Funny guy you are, i undestand then you speak more than one language or as a proper english native none?
3...2...1... it didnt came out again
3...2...1... fingers cross
There was a time i was checking your site many time during a day but since i bought 360 i please myself for a time without Ellipsis playing
I hope you will have proper profit for Yours hard work

- Blackbolt - 2009-09-18

migrab Wrote:@ Blackbolt
hahaha Funny guy you are, i undestand then you speak more than one language or as a proper english native none?
3...2...1... it didnt came out again
3...2...1... fingers cross
There was a time i was checking your site many time during a day but since i bought 360 i please myself for a time without Ellipsis playing
I hope you will have proper profit for Yours hard work

I speak english

Je parle français

Ich spreche deutsche

I also talk back often Tongue

- migrab - 2009-09-18

Ich auch spreche deutsch
and speak fluent polishSmile so we equalSmile in that matter
3...2...1... its sounds like very soon
You have put so much work and time that i think it wont be beta

- speedway - 2009-09-18

Nice project approach of Scarfa today ... BIG BANG.
http://xbmc.org/theuni/2009/09/17/skin-release-rapier/

- Blackbolt - 2009-09-18

speedway Wrote:Nice project approach of Scarfa today ... BIG BANG.
http://xbmc.org/theuni/2009/09/17/skin-release-rapier/

Kind off topic don't you think, this forum section is for ellipsis, no other skins, stay on topic please.

- paul - 2009-09-19

Too right. I'm looking forward to this little gem being releasedSmile

- AnalogKid - 2009-09-20

Blackbolt Wrote:Kind off topic don't you think, this forum section is for ellipsis, no other skins, stay on topic please.

Bang ON topic...

His post isn't about another skin, but about the project approach. They simply released it when it was ready. This is in stark contrast to the number of skin threads stating "coming soon" and taking months to actual arrive. In the same breath saying "leave us to do our work".

It is unrealistic and slightly hypocritical to promote a skin with 'almost ready' and 'coming soon' then expect nobody to ask "when might that actually BE?"

The skin looks really promising, best of luck with it... I hope it remains in the spirit of XBMC and doesn't become a commercial activity.

- Blackbolt - 2009-09-21

AnalogKid Wrote:Bang ON topic...

His post isn't about another skin, but about the project approach. They simply released it when it was ready. This is in stark contrast to the number of skin threads stating "coming soon" and taking months to actual arrive. In the same breath saying "leave us to do our work".

It is unrealistic and slightly hypocritical to promote a skin with 'almost ready' and 'coming soon' then expect nobody to ask "when might that actually BE?"

The skin looks really promising, best of luck with it... I hope it remains in the spirit of XBMC and doesn't become a commercial activity.

While I appreciate your point, the post was not on topic. This thread is not about how other skins or other skinners do their business, this is out our skin Ellipsis and how we choose show it off. If you want to discuss how we plan our release or anything else you're unhappy about you can PM me, do not use this thread to sling mud.

This skin is a complicated and time consuming project to work on, its not something we can knock up in a few weeks, its taken us 9 months working 20+ hours a week, even more at times to produce. We have lives to get on with and our free-time is precious, we choose to spend as much of it as we can doing this stuff. If I want to show off the skin at any point, I have every right to. As this is a completely unpaid project, with no outside interference from any third party, myself and Equinox can pretty much approach it in any way we want. If it was a paid project in a commercial environment with paid subscribers or investors then obviously things would be done very differently.

I think its disgusting for you to infer that I am being hypocritical. I have only recently in the past weeks referred to the skin as being 'almost ready' because it IS...almost....ready......! I have never once complained about another skins release timescales, constantly buzzed skinners for release dates or anything of the sort. I have also not expected anything from our users other than their brilliant ideas and input and I am sure that our users would expect nothing but a high quality skin that we have the ability to produce no matter how long that takes. And every time I get asked a release date I will say the same thing, which is the truth, I don't know at this point but its got to be very soon because we're almost done. As soon as I know when we'll be ready I will let everyone who wants to know.

I must say though, comments like yours really don't motivate me to work any faster.

- The-Boxhead - 2009-09-21

Listen to blackbolts words of wisdom to all you that comes
on these forum to nag about when something is done.

Skins take huge amount of work to get done, i dont bellive anyone that actually themselves has tried to actually create a skin has any idea at all.

Slapping toghether a home screen with a button scroller is not the same as doing a complete skin or doing a mod.

Let the guys work in their own pace, it's relled when the authors bellive its ready for the public.

And blackbolt keep up the nice work on this skin. Im sure it's not only me who bellive this skin could be the new default for XBMC !

