Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=56083)

- crayonman - 2009-10-15

save to smb does work. Thanks!

I also tried mkv within rar through smb and got "You can't save subtitle to Selected destination Please choose different Subtitle folder under Script Settings"

- amet - 2009-10-15

crayonman Wrote:save to smb does work. Thanks!

I also tried mkv within rar through smb and got "You can't save subtitle to Selected destination Please choose different Subtitle folder under Script Settings"

Thanks for letting me know, what platform are you on? What Version?

"Rar" is the next thing on my to-do list.

- frater - 2009-10-15

I just tested SMB-support...
It is not working on XBOX. It comes immediately with a message that I should save them somewhere else....

On MS-Windows on that same SMB-share (same flick even) it downloads the file and even deletes the zip-file. However... It doesn't continue with the subtitle enabled which is your intention. I have to manually close the window and stop the movie. After restarting it, the subtitles work.....

I wish you had an xbox too...

I also noticed I was getting 3 hits on "Cougar.Town.S01E03" on my xbox and 4 on the PC.
The one that went missing on the xbox was the one with the "Sync" label.

xbox log:
http://pastebin.com/f1f2bebb5

- amet - 2009-10-15

frater Wrote:I just tested SMB-support...
It is not working on XBOX. It comes immediately with a message that I should save them somewhere else....

On MS-Windows on that same SMB-share (same flick even) it downloads the file and even deletes the zip-file. However... It doesn't continue with the subtitle enabled which is your intention. I have to manually close the window and stop the movie. After restarting it, the subtitles work.....

An nfo-file is left behind though....

where is the nfo file left behind? if you are using the latest 1.39 all the files are extracted to temp location.

I am having some trouble downloading correct version from SVN, for some reason it downloads the old 1.37 version... Huh

Please post the log.

- amet - 2009-10-15

frater Wrote:I just tested SMB-support...

I wish someone with XBOX would have some time and patience to help me try and sort this issue. Any takers? Wink

frater Wrote:I also noticed I was getting 3 hits on "Cougar.Town.S01E03" on my xbox and 4 on the PC.
The one that went missing on the xbox was the one with the "Sync" label.

you will not get the "sync" subs on XBOX and SMB...XBOX can't do movie hash over the SMB.

frater Wrote:xbox log:
http://pastebin.com/f1f2bebb5

looking at your log it seems that the script doesnt have the correct permissions to write to the SMB. you have setup SMB correctly , I am assuming?

I have setup SMB on my network and it works like a charm from OSX and ATV. crayonman said earlier today that it works but I am not sure what platform he's on.

edit: please try disabling "search for subtitles in rar", that apparently solves the issue of automatically starting the subs after download
Zeljko

- frater - 2009-10-15

Amet Wrote:I wish someone with XBOX would have some time and patience to help me try and sort this issue. Any takers? Wink
Which timezone are you? I live in the Netherlands... (GMT+1)
Amet Wrote:you will not get the "sync" subs on XBOX and SMB...XBOX can't do movie hash over the SMB.
But why one less? (no big deal, though)
Amet Wrote:looking at your log it seems that the script doesnt have the correct permissions to write to the SMB. you have setup SMB correctly , I am assuming?
Yes.. No passwords are involved and XBMC's filemanager can delete create and change files on the SMB-server.
Amet Wrote:I have setup SMB on my network and it works like a charm from OSX and ATV. crayonman said earlier today that it works but I am not sure what platform he's on.
Aha... Nice... So maybe you can test Windows one day....
Amet Wrote:please try disabling "search for subtitles in rar", that apparently solves the issue of automatically starting the subs after download
Zeljko
Although I never had this option enabled it still doesn't start...
I guess it's all XBMC's fault.... The xbox is somehow considered as a bad memory by the devs.....
I wish I had money for a HTPC...

