Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=56083)

- amet - 2009-09-14

t0mmyK Wrote:Amet, thanks for your support! Everything works well now.
That plugin really does the job! Keep up good work.

I am glad you got it to work. Smile

t0mmyK Wrote:Is it planned to implement other subtitles databases as well?

Not for the time being, you can read through this thread we talked about it. It has to be worth while doing it, also we need API and the permission from the site to actually download via the script. the Opensubtitles.org has about 900000 subtitle files for about 50000 movies and Tvshows, Sublight.si and podnapisi.net less, but still good databases. And most importantly it has to have support for "all" languages, its only fair Smile

Zeljko

total noob question - cu_shane - 2009-09-15

I could use a little help...I have no idea what I'm doing Wink

I have installed this script (1.28 since I am not using a SVN release) and the appropriate skin hack. When I go to scrips > opensubtitles_osd it ask me if I would like to specify new settings. How do I actually get this to download the subs for my movies?

- amet - 2009-09-15

cu_shane Wrote:I could use a little help...I have no idea what I'm doing Wink

I have installed this script (1.28 since I am not using a SVN release) and the appropriate skin hack. When I go to scrips > opensubtitles_osd it ask me if I would like to specify new settings. How do I actually get this to download the subs for my movies?

The script is meant to be run from OSD. If you have installed appropriate hack for your skin you will notice the new button.

if you click that the script will launch and search for the subtitles.

The scrips > opensubtitles_osd is used if you want to reset the language and service settings.

Let me know if you need more help.

Zeljko

- cu_shane - 2009-09-15

Amet Wrote:The script is meant to be run from OSD. If you have installed appropriate hack for your skin you will notice the new button.

if you click that the script will launch and search for the subtitles.

The scrips > opensubtitles_osd is used if you want to reset the language and service settings.

Let me know if you need more help.

Zeljko

That's what I needed, thanks!

- amet - 2009-09-15

cu_shane Wrote:That's what I needed, thanks!

Enjoy it Smile

- ezechiel1917 - 2009-09-17

Amet:
I've found out that you can also upload subtitles to OpenSubtitles from most of scripts/software that can download them.

Do you think it would be good idea to implement this to your script so we can also support the site if we already have subtitles? Cool

- amet - 2009-09-17

ezechiel1917 Wrote:Amet:
I've found out that you can also upload subtitles to OpenSubtitles from most of scripts/software that can download them.

Do you think it would be good idea to implement this to your script so we can also support the site if we already have subtitles? Cool

We have discussed this few times, it is very easy to code it, the problem is not making it complicated to use and not distracting from watching the movie.

I can easily make it run the uploader when you run it from scripts menu, select the movie, sub file, sub language... just not sure how many people will use it. Is it worth the effort.

I have asked earlier for any ideas on upload(few pages back), but no response so far. I assumed there was no interest in it.

Zeljko

- fidoboy - 2009-09-17

ezechiel1917 Wrote:Amet:

I like the idea so much! Just add a new button to upload the subtitle file. If the subtitle file has the same name than the current movie, then the upload should be done automatically, in other case, the script should ask for the filename to upload....

regards,

- amet - 2009-09-17

fidoboy Wrote:I like the idea so much! Just add a new button to upload the subtitle file. If the subtitle file has the same name than the current movie, then the upload should be done automatically, in other case, the script should ask for the filename to upload....

regards,

automatically how? when you download from OpenSubtitles, upload to Sublight? you dont know that it is correct sub.

what subtitle file? what if the subs and the movie are not in the same folder?

you want to do all this while watching the movie? same as searching for subtitles?

my point is that if you want to upload you should upload the subs that are "hash" linked, you dont know if the sub is correct until you watched the movie, so only "correct" way would be to go in to a script after you have finished watching the movie and upload.... this is why I am saying it should be done from Scripts menu and not OSD.

Thoughts?

Zeljko

I think of something like optional Upload toggle in script settings (off by default) that would change beahaviour of subtitles button to expand to two options: Download subtitle and Upload subtitle (or two separate buttons, but that would only clutter skin I guess). Upload would up currently used subtitles, Download would work same way as it currently works.

I definitely don't want this to be ON by default, as it would be really annoying, but I just like the idea to support OSDb even if only few people would use it.

Amet Wrote:my point is that if you want to upload you should upload the subs that are "hash" linked, you dont know if the sub is correct until you watched the movie, so only "correct" way would be to go in to a script after you have finished watching the movie and upload.... this is why I am saying it should be done from Scripts menu and not OSD.

Thoughts?

Zeljko

I would really prefer to have an option to upload directly from OSD whenever you're watching a movie. If I had to go to scripts, I would probably upload them on standard PC workstation. I personaly download subtitles from trustworthy sources and/or usualy edit/sync them before watching movie itself, so I already know they're in sync. I would just simply pressed OSD button while end credits were running and viola Smile

- amet - 2009-09-17

ezechiel1917 Wrote:I think of something like optional Upload toggle in script settings (off by default) that would change beahaviour of subtitles button to expand to two options: Download subtitle and Upload subtitle (or two separate buttons, but that would only clutter skin I guess). Upload would up currently used subtitles, Download would work same way as it currently works.

I definitely don't want this to be ON by default, as it would be really annoying, but I just like the idea to support OSDb even if only few people would use it.

The only problem, apart from cluttering the skin, would be the upload of the correct subtitle file.

doing the Upload button in script settings and in skin would be easy, upload code is easy as well, only thing is how to implement it so that it actually works and does not interfere with watching the movie.

I could add (not by default, optional setting) a pop up window "Upload Or Download" if download is selected it works normally, if upload is selected then ask for the Subtitle file for the currently playing movie, ask for the language of the sub, confirm the name of the movie where to upload and upload...

also, we need to have username and password for the service we want to upload to.

its getting too complicated, as is it takes about 4-5 seconds to load on ATV Smile

Zeljko

- amet - 2009-09-17

ezechiel1917 Wrote:I would really prefer to have an option to upload directly from OSD whenever you're watching a movie. If I had to go to scripts, I would probably upload them on standard PC workstation. I personaly download subtitles from trustworthy sources and/or usualy edit/sync them before watching movie itself, so I already know they're in sync. I would just simply pressed OSD button while end credits were running and viola Smile

that just gave me an idea. we could calculate how far the movie is watched, and if it is more than 90% consider the users action as "upload".... no one will be downloading a sub 90% in to a movie...

- fidoboy - 2009-09-17

If subtitle file is in the same folder and has the same name than the current movie, then upload automatically.

If subtitle is linked by the hash, then upload automatically.

Any other case, ask for file location.

The upload option should be an option in settings (with on/off state). Also this should be done by pressing a 'Upload' button, not without user knowlegement

- amet - 2009-09-17

fidoboy Wrote:If subtitle file is in the same folder and has the same name than the current movie, then upload automatically.

I dont think we can get the name of the activated sub from XBMC, can we?

fidoboy Wrote:If subtitle is linked by the hash, then upload automatically.

the script has no way of knowing if the file is linked by hash.

fidoboy Wrote:Any other case, ask for file location.

The upload option should be an option in settings (with on/off state). Also this should be done by pressing a 'Upload' button, not without user knowlegement

if the script is activated 90%(or 50 or 60 or whenever we think is appropriate ) in to a movie it will ask if you want to upload.

it will still need a lot of input from the user

1) name of the movie.
2) possibly subtitle file(not sure we can get the info we need from XBMC)
3) language of the sub
4) service to upload to

plus user name and password in settings menu.

Adding the button in the script was problematic in the early versions, the keyboard and remote input was fine but mouse "click" was not detected correctly.

Zeljko