- AnalogKid - 2009-09-21

The-Boxhead Wrote:Listen to blackbolts words of wisdom to all you that comes
on these forum to nag about when something is done.

Skins take huge amount of work to get done, i dont bellive anyone that actually themselves has tried to actually create a skin has any idea at all.

Slapping toghether a home screen with a button scroller is not the same as doing a complete skin or doing a mod.

Let the guys work in their own pace, it's relled when the authors bellive its ready for the public.

And blackbolt keep up the nice work on this skin. Im sure it's not only me who bellive this skin could be the new default for XBMC !

A public forum is public... if you need to avoid people's comments, make a forum private.
It does look like being a great skin, but we aren't all sycophants. Somebody made a perfectly legitimate post which wasn't about another skin, but about how he believed (and I for that matter) that it was a project well done.

When you advertise work in progress, don't expect your advertisement to be interpreted uniformly... people are free to interpret it how they wish, and comment as they wish.

If it takes a year to complete... it takes a year. Nobody has a right to press for a speedy release (that is true)... the point is, if you say "coming soon" it is totally inevitable folks will assume 'soon' means soon and ask about timescales. You cannot be surprised at this when so much effort has gone into creating promotion for the skin.

- Batemann - 2009-09-21

AnalogKid Wrote:If it takes a year to complete... it takes a year. Nobody has a right to press for a speedy release (that is true)... the point is, if you say "coming soon" it is totally inevitable folks will assume 'soon' means soon and ask about timescales. You cannot be surprised at this when so much effort has gone into creating promotion for the skin.

Interesting... As a projectmanager at work, I don't tend to plan or manage the things I do in my spare time. Do you? More truthfully: I actively refuse to plan my spare time, and I will sabotage everyone around me that wants to do so for me. it's MY free time. At work I will work with deadlines and planning and all that bullsh*t.

Coming soon means nothing more than "when It's READY"! People that are active on this forum should understand that ALL te work done here is Non-profit, work done in the spare time of people that actually have a life. Work done in spare time can never have projectplanning that gives you an exact deadline for when it's finished. It depends solely on the amount of spare time the people involved can and want to spend on this. So planning, Timelines, ETA's and deadlines are out the window right away.

And as for "promotion": Blackbolt is in his full right that he wants to show what he is working on. If only to receive some positive feedback and get more motivated to work on it. But that does NOT mean that people that are eagerly awaiting this, can place themselves in some kind of "consumer"-role, and can critisize a non-existent planning. As Blackbolt says: comments like that are not motivating to spend more free time on this.

So, when you ask when it's finished, or what coming soon means, the only correct answer can and will be, WHEN it's Finished.
Maybe all creative soles around here, who are actively working on something can put that in their Sigs.

- AnalogKid - 2009-09-21

Batemann Wrote:Interesting... As a projectmanager at work, I don't tend to plan or manage the things I do in my spare time. Do you? More truthfully: I actively refuse to plan my spare time, and I will sabotage everyone around me that wants to do so for me. it's MY free time. At work I will work with deadlines and planning and all that bullsh*t.

Coming soon means nothing more than "when It's READY"! People that are active on this forum should understand that ALL te work done here is Non-profit, work done in the spare time of people that actually have a life. Work done in spare time can never have projectplanning that gives you an exact deadline for when it's finished. It depends solely on the amount of spare time the people involved can and want to spend on this. So planning, Timelines, ETA's and deadlines are out the window right away.

And as for "promotion": Blackbolt is in his full right that he wants to show what he is working on. If only to receive some positive feedback and get more motivated to work on it. But that does NOT mean that people that are eagerly awaiting this, can place themselves in some kind of "consumer"-role, and can critisize a non-existent planning. As Blackbolt says: comments like that are not motivating to spend more free time on this.

So, when you ask when it's finished, or what coming soon means, the only correct answer can and will be, WHEN it's Finished.
Maybe all creative soles around here, who are actively working on something can put that in their Sigs.

People should read.
I've never asked when any skin will be ready, nor do I care when it's finished... I think it's looking splendid and could be one of the next generation progressions in XBMC skins. This isn't in question...

The criticism lies in folks getting annoyed by folks asking when it will arrive or at a single posting by a member highlighting an alternative approach to releasing a skin (big bang).

If you promote a product, for whatever reason, with a 'coming soon' tag line... it should not be a surprise when you stir up interest and folks want to know when it will arrive.
If you create promo vids and websites (all good stuff), live by the reaction the promo creates (good, bad and inquisitive), don't moan that it caused a stir, or at how folks react to it. You can't really have it both ways.