Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=56083)

- amet - 2009-10-10

tikkiew Wrote:Just know I can find the subtitle for Heroes S04E03.I did a search for heroes and found it.I already search for it yesterday.Or I didn't look good or it's just like you said I have to wait.

Same sort of thing with podnaspsi.net?It doesn't do the search of tv serie subtitles?

it searches for tv series.... thats all I watch Smile

I am not sure why you are not getting any hits Huh

I will have a look when I get home...still at work...

if you can, please send me your log, dont forget to enable debug log in script settings before. I just want to see if it is searching and not finding anything or is it just overloaded and timing out.

Zeljko

- dotcom - 2009-10-10

For you who wants to open the OpenSubtitles menu with a key on your remote heres a small guide to get it working:

Find the file keyboard.xml (ex. C:\Program Files\Xbmc\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml for me), make a backup on the file too in case of screwup.

In keyboard.xml under <FullscreenVideo><keyboard> add the line:
<id>xbmc.runscript(special://home/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py)</id>

it's case sensitive so be sure to check that and replace id with the key you want to use on your remote, then just bind the key you used to your remote.

Thanks to Amet for helping me get this working Smile

- amet - 2009-10-10

dotcom Wrote:For you who wants to open the OpenSubtitles menu with a key on your remote heres a small guide to get it working:

Find the file keyboard.xml (ex. C:\Program Files\Xbmc\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml for me), make a backup on the file too in case of screwup.

In keyboard.xml under <FullscreenVideo><keyboard> add the line:
<id>xbmc.runscript(C:\Users\your_compname\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\scripts\OpenSubtitles_OSD\default.py)</id>

Change the path so its goes to your default.py this is for vista may change for other OS, it's case sensitive so be sure to check that and replace id with the key you want to use on your remote, then just bind the key you used to your remote.

Thanks to Amet for helping me get this working Smile

thanks for posting it here Smile

- fidoboy - 2009-10-10

Amet Wrote:remove media folder from OpenSubtitles_OSD/resources/skins/Default and run the script again.

Let me know if there is still a problem after that.

Zeljko

It worked! problem solved... thanks Amet. Big Grin

regards,

- amet - 2009-10-10

fidoboy Wrote:It worked! problem solved... thanks Amet. Big Grin

regards,

NP Smile

Cheers

- tikkiew - 2009-10-10

Amet Wrote:it searches for tv series.... thats all I watch Smile

I am not sure why you are not getting any hits Huh

I will have a look when I get home...still at work...

if you can, please send me your log, dont forget to enable debug log in script settings before. I just want to see if it is searching and not finding anything or is it just overloaded and timing out.

Zeljko

I get hits.But let me explain .I first searched for heroes because it couldn't get Heroes S04E03.avi automatically on podnapsi.net with opensubtitle.osd. I get a long list of dutch subtitles but couldn't find S04E03.Maybe the list was to short on opensubtitle.osd because I can find it on the third page of the All subtitles search on the website

Than I went to the website.And see that there are 3 type of searches .
* All subtitles
* Movie subtitles
* TV Series subtitles

I used TV Series subtitles.And found Heroes S04E03.

So my question was if opensubtitle.osd podnapsi.net use tv serie search for a tv serie?

But look what happen I just tried again on opensubtiltle.osd podnapsi automatically get subttile of the file Heroes S04E03.avi and I got it Smile

- amet - 2009-10-10

tikkiew Wrote:I get hits.But let me explain .I first searched for heroes because it couldn't get Heroes S04E03.avi automatically on podnapsi.net with opensubtitle.osd. I get a long list of dutch subtitles but couldn't find S04E03.Maybe the list was to short on opensubtitle.osd because I can find it on the third page of the All subtitles search on the website

Than I went to the website.And see that there are 3 type of searches .
* All subtitles
* Movie subtitles
* TV Series subtitles

I used TV Series subtitles.And found Heroes S04E03.

So my question was if opensubtitle.osd podnapsi.net use tv serie search for a tv serie?

But look what happen I just tried again on opensubtiltle.osd podnapsi automatically get subttile of the file Heroes S04E03.avi and I got it Smile

I am sure they are following the forum thread and they saw you complain about it Laugh

- tikkiew - 2009-10-10

Amet Wrote:I am sure they are following the forum thread and they saw you complain about it Laugh

Damn them,whatever the cause was.I can't place a proper bug.They keep beating me to the punch. And I have to say again everything works sweet. Big Grin

- estuardo - 2009-10-13

Amet Wrote:please post the log if and when it freezes, is it always freezing when you download second sub?
I mainly run the script on ATV and have never experienced any problems apart from services being slow sometime, but there isn't anything we can do about it.

just a note that the script doesnt work with 2CD movies, unfortunately.

Zeljko

Here's the log. It is now freezing every time I try to use the OSD button. It just hangs on the "Searching for Subtitles" Dialog. I push all buttons and none is responsive. I check the ATV and it is recognizing that I have I'm pressing a button.

http://pastebin.com/d1d2bf940

Thank you for your help.

gb

- amet - 2009-10-13

estuardo Wrote:Here's the log. It is now freezing every time I try to use the OSD button. It just hangs on the "Searching for Subtitles" Dialog. I push all buttons and none is responsive. I check the ATV and it is recognizing that I have I'm pressing a button.

http://pastebin.com/d1d2bf940

Thank you for your help.

gb

Hi,

I was having trouble with Open subtitle service last night as well, I think that their servers were struggling a bit. Did you try different service?set the default service in script settings to sublight/podnapisi and try.

unfortunately, from the log I can't see that you even run the script. please try re posting it.please enable the debug logging in script settings as well.