- amet - 2009-10-15

frater Wrote:Which timezone are you? I live in the Netherlands... (GMT+1)

I am in Dubai, I think its GMT +4 ...Not sure... Smile
Check your PM

frater Wrote:But why one less? (no big deal, though)
Probably cos there is only one hash match found on your computer and XBOX is not searching via hash

frater Wrote:Yes.. No passwords are involved and XBMC's filemanager can delete create and change files on the SMB-server.
I know it might be asking a lot, but could you try and setup the SMB to use the password and try again? Smile

frater Wrote:Aha... Nice... So maybe you can test Windows one day....

I test on windows before I release the new version, well almost every version Smile
frater Wrote:Although I never had this option enabled it still doesn't start...
I guess it's all XBMC's fault.... The xbox is somehow considered as a bad memory by the devs.....
and if you choose the custom folder in script settings.Does it work then?

frater Wrote:I wish I had money for a HTPC...
I am not sure if you following the ATV development thread, there are some cool new things in the pipeline. ATV's are relatively cheap on ebay. I could get you one here Tax free. Cool

Cheers
Zeljko

- crayonman - 2009-10-16

Amet Wrote:Thanks for letting me know, what platform are you on? What Version?

"Rar" is the next thing on my to-do list.

I am running xbmclive r23725 (10/14/2009).

Thanks

- djon - 2009-10-16

Will it work on Aeon Showmix? Can I just use the files for the Aeon skin?

If not, will it eventually be made for Aeon Showmix?

- Bram77 - 2009-10-16

I can confirm writing to SMB is not working on the XBOX. Rights are properly set. I can delete and rename smb shared files on my NAS from the XBOX.

Thanks for the update Amet. It's working great so far! I haven't had a situation where the sub zip wouldn't extract, with version 1.39, after using it with 4 episodes. Thanks!

I'll test whenever I'm able to. Sorry for the lack of help for XBOX debugging....

- amet - 2009-10-16

djon Wrote:Will it work on Aeon Showmix? Can I just use the files for the Aeon skin?

If not, will it eventually be made for Aeon Showmix?

have you tried the Aeon "hack"? Make sure you backup the files you replacing.

If its not working let me now and I will try and do make one for it.

Cheers
Zeljko

- amet - 2009-10-16

Bram77 Wrote:I can confirm writing to SMB is not working on the XBOX. Rights are properly set. I can delete and rename smb shared files on my NAS from the XBOX.

It is working on OSX, ATV and live, I suspect its the XBOX Sad

Bram77 Wrote:Thanks for the update Amet. It's working great so far! I haven't had a situation where the sub zip wouldn't extract, with version 1.39, after using it with 4 episodes. Thanks!

what I have done different in 1.39 is that all the zip files are extracted to "temp" location, then renamed correctly, cleanup the "mess" and then move the sub to the final location.

Bram77 Wrote:I'll test whenever I'm able to. Sorry for the lack of help for XBOX debugging....

NP, whenever you have time let me know, and we can try and solve this issue. Smile

Cheers
Zeljko

- djon - 2009-10-16

Amet Wrote:have you tried the Aeon "hack"? Make sure you backup the files you replacing.

If its not working let me now and I will try and do make one for it.

Cheers
Zeljko

I'll try it as soon as I get home and figure out why my skin folder is empty Smile
I sFTP to the PC with user XBMC and I think it must be because that user doesn't have the rights to see the folders inside the skin folder? Can you recommend the easiest way to replace the skin hack files?

EDIT: Also, I got the newest SVN. Will this result in this script not working?

- amet - 2009-10-16

djon Wrote:I'll try it as soon as I get home and figure out why my skin folder is empty Smile
I sFTP to the PC with user XBMC and I think it must be because that user doesn't have the rights to see the folders inside the skin folder? Can you recommend the easiest way to replace the skin hack files?

Just move them in to the relevant folders, but backup the old ones first.

Remember that there are two skin folders. one in users folder, and one in XBMC program folder.

djon Wrote:EDIT: Also, I got the newest SVN. Will this result in this script not working?
Not sure what you mean by "newest SVN" , I tried the r23718 and it worked on ATV and OSX.

Cheers
Zeljko

- pilluli - 2009-10-16

Hi,

just want to say big thanks for your script! It works perfectly here (version 1.37, I'll try the newer soon) in ubuntu jaunty svn 23660.

Regards,