[RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-ons Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=56083)
[RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) - amet - 2009-08-09 16:07
This script will search and download subtitles from OpenSubtitles.org , Sublight.si and Podnapisi.net via OSD screen
OpenSubtitles_OSD v1.52 is out, it can be downloaded from XBMC repo installer under xbmc-addon section or XBMC Zone Installer
If you are running PM3.HD, Transparency! 2.11, Aeon Hitched, Rapier or Alaska you need to enable Subtitle button under skin settings and set the path to the script, for other skins look under download section for available skin hacks.
New in Version 1.52
- Fixed: Sublight.si search and download due to the changes to their API.
New in Version 1.50
- Fixed: works on XBOX now - thanks arnova
- Fixed: simplified onClick - thanks mr_blobby
- Added: setting for displaying file name on search page
- Added: Alaska skin support - thanks psike
- Various code cleanup
New in Version 1.49
- Reverted to 1.47
New in Version 1.48
- Fixed: XBOX compatibility, thanks arnova!!!
New in Version 1.47
- Fixed: podnapisi.net download change due to their website redesign.
New in Version 1.46
- Fixed: script error when it cant save to a desired location.
New in Version 1.45
- Fixed: Bosnian subtitle search
New in Version 1.44
- Fixed: Podnapisi would hang with Greek language,thanks xalaros for pointing it out
- Fixed: Brazilian == PortugueseBrazil, Thanks ecsousa
New in Version 1.43
- Third Language search option and Russian translation, thanks to hentar
New in Version 1.42
- Confluence support
New in Version 1.41
- Minor fix for Win users
New in Version 1.40
- Ability to download subs for RAR movies to the movie folder.Thanks Crayonman for testing on Linux.Works on RARs over SMB as well.
New in Version 1.39
- Script can save subtitles to SMB drive, you have to set SMB permissions correctly.
- resolved search error caused by OpenSubtitles and Podnapisi hash search.
- Automatically check for newer version, off by default.
- if installed via SVN repo installer, it will not install on incompatible XBMC version(< 22240)
New in Version 1.37
- Fixed script error on newer SVN builds
New in Version 1.36
- Search and Subtitle renaming on XBOX is now fixed, if you having trouble with subtitle not activating try disabling "Search for subtitles in RAR" under XBMC -->settings -->Video --> Subtitles. --- Thanks Bram77 for testing and the solution for disabling RARs
- German translation
For more changes, look at change Log
1.) Install from XBMC repo installer under xbmc-addon section or XBMC Zone Installer
2.) Download the skin hack for the skin you are using
3.) Copy files from skin folders, media and 720p, to their respective places in your skin folders. Make sure you backup the original .xml files first.
Settings menu has changed in new version. To enter the settings go to Scripts:
Apple Tv: Highlight OpenSubtitles_OSD and hold "menu", then select script settings
Keyboard: Highlight OpenSubtitles_OSD and press "c", then select script settings
XBOX: Highlight OpenSubtitles_OSD and select 'Title' button on IR, then select script settings
- queeup - 2009-08-09 18:38
wow. this is really good thing. Thx
- whufclee - 2009-08-09 18:45
Absolute blinding addition - great work.
Just tried it on xbox (PM3.HD) and it is working pretty good, just a couple of little bugs:
1) I only have one .MP4 (Batman Begins.mp4) file in my library but when I try and get the subtitles for that one the xbox freezes. I'm guessing this must have something to do with the mp4 format as it's the only one I'm having problems with so far.
2) If you download the subtitles and then exit the film, load up another film and try to get subs for that one the system freezes. Small glitch really, personally I'm unlikely to be watching 2 films on the trot which I need subs for.
I've had "connection failed" a lot but I guess there's nothing that can be done there it's just a website problem. I also thought it was having problems with some filenames as some films were getting no results even after connecting ok but I've since found out that if you exit and try again it usually finds results (may take a couple of attempts though).
Any chance you could make a version for the Transparency! skin? I thought it would work as Transparency! is just a mod of PM3.HD but it didn't work on that skin for some reason.
All in all I am a very happy bunny today, hungover but excited by this great new addition - thanks for cheering me up on hangover day!!
- amet - 2009-08-09 18:54
whufclee Wrote:Absolute blinding addition - great work.
I am glad that you liked it
Connection error is due to the website , nothing I can do there
As for your issue with loading the subs for second movie can you please post your log file. I dont have a XBOX and unfortunately I cant replicate the problem.
I will work on Transparency! mod later today and post results.
- amet - 2009-08-09 19:50
whufclee Wrote:Absolute blinding addition - great work.
Trancparency! support added on the first post.
I had to shift he menu to the left, on AppleTv the menu stays on the screen.
Please check it and let me know what you think
- whufclee - 2009-08-09 20:22
Wow you're on fire today, that was quick!
Just tried the transparency! one but unfortunately it's not working. The "Download Subtitles" button is on the menu but when I click on it I get a python script error. Here is my debug log if it's any use to you http://pastebin.com/m104c0218
Very odd, I don't know why the skin would make any difference to the python script but then again I'm no programmer so what do I know... definately works on PM3.HD though.
- amet - 2009-08-09 20:36
whufclee Wrote:Wow you're on fire today, that was quick!
Sorry about that.
it looks like the Script had a problem with "!" in Transparency!
Please, can you try again and let me know?
I updated the link on first page.
Thanks, I do appreciate the test work you doing.
- whufclee - 2009-08-09 23:05
Well done mate, that works a treat with the transparency! skin now.
Thanks for that your work is much appreciated.
- amet - 2009-08-09 23:57
whufclee Wrote:Well done mate, that works a treat with the transparency! skin now.
No worries, glad that it worked out
Thanks a lot for testing on XBOX.
- greatant1337 - 2009-08-09 23:58
Thanks for this!
Testing on win32 and xbox now.
- amet - 2009-08-10 10:35
greatant1337 Wrote:Thanks for this!
Great, let me know how it goes.
Thanks a lot
- nixa - 2009-08-10 13:21
beautifully done dude.
this script works for movie streaming (internet) too?
- amet - 2009-08-10 14:13
nixa Wrote:beautifully done dude.
No, I am afraid not, as it needs to be called from Video OSD.
Internet Streaming - nixa - 2009-08-10 15:18
Amet, your hard work is much appreciated.
Yeah, as you said, the script is not meant for internet streaming as Ive tested on my apple tv.
However, I did some modification of your script and now its working for internet streaming as well. And you can get the modified version in my google page. latest: from v.1.09 internet streaming is included
note: i rarely download movies, thus this 'modified' script meant for those who only streams movie
successfully tested video plugins: watchnewfilms.com, greatstufftv.com, movics.org, albavid.com and vidlcs.com
- ultrabrutal - 2009-08-10 16:20
does it use file name for searching or what about the length of the subtitles? I often find that they don't match the video and is out of sync