Zeljko

- estuardo - 2009-10-13

Amet Wrote:Hi,

I was having trouble with Open subtitle service last night as well, I think that their servers were struggling a bit. Did you try different service?set the default service in script settings to sublight/podnapisi and try.

unfortunately, from the log I can't see that you even run the script. please try re posting it.please enable the debug logging in script settings as well.

Zeljko

Hello,

Here's the steps I'm doing:

1. Use Transparency! as the skin.
2. I go to the skin menu at Transparency! and enable OpenSubtitles_OSD script and I use this path: /mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py
3. I go to the main screen and then to the Scripts menu. I choose OpenSubtitles_OSD, press menu for two seconds and I choose to enable the debugging info.

Then I go to a video and try to get a subtitle. It freezes every time.
Here's my log:

http://pastebin.com/d2ad760d9

I hope that I'm doing the correct steps and that this info is useful to you.

Thank you for your help.

gb

- amet - 2009-10-13

estuardo Wrote:Hello,

Here's the steps I'm doing:

1. Use Transparency! as the skin.
2. I go to the skin menu at Transparency! and enable OpenSubtitles_OSD script and I use this path: /mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py
3. I go to the main screen and then to the Scripts menu. I choose OpenSubtitles_OSD, press menu for two seconds and I choose to enable the debugging info.

Then I go to a video and try to get a subtitle. It freezes every time.
Here's my log:

http://pastebin.com/d2ad760d9

I hope that I'm doing the correct steps and that this info is useful to you.

Thank you for your help.

gb

Thanks for the Log.

I can't see anything wrong that you are doing or any errors in the script, as I said earlier I am also having some issues with OpenSubtitles.org website being slow.

EDIT: one thing I just noticed, you need to set the custom subtitle folder that is not on SMB drive, we are currently testing the possibility of saving to the movie folder on SMB drive but it is still not confirmed.Please use the local folder for now.

my suggestion is to try and enable sublight/podnapisi service in script settings and change default service from Opensubtitles to Sublight or Podnapisi(you are going to need the username and password for podnapisi) and try then. If that works its not the script it is the OS website.

If it fails with one of the other services please post the log again.

EDIT: The OS service is working for me at the moment, but it is a bit slow. I am running SVN:23592 on ATV, maybe there is an issue with the latest SVN that you are using. try downgrading to the 23592 it might fix your library problem as well

Cheers
Zeljko

- estuardo - 2009-10-14

Amet Wrote:Thanks for the Log.

EDIT: one thing I just noticed, you need to set the custom subtitle folder that is not on SMB drive, we are currently testing the possibility of saving to the movie folder on SMB drive but it is still not confirmed.Please use the local folder for now.

my suggestion is to try and enable sublight/podnapisi service in script settings and change default service from Opensubtitles to Sublight or Podnapisi(you are going to need the username and password for podnapisi) and try then. If that works its not the script it is the OS website.

If it fails with one of the other services please post the log again.

EDIT: The OS service is working for me at the moment, but it is a bit slow. I am running SVN:23592 on ATV, maybe there is an issue with the latest SVN that you are using. try downgrading to the 23592 it might fix your library problem as well

Cheers
Zeljko

Hello,

I did as you said, removed OpenSubtitles from the list, and changed where the subtitles will be downloaded. It is working now. It is working with Sublight, as I receive results in less than 10 seconds, but it is taking a long time for Podnapisi.

One thing that I wanted to ask you is why don¡t you use http://www.tvsubtitles.net This site is where I download my subtitles and generally have them ready after hours of the TV episode premier. I don't know if they have an API ready, but it may be worth the try.

Thank you again for your help.

gb

- amet - 2009-10-14

estuardo Wrote:Hello,

I did as you said, removed OpenSubtitles from the list, and changed where the subtitles will be downloaded. It is working now. It is working with Sublight, as I receive results in less than 10 seconds, but it is taking a long time for Podnapisi.

One thing that I wanted to ask you is why don¡t you use http://www.tvsubtitles.net This site is where I download my subtitles and generally have them ready after hours of the TV episode premier. I don't know if they have an API ready, but it may be worth the try.

Thank you again for your help.

gb

Hi,

I looked a bit more in to the whole issue, there seems to be the problem getting the hash from the movie file over the SMB, in the mean time disable Podnapisi, I will look into it later today.

can anyone on the older versions of SVN(22240) and SMB confirm that it was working before.

Thanks
Zeljko

OpenSubtitles_OSD v1.39 - amet - 2009-10-15

Anyone having trouble with movies stored on SMB drives please update to latest version (v1.39).

please let me know if it is working correctly.

Cheers,
Zeljko

Quote:New in version 1.39

- Script can save subtitles to SMB drive, you have to set SMB permissions correctly.

- resolved search error caused by OpenSubtitles and Podnapisi hash search.

- Automatically check for newer version, off by default.

- if installed via SVN repo installer, it will not install on incompatible XBMC version(< 22240)