Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=56083)

- amet - 2009-09-02

revned Wrote:Could you add support for http://www.podnapisi.net/

They have a lot of subtitles in many languages, also for TV series.

I have already included podnapisi.net as the third service , it will be included in a next version. it might take a week or so to release as I want to iron out all the problems that we have come across.

note: for best results when searching for TV shows , you should have the episode in the library. The script will then get the name, season and episode number and do a search with that.

- revned - 2009-09-02

Great news Amet. I've got all my series in the library.

- pko66 - 2009-09-02

Amet Wrote:I have already included podnapisi.net as the third service , it will be included in a next version. it might take a week or so to release as I want to iron out all the problems that we have come across.

Awesome! can't wait for it! thank you, I hope you can release it soon.

Amet Wrote:note: for best results when searching for TV shows , you should have the episode in the library. The script will then get the name, season and episode number and do a search with that.

Do you need both to have the episode in the library and also BE on library mode or just having it in the library will suffice?

- tikkiew - 2009-09-02

Amet Wrote:I have already included podnapisi.net as the third service , it will be included in a next version. it might take a week or so to release as I want to iron out all the problems that we have come across.

Isn't podnapisi.net included in sublight.si search?
This website I like to use to find subtitles subtitlesource.org
Maybe you want to add this in your script?

- amet - 2009-09-02

pko66 Wrote:Awesome! can't wait for it! thank you, I hope you can release it soon.

It will be another 7-10 days... Sad

pko66 Wrote:Do you need both to have the episode in the library and also BE on library mode or just having it in the library will suffice?

it is sufficient to have it scanned in a library, if it shows the name of the show and the episode/season number in OSD it will have the good results.
The above only applies to name search.Hash search(SYNC) subtitles are not searched by name, so it doesnt matter what the files are called.

Zeljko

- amet - 2009-09-02

tikkiew Wrote:Isn't podnapisi.net included in sublight.si search?
This website I like to use to find subtitles subtitlesource.org
Maybe you want to add this in your script?

it might be included in Sublight.si search client, but OpenSubtitles_OSD searches only Sublight's database.

I will have a look at adding subtitlesource.org

Regards
Zeljko

- Vampirebat - 2009-09-02

i really like this script and when it works the first try its awesome the conveiniance of having it right there in XBMC is great.
but i have had a few issues with how it functions.
i rename all my media content as i put it on my media center PC and that makes it more difficult to find a sub that will sync up with my media on the first try.
what i am finding is that after i download a sub for a movie and it doesn't sync close enough to use it and i then try to DL another sub using this script it doesn't switch to the new sub it still uses the old one and wont allow me to switch to the new on until i reload XBMC and when i go to the folder i have the media in i was looking for a sub for i will have like 5 to 8 different sub files cluttering up the folder.

basically my questions are.

how do i get it to use the newly download sub so i can test them without having to restart XBMC after every new sub download.(cause if i have to restart after each one i may as well use an external program for DL'n subs)

and

is it possible to make the script replace the old sub file that i don't want to use anymore with the new one rather than just collecting dozens of "insert movie name here".sub files like they were Pokemon cards?

- Saint - 2009-09-03

Hey everybody,

I tried installing this both manual and thu the installer on XBMC's latest version in Ubuntu 9.04, wen I go to scripts and start it up it says running, get the first 2 language questions, after that I sayed no to set a folder and just used Opensubtitles as foldername in the option after that, but wen it finishes the (running) behind it goes away and wen i start a movie nothing happens at all, can someone tell me what im doing wrong?

- amet - 2009-09-03

Vampirebat Wrote:1.
how do i get it to use the newly download sub so i can test them without having to restart XBMC after every new sub download.(cause if i have to restart after each one i may as well use an external program for DL'n subs)

It is automatically activated when downloaded. sometimes the XBMC is acting up and not activating properly. I have encountered these problems while testing but I couldn't replicate them. I would download exactly the same file 10 times and it would be fine, 2 hours later the same file will show that it is Downloaded and extracted, but the XBMC has not activated it.

Vampirebat Wrote:2.
is it possible to make the script replace the old sub file that i don't want to use anymore with the new one rather than just collecting dozens of "insert movie name here".sub files like they were Pokemon cards?

the problem is that some zipped subs for TV series from OpenSubtitles come packed as whole season, you are looking for season 1 episode 3, but instead you get all 24 episodes. In the upcoming version this will be corrected and the script will rename the subs to "name_of_the_movie.language.srt" and ignore the zips with more than one srt in it. Sublight service works fine as their subs are packed correctly.

Regards
Zeljko

- amet - 2009-09-03

Saint Wrote:Hey everybody,

I tried installing this both manual and thu the installer on XBMC's latest version in Ubuntu 9.04, wen I go to scripts and start it up it says running, get the first 2 language questions, after that I sayed no to set a folder and just used Opensubtitles as foldername in the option after that, but wen it finishes the (running) behind it goes away and wen i start a movie nothing happens at all, can someone tell me what im doing wrong?

you need to run the script from OSD screen while watching the movie.

look on the first page for instructions how to apply hacks for skins or go here

Zeljko

- Saint - 2009-09-03

Amet Wrote:you need to run the script from OSD screen while watching the movie.

look on the first page for instructions how to apply hacks for skins or go here

Zeljko

Well i checked it out and tried installing transparacy (wich doesen't work on linux but i figured that out while it was already installing xD) what do you advice i install? all i got now is the Opensubtitles_OSD thingie

- amet - 2009-09-03

Saint Wrote:Well i checked it out and tried installing transparacy (wich doesen't work on linux but i figured that out while it was already installing xD) what do you advice i install? all i got now is the Opensubtitles_OSD thingie

I am sure that it works with Linux, where did you read about it not working on linuxHuh

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57253

You have to be using one of the "Nightly Builds" of XBMC for the best results with Transparency! 2.0 and go to Settings -->Skin settings-->Scripts--> Activate Subtitle Button and set path to the script.

Zeljko

- ronie - 2009-09-03

Saint Wrote:Well i checked it out and tried installing transparacy (wich doesen't work on linux but i figured that out while it was already installing xD)

i've been running (and developing) Transparency! on linux since day one and never had issues with it?

- Saint - 2009-09-03

Oeps i wasent reading it right i think it just doesent support my svn build (9.04.1 r20654) atleast i dont see any changes nor do i c a subtitles button wen i play some thing nor a option to enable the skin

- amet - 2009-09-03

Saint Wrote:Oeps i wasent reading it right i think it just doesent support my svn build (9.04.1 r20654) atleast i dont see any changes nor do i c a subtitles button wen i play some thing nor a option to enable the skin

Well, you have to be running at least r22038, according to ronie

Quote:note: Transparency! does not work with the stable 9.04.1 release of xbmc, you'll need a svn build (r22038 or up) of xbmc!

I am not sure what changes you are looking for??

this is what it looks like when you activate the Subtitle button. the button on bottom right is the subtitle. when you click on that the script will activate and search the subtitle database.

Zeljko