Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=56083)

- amet - 2009-09-10

darknior Wrote:What about for my question please ?
asian-subs.net is really a great site Big Grin

Bye

I wouldn't hold my breath, it doesn't look like they have the API. It only has 6 languages, and 2815 subtitles. I dont think its worth the effort.Sorry mate.

Zeljko

- kobik - 2009-09-10

Looks great mate.
May I suggest adding subtitles uploading of missing subtitles at OpenSubtitles?

- amet - 2009-09-10

kobik Wrote:Looks great mate.
May I suggest adding subtitles uploading of missing subtitles at OpenSubtitles?

that is on my To-Do list but I am still not sure how to do it.

It is easy to code it, the problem I have with it is how to make it look good and not interrupt movie.

I am thinking about adding it in script menu(not OSD), so when you run the script from there it would ask if you want to upload,

if yes then,

-chose where you want to upload(OpenSubtitles,sublight,podnapisi)

-choose the movie file so it can do the hash link

-choose the subtitle file

-enter name of the movie, year .... etc

-upload

I would like to do this to help the sites build up their database, after all they are letting us use their service for free, but I wouldn't want to make the existing script too complicated and drift away from its original purpose - two click download and minimal interruption of the movie

all ideas are welcomed.

Zeljko

- wally007 - 2009-09-10

Im trying out XBMC OSX and would like to get this script working with Aeon-Hitch skin.

Script works and doesnt crash , but i cant see any text in the OSD. I can see opensubtitle.org logo , white sync logo and flags but no text where i assume should be subtitle name.

any idea what fonts am i missing ? I have all AEON-HITCH fonts installled.

- amet - 2009-09-11

wally007 Wrote:Im trying out XBMC OSX and would like to get this script working with Aeon-Hitch skin.

Script works and doesnt crash , but i cant see any text in the OSD. I can see opensubtitle.org logo , white sync logo and flags but no text where i assume should be subtitle name.

any idea what fonts am i missing ? I have all AEON-HITCH fonts installled.

It sounds like the script is not finding the correct skin file.

The folder of your skin needs to be called Aeon or Aeon Hitched or Aeon_Hitched ... the important part is "Aeon". (capital A). Try renaming it and let me know.If that doesnt work please post the log file

Zeljko

- wally007 - 2009-09-11

Amet Wrote:It sounds like the script is not finding the correct skin file.

The folder of your skin needs to be called Aeon or Aeon Hitched or Aeon_Hitched ... the important part is "Aeon". (capital A). Try renaming it and let me know.If that doesnt work please post the log file

Zeljko

yup , folder name was IT. :-) Mine was called Hitched aeon. Changed it to Aeon_Hitched and viola , script works.

Thanks a lot.

- amet - 2009-09-11

wally007 Wrote:yup , folder name was it. :-) mine was called hitched aeon. Changed it to aeon_hitched and viola , script works.

Thanks a lot.

np Smile

- jon74 - 2009-09-12

I'm running XBMC on Apple TV. I have installed the plugin but I am not able to apply the skin hack. The instructions says that I should replace some files in my skin folder but I am not able to find any skins in my skin folder. It is completely emptyConfused (NOTE: I have never installed any new skins so I would only expect the default installed skins to be there but they're not.)

Could anyone tell me where to locate the default skin?

I also had the idea that I could download the PM3.HD skin and put a new version of it in my skin folder, but I cannot seem to find a link to download it.

- amet - 2009-09-12

jon74 Wrote:I'm running XBMC on Apple TV. I have installed the plugin but I am not able to apply the skin hack. The instructions says that I should replace some files in my skin folder but I am not able to find any skins in my skin folder. It is completely emptyConfused (NOTE: I have never installed any new skins so I would only expect the default installed skins to be there but they're not.)

Could anyone tell me where to locate the default skin?

I also had the idea that I could download the PM3.HD skin and put a new version of it in my skin folder, but I cannot seem to find a link to download it.

Hi,

The skins are located in /frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/skin and /frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/skin

any modifications or additions you do to the first location will be lost in case you update the XBMC to the newer version. I would suggest you have a look at Transparency! 2.0 , it supports the script and no hack is necessary.

Let me know if you need any more help
Zeljko

- Ramshackles - 2009-09-12

With versions after 1.28 I get an error trying to run the osd script on all the skins i have, transparancy, aeon and mediastream.

Seems like the:
service_present = ui.set_allparam ( movieFullPath,search_string,temp,sub_folder, year )

is the culprit, keeps saying name year is unkown.

- LinarSavion - 2009-09-12

Ramshackles Wrote:With versions after 1.28 I get an error trying to run the osd script on all the skins i have, transparancy, aeon and mediastream.

Seems like the:
service_present = ui.set_allparam ( movieFullPath,search_string,temp,sub_folder, year )

i got the same problem, using Transparency! v2.0

- amet - 2009-09-12

Ramshackles Wrote:With versions after 1.28 I get an error trying to run the osd script on all the skins i have, transparancy, aeon and mediastream.

Seems like the:

LinarSavion Wrote:i got the same problem, using Transparency! v2.0

can you post the log file?

Zeljko

- LinarSavion - 2009-09-13

Amet Wrote:can you post the log file?

Zeljko

here it is: http://pastebin.com/m2f17ce73

- amet - 2009-09-13

LinarSavion Wrote:here it is: http://pastebin.com/m2f17ce73

Thanks,

I have tried replicating the problem on my side, and its working fine. Not sure whats causing it to fail on your side.

Is it happening with all the files or just some of them? I can see that this one is "rar". are any of the other rar files working?

Zeljko

- Burke - 2009-09-13

Hi,

I tried installing latest ver. 1.32. But I get error mesage:

Python script failed:
Special://home/scripts/opensubtitles_osd/default.py

I run XBMC on WinXP Sp3, SVN R2121

Pls help